Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Illegal diseases crossing the border.....thanks Obama...

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Illegal diseases crossing the border.....thanks Obama... Empty
PostSubject: Illegal diseases crossing the border.....thanks Obama...   Illegal diseases crossing the border.....thanks Obama... EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 2:12 pm

http://p.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/jul/30/chicken-pox-illegal-immigrant-facility-lockdown/#ixzz391VkmI8T

The federal government’s new facility to house illegal immigrant families surging across the border has been put on lockdown because of chicken pox, with no immigrants allowed to be transferred in or out, a congressman said this week.

Hundreds of illegal immigrants being kept at the campus of the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center in Artesia, New Mexico, are being treated for and vaccinated against chicken pox after an outbreak, said Rep. Steve Pearce, the Republican congressman whose district includes Artesia.

“It’s just a time bomb waiting to go off," said Artesia resident Larry Rolan.

Congressman Steve Pearce has confirmed that two undocumented immigrants staying at the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center in Artesia have contracted chicken pox.

He says they have been isolated while the remaining immigrants are vaccinated.

In the meantime, officials have stopped the arrival and deportation of immigrants.

629 women and children are there right now. And there’s more than chicken pox going around. So far 89 immigrants have tested positive on the skin test for tuberculosis"

Back to top Go down
stormwatch89

stormwatch89

PostSubject: Re: Illegal diseases crossing the border.....thanks Obama...   Illegal diseases crossing the border.....thanks Obama... EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 2:30 pm

In the meantime, officials have stopped the arrival and deportation of immigrants.

Say what???????

I thought it was "impossible" to stop????????????

Things just aren't adding up here, buddy.

Anyone ready for ebola?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Illegal diseases crossing the border.....thanks Obama...   Illegal diseases crossing the border.....thanks Obama... EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 5:53 pm

TB is a big problem. Wasn't there a person infected with TB that ran off and they are on a man hunt for him?

anyway, this is one of the reasons we prefer LEGAL immigration.

When school starts in a few weeks across the country and peoples children start getting sick, be it from illegals or not. Expect more angry people.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Illegal diseases crossing the border.....thanks Obama...   Illegal diseases crossing the border.....thanks Obama... EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 6:52 pm

I do love being the fly in y'alls ointment, and the truth is that kids from Guatamala are far more likely to have their immunizations than Native Texan children are. Here's an article on it saying that UNICEF confirms that fact:

http://www.texasobserver.org/disease-threat-immigrant-children-wildly-overstated/

See guys, these kids come from countries where healthcare is either free or highly affordable, unlike our American children. The immigrant kids may not have their shot records on them, but chances are they've been immunized.
And there are chicken pox outbreaks in our own schools almost every school year.
Hardly anybody dies. Laughing 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Illegal diseases crossing the border.....thanks Obama...   Illegal diseases crossing the border.....thanks Obama... EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 7:00 pm

stormwatch89 wrote:

Say what???????

I thought it was "impossible" to stop????????????

Things just aren't adding up here, buddy.

Anyone ready for ebola?

Well, you might need to get ready for ebola since one of our nation's hospitals is readying a room for an ebola patient right now. THAT is insanity. It's not insanity to allow kids across our borders who are more likely to have been immunized than American children are.

It's Emory University Hospital in Atlanta. Just 5 hours from here. That should bother people a lot more than some Guatamalan kid crossing our border. But of course, you can't blame ebola on Obama so that's no fun to discuss.
Back to top Go down
Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PostSubject: Re: Illegal diseases crossing the border.....thanks Obama...   Illegal diseases crossing the border.....thanks Obama... EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 7:25 pm

Otter wrote:
I do love being the fly in y'alls ointment, and the truth is that kids from Guatamala are far more likely to have their immunizations than Native Texan children are. Here's an article on it saying that UNICEF confirms that fact:

http://www.texasobserver.org/disease-threat-immigrant-children-wildly-overstated/

See guys, these kids come from countries where healthcare is either free or highly affordable, unlike our American children. The immigrant kids may not have their shot records on them, but chances are they've been immunized.
And there are chicken pox outbreaks in our own schools almost every school year.

Only by 1%.......1% against measles. You also must remember there are many illegal immigrant kids in Texas. Immunizations are provided by the government in Central America.

TB is a current problem with the kids crossing the border.

Storm I agree with you......WTH!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Illegal diseases crossing the border.....thanks Obama...   Illegal diseases crossing the border.....thanks Obama... EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 8:09 pm

Joanimaroni wrote:
Otter wrote:

Only by 1%.......1% against measles. You also must remember there are many illegal immigrant kids in Texas.  Immunizations are provided by the government in Central America.

TB is a current problem with the kids crossing the  border.

Storm I agree with you......WTH!!!!

I guess you mean that the immigrant children are only 1% more likely to be vaccinated than American kids in Texas.
I'm glad you agree. These aren't rats climbing off ships and spreading bubonic plague.

Though some people (not you) seem to talk about them as though they were.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Illegal diseases crossing the border.....thanks Obama...   Illegal diseases crossing the border.....thanks Obama... EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 8:22 pm

http://www.npr.org/blogs/goatsandsoda/2014/07/22/332598798/the-immigrant-kids-have-health-issues-but-not-the-ones-youd-think

According to this article the rate of immunization against TB in Central America is 93%. The US does not vaccinate against TB at all.
And according to the article there have been all of three cases of TB among the immigrant children so far. There are several hundred reported in that part of the US yearly. So the immigrant kids are hardly spreading an epidemic.

Just thought I'd add a few facts to this mish mash of fear mongering.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Illegal diseases crossing the border.....thanks Obama...   Illegal diseases crossing the border.....thanks Obama... EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 9:22 pm

Otter wrote:
http://www.npr.org/blogs/goatsandsoda/2014/07/22/332598798/the-immigrant-kids-have-health-issues-but-not-the-ones-youd-think

According to this article the rate of immunization against TB in Central America is 93%. The US does not vaccinate against TB at all.
And according to the article there have been all of three cases of TB among the immigrant children so far.  There are several hundred reported in that part of the US yearly.  So the immigrant kids are hardly spreading an epidemic.

Just thought I'd add a few facts to this mish mash of fear mongering.

Illegal diseases crossing the border.....thanks Obama... Percentage-prev-tb-cases-mdrtb

You might want to look at that map then from last year if you want some facts about where the TB is.
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Illegal diseases crossing the border.....thanks Obama...   Illegal diseases crossing the border.....thanks Obama... EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 11:37 pm

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
http://p.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/jul/30/chicken-pox-illegal-immigrant-facility-lockdown/#ixzz391VkmI8T

The federal government’s new facility to house illegal immigrant families surging across the border has been put on lockdown because of chicken pox, with no immigrants allowed to be transferred in or out, a congressman said this week.

Hundreds of illegal immigrants being kept at the campus of the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center in Artesia, New Mexico, are being treated for and vaccinated against chicken pox after an outbreak, said Rep. Steve Pearce, the Republican congressman whose district includes Artesia.

“It’s just a time bomb waiting to go off," said Artesia resident Larry Rolan.

Congressman Steve Pearce has confirmed that two undocumented immigrants staying at the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center in Artesia have contracted chicken pox.

He says they have been isolated while the remaining immigrants are vaccinated.

629 women and children are there right now. And there’s more than chicken pox going around. So far 89 immigrants have tested positive on the skin test for tuberculosis"

wtf?? One of my brothers has a ranch in Artesia. He worked at that training facility doing "train the trainer" work one of the times he tried to retire from the Marine Corps.
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: Illegal diseases crossing the border.....thanks Obama...   Illegal diseases crossing the border.....thanks Obama... EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 11:45 pm

One of my friends son is going to Auburn but before they would admit him he had to have a TB test. I hadn't heard of that in a long while and then it was for restaurant workers...We all may be affected by this plague of refuges soon enough...how many Americans by birth want to see their husbands, wives or children suffer and die of one of these diseases ?
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Illegal diseases crossing the border.....thanks Obama...   Illegal diseases crossing the border.....thanks Obama... EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 11:54 pm

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
One of my friends son is going to Auburn but before they would admit him he had to have a TB test. I hadn't heard of that in a long while and then it was for restaurant workers...We all may be affected by this plague of refuges soon enough...how many Americans by birth want to see their husbands, wives or children suffer and die of one of these diseases ?

