Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Were You Saying Cheese?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
SheSurfs

SheSurfs

Were You Saying Cheese? Empty
PostSubject: Were You Saying Cheese?   Were You Saying Cheese? EmptySun Jul 20, 2014 10:47 pm

45 years ago this picture, which I expect will stand the test of time as being one of the most important ever, was taken. I was thinking that it's an honor to have been on the planet when this was photographed.

What were doing when this was photographed?

Were You Saying Cheese? T5QPSW8
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: Were You Saying Cheese?   Were You Saying Cheese? EmptySun Jul 20, 2014 10:51 pm

I was wondering how film worked in full sun at 225 deg F. Think boiling water..and that would last for 13 days.... and how they framed the picture with no view finder.....Also how they set the speed and f-stop for the proper exposure without an exposure meter...
Back to top Go down
SheSurfs

SheSurfs

PostSubject: Re: Were You Saying Cheese?   Were You Saying Cheese? EmptyMon Jul 21, 2014 12:30 pm

Gee, Teo what you missed and what I blew is that this is from Apollo 8 and not 11. It was taken from the spacecraft not from the moon's surface.

As for the temps, it's easy physics. You do realize that if the temp of the moon's surface was 225, that has nothing to do with the temps on or in the camera housing since there is no atmosphere? Instead, much shorter wave electromagnetic radiation would have been an issue for a camera and film exposed for a great deal of time, and both were designed/modified accordingly.

Respond, but with all due respect, the moon landing conspiracy hoax is so tired and boring that I am not going to write about it further.. The whole idea is to think back to the time in which this picture was taken and to how neat it was to have been on the blue marble when this was photographed (or in your mind painted colored, rendered…).

Why did you come to the party and wreck my cake?  Razz 
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: Were You Saying Cheese?   Were You Saying Cheese? EmptyMon Jul 21, 2014 1:12 pm

Yeah I know it's hard to believe Kubrick staged and filmed the whole thing...but it's okay I really don't lose sleep over all the lies our government tells us...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Were You Saying Cheese?   Were You Saying Cheese? Empty

Back to top Go down

Were You Saying Cheese?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Everyday Pensacola :: General-
Jump to: