Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

I'd vote for Sarah Palin for President or VP

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
koolkat

PostSubject: Re: I'd vote for Sarah Palin for President or VP   Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:13 pm

Well, that would explain it now,wouldn't it? So much for the foreign scholarships and other crap.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I'd vote for Sarah Palin for President or VP   Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:48 pm

well I guess we have proven a degree does not make you a leader. because obama is a crappy assed leader.

Now back to Sarah Smile

When a hockey mom named Sarah Palin ran for governor as a Republican outsider in 2006, she took on not only a sitting governor from her own party but also Alaska's Republican establishment -- vowing to clean up a political system that had been rocked by an Federal Bureau of Investigation corruption probe.

After handily winning, her popularity in Alaska soared as she went on to sack political appointees with close ties to industry lobbyists and shelved pork projects. Gov. Palin has shown similar fearlessness in going after Big Oil, whose money has long dominated the state. She appears, for example, to have forced Alaska's dominant oil producers, ConocoPhillips cop -0.27% and BP bp -0.02% PLC, to finally get serious about a natural-gas pipeline -- without making any tax or royalty concessions

"Someone has to take a stand and change some things," Gov. Palin said in an interview in June in her office in downtown Anchorage, which is adorned with Alaskan knick-knacks including the skin of a brown bear killed by her father.

In 2006, when she was running to unseat then-Gov. Frank Murkowski in the Republican primary, Gov. Palin says she got a call from Ben Stevens, then president of the Republican-run Alaska Senate and son of U.S. Sen. Ted Stevens, the powerful Alaska Republican. "He told me, 'You're not just running against Murkowski. You're running against me, my dad, the whole state Republican party,'" Gov. Palin says.

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB122002615833483595

a old ad.

You'd think the left would be happy that a republican wants to stop corruption, even in their own party. But I guess that's what scares them so much about her. That and to them the only good republican is a democrat acting like a republican, you know, like most of the ones we have in the white house now.
Back to top Go down
Eric

PostSubject: Re: I'd vote for Sarah Palin for President or VP   Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:53 pm

*~Tree~* wrote:
well I guess we have proven a degree does not make you a leader. because obama is a crappy assed leader.

Now back to Sarah Smile

When a hockey mom named Sarah Palin ran for governor as a Republican outsider in 2006, she took on not only a sitting governor from her own party but also Alaska's Republican establishment -- vowing to clean up a political system that had been rocked by an Federal Bureau of Investigation corruption probe.

After handily winning, her popularity in Alaska soared as she went on to sack political appointees with close ties to industry lobbyists and shelved pork projects. Gov. Palin has shown similar fearlessness in going after Big Oil, whose money has long dominated the state. She appears, for example, to have forced Alaska's dominant oil producers,  ConocoPhillips  cop -0.27%     and  BP  bp -0.02%     PLC, to finally get serious about a natural-gas pipeline -- without making any tax or royalty concessions

"Someone has to take a stand and change some things," Gov. Palin said in an interview in June in her office in downtown Anchorage, which is adorned with Alaskan knick-knacks including the skin of a brown bear killed by her father.

In 2006, when she was running to unseat then-Gov. Frank Murkowski in the Republican primary, Gov. Palin says she got a call from Ben Stevens, then president of the Republican-run Alaska Senate and son of U.S. Sen. Ted Stevens, the powerful Alaska Republican. "He told me, 'You're not just running against Murkowski. You're running against me, my dad, the whole state Republican party,'" Gov. Palin says.

a old ad.

You'd think the left would be happy that a republican wants to stop corruption, even in their own party. But I guess that's what scares them so much about her. That and to them the only good republican is a democrat acting like a republican, you know, like most of the ones we have in the white house now.