When I was in university I worked a lot with kids. Every time I got a new job working with kids I had to get a TB test. Seems like I also had to get a test before I could be enrolled in school there, but not when I went to UWF... or not that I recall, I kind of had a lot going on at the time.
Back to top Go down
stormwatch89

stormwatch89

PostSubject: Re: Illegal diseases crossing the border.....thanks Obama...   Illegal diseases crossing the border.....thanks Obama... EmptyFri Aug 01, 2014 7:50 am

Storm I agree with you......WTH!!!![/quote]

Joani, there are 2 basic reasons for not lieing:

1. Can't remember what you said.
2. Videos.

I'm just not smart enough to lie! Guess our politicians forgot about #2.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Illegal diseases crossing the border.....thanks Obama...   Illegal diseases crossing the border.....thanks Obama... EmptyFri Aug 01, 2014 9:53 am

Testing positive on the skin test doesn't mean the patient has TB. My wife gets TB tests regularly as required (by insurance, doctor, or employer, I dunno), and she tells them beforehand that the skin test will be positive, but further testing will prove she doesn't have the disease.

As if they didn't hear what she said, they do the skin test, confirm the results, and require follow-up tests that are more conclusive... duh!
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net

PostSubject: Re: Illegal diseases crossing the border.....thanks Obama...   Illegal diseases crossing the border.....thanks Obama... EmptyFri Aug 01, 2014 10:32 am

TEOTWAWKI wrote:

Once again, there have been only 3 confirmed cases of TB among the immigrant kids.
And UNICEF reports that those kids are more likely to have been immunized than kids who already live in Texas.
But don't let the facts interfere with this fear mongering thread, by all means continue.
It's getting lots of participation.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Illegal diseases crossing the border.....thanks Obama...   Illegal diseases crossing the border.....thanks Obama... EmptyFri Aug 01, 2014 5:53 pm

I wonder whats in common with the highest levels of TB in the map below?

Illegal diseases crossing the border.....thanks Obama... Tb-case_Rates2012
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Illegal diseases crossing the border.....thanks Obama...   Illegal diseases crossing the border.....thanks Obama... EmptyFri Aug 01, 2014 10:02 pm

They're all border states or on the periphery.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net

PostSubject: Re: Illegal diseases crossing the border.....thanks Obama...   Illegal diseases crossing the border.....thanks Obama... EmptySat Aug 02, 2014 4:18 pm

Eric wrote:
They're all border states or on the periphery.

I can't imagine a lot of TB coming down from Canada. Or into Alaska from Canada.
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Illegal diseases crossing the border.....thanks Obama...   Illegal diseases crossing the border.....thanks Obama... EmptySat Aug 02, 2014 8:53 pm

I don't know... most of the border that we share is the Yukon Territory. There is not much out there in the way of healthcare (hell, there is not much out there at all), and healthcare here costs >3X what it does in the Lower 48.
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: Illegal diseases crossing the border.....thanks Obama...   Illegal diseases crossing the border.....thanks Obama... EmptySat Aug 02, 2014 8:58 pm

I saw some of those Alaska trooper shows and I was shocked how many people are selling or using drugs up there. Guess if medical care cost 3 times what it is down here selling drugs might be the only way to afford care...or food for that matter...
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Illegal diseases crossing the border.....thanks Obama...   Illegal diseases crossing the border.....thanks Obama... EmptySat Aug 02, 2014 9:33 pm

I think that is mostly down in the Mat-Su Valley and Anchorage... not so much up here, but yeah, people do desperate things for money. As a rule, the farther away from Anchorage/Mat-Su Valley you get, the more expensive healthcare (and everything else) gets. For example, a gallon of milk is $8.79 up on the North Slope.
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Illegal diseases crossing the border.....thanks Obama...   Illegal diseases crossing the border.....thanks Obama... EmptySat Aug 02, 2014 9:44 pm

There is what is billed as a poor folk clinic in Fairbanks and it costs a minimum of $60 a visit on the bottom of the sliding scale (if you make nothing up to $1300/month), and that is just for a visit. It goes up (way up) from there. If you have to have labs or anything done, they charge you additional. It is a cash operation and they do not accept payment plans. I had a pretty major issue and went there once. At intake they jacked up the price of the visit with labs, etc. and told me I could not be seen without paying $221 up front. I told her that with the job I had at the time, I would never have $221. Sorry, Charlie. No appointment. Billing would not work with me, nothing. I started calling it the rich people clinic after that.
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: Illegal diseases crossing the border.....thanks Obama...   Illegal diseases crossing the border.....thanks Obama... EmptySat Aug 02, 2014 10:00 pm

riceme wrote:
There is what is billed as a poor folk clinic in Fairbanks and it costs a minimum of $60 a visit on the bottom of the sliding scale (if you make nothing up to $1300/month), and that is just for a visit. It goes up (way up) from there. If you have to have labs or anything done, they charge you additional. It is a cash operation and they do not accept payment plans. I had a pretty major issue and went there once. At intake they jacked up the price of the visit with labs, etc. and told me I could not be seen without paying $221 up front. I told her that with the job I had at the time, I would never have $221. Sorry, Charlie. No appointment. Billing would not work with me, nothing. I started calling it the rich people clinic after that.

Dang, I guess those doctors and nurses got to make a living but what happened to the nobleness of the profession. When did it become just a job ?

Hippocratic Oath

I swear by Apollo, the healer, Asclepius, Hygieia, and Panacea, and I take to witness all the gods, all the goddesses, to keep according to my ability and my judgment, the following Oath and agreement:

To consider dear to me, as my parents, him who taught me this art; to live in common with him and, if necessary, to share my goods with him; To look upon his children as my own brothers, to teach them this art; and that by my teaching, I will impart a knowledge of this art to my own sons, and to my teacher's sons, and to disciples bound by an indenture and oath according to the medical laws, and no others.

I will prescribe regimens for the good of my patients according to my ability and my judgment and never do harm to anyone.

I will give no deadly medicine to any one if asked, nor suggest any such counsel; and similarly I will not give a woman a pessary to cause an abortion.

But I will preserve the purity of my life and my arts.

I will not cut for stone, even for patients in whom the disease is manifest; I will leave this operation to be performed by practitioners, specialists in this art.

In every house where I come I will enter only for the good of my patients, keeping myself far from all intentional ill-doing and all seduction and especially from the pleasures of love with women or men, be they free or slaves.

All that may come to my knowledge in the exercise of my profession or in daily commerce with men, which ought not to be spread abroad, I will keep secret and will never reveal.
If I keep this oath faithfully, may I enjoy my life and practice my art, respected by all humanity and in all times; but if I swerve from it or violate it, may the reverse be my life.[
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Illegal diseases crossing the border.....thanks Obama...   Illegal diseases crossing the border.....thanks Obama... EmptySat Aug 02, 2014 10:09 pm

Part of the problem is that they can't get medical professionals (doctors, in particular) to move up here, so they have to pay them much more than in the Lower 48. Seems like we should be on the Doctors Without Borders plan, lol.
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: Illegal diseases crossing the border.....thanks Obama...   Illegal diseases crossing the border.....thanks Obama... EmptySat Aug 02, 2014 10:17 pm

I bet if people there were to eat local game and drink glacier water they would not need a doctor except for broken bones...It must be a rugged place to live but I am sure folks up there are tougher and healthier as long as they don't do drugs.

Hang in there Riceme you are probably safer in the goldfields than in a hospital.

Medical care is 3rd leading cause of death in U.S.

The most shocking revelation of her report is that iatrogentic damage (defined as a state of ill health or adverse effect resulting from medical treatment) is the third leading cause of death in the U.S., after heart disease and cancer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Illegal diseases crossing the border.....thanks Obama...   Illegal diseases crossing the border.....thanks Obama... Empty

Back to top Go down

Illegal diseases crossing the border.....thanks Obama...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next