Maybe it is symantics but Wikipedia says regarding the oil pipeline project:
Quote :
In August 2008, Palin signed a bill authorizing the State of Alaska to award TransCanada Pipelines — the sole bidder to meet the state's requirements — a license to build and operate a pipeline to transport natural gas from the Alaska North Slope to the continental United States through Canada.[116] The governor also pledged $500 million in seed money to support the project.[117] It is estimated that the project will cost $26 billion

koolkat

PostSubject: Re: I'd vote for Sarah Palin for President or VP   Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:21 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tS2cXwFV98

I'm scared of every crazy person.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I'd vote for Sarah Palin for President or VP   Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:35 pm

Eric wrote:
*~Tree~* wrote:

Now back to Sarah Smile

After handily winning, her popularity in Alaska soared as she went on to sack political appointees with close ties to industry lobbyists and shelved pork projects. Gov. Palin has shown similar fearlessness in going after Big Oil, whose money has long dominated the state. She appears, for example, to have forced Alaska's dominant oil producers,  ConocoPhillips  cop -0.27%     and  BP  bp -0.02%     PLC, to finally get serious about a natural-gas pipeline -- without making any tax or royalty concessions

a old ad.

Quote :
In August 2008, Palin signed a bill authorizing the State of Alaska to award TransCanada Pipelines — the sole bidder to meet the state's requirements — a license to build and operate a pipeline to transport natural gas from the Alaska North Slope to the continental United States through Canada.[116] The governor also pledged $500 million in seed money to support the project.[117] It is estimated that the project will cost $26 billion

yea, it does say that on down in the article that I originally quoted from. > In a snub to the oil majors, she has proposed TransCanada Corp., a Calgary-based energy company, be given the primary contract to lead the $30 billion job along with $500 million in matching grants. She just signed a bill the legislature passed allowing that to happen

Honestly, Im not sure of the significance or difference. Just being honest.

Maybe it means she didn't cave to them and went outside and shocked them by giving the bid to someone else?

either way, the womans no dummy and she plays hard ball.

Back to top Go down
Joanimaroni

PostSubject: Re: I'd vote for Sarah Palin for President or VP   Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:36 pm

Eric wrote:
According to ABC, Obama's loans were paid off in 2004.

Obama released seven years of tax returns on March 25 of 2009. The returns, dating back to 2000, indicate that the couple paid no interest on their student loans. The interest from such loans would have been deductible on their joint income tax returns. For 2000 through 2004, taxpayers declared student loan interest as a deduction on line 24 of federal form 1040. After 2004, the deduction can be taken on Line 33. But the Obamas never declared a dime of interest in student loans on their return.
Back to top Go down
riceme

PostSubject: Re: I'd vote for Sarah Palin for President or VP   Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:59 pm

Eric wrote:
*~Tree~* wrote:

Now back to Sarah Smile

a old ad.

Quote :

Right. And the net change for all her talk about playing hardball with Oil & Gas is ZERO. We still don't have a natural gas pipeline.
Back to top Go down
riceme

PostSubject: Re: I'd vote for Sarah Palin for President or VP   Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:04 pm

*~Tree~* wrote:
Eric wrote:
*~Tree~* wrote:

Now back to Sarah Smile

a old ad.

Quote :

yea, it does say that on down in the article that I originally quoted from. > In a snub to the oil majors, she has proposed TransCanada Corp., a Calgary-based energy company, be given the primary contract to lead the $30 billion job along with $500 million in matching grants. She just signed a bill the legislature passed allowing that to happen

Honestly, Im not sure of the significance or difference. Just being honest.

Maybe it means she didn't cave to them and went outside and shocked them by giving the bid to someone else?

either way, the womans no dummy and she plays hard ball.

In Alaska, doing business with Canada is largely preferred to doing business with anyone from the Lower 48. They are our neighbors and we share many common experiences.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I'd vote for Sarah Palin for President or VP   Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:13 pm

They have the funds but can't get federal aproval from what I see riceme

org/wiki/Alaska_Gas_Pipeline

Back to top Go down
riceme

PostSubject: Re: I'd vote for Sarah Palin for President or VP   Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:36 pm

*~Tree~* wrote:

Thanks Chrissy, but trust me I have read until my eyeballs bleed about the damn natural gas pipeline. It is a very sore subject with me and I would imagine every other Alaskan because of how much we pay for heating fuel. It is extremely expensive and because of how cold it gets here, winter can easily and literally put a person out on the streets, which then becomes its own problem when it's -40F out.

Back to top Go down
koolkat

PostSubject: Re: I'd vote for Sarah Palin for President or VP   Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:47 pm

Back to top Go down
koolkat

PostSubject: Re: I'd vote for Sarah Palin for President or VP   Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:53 am

Joanimaroni wrote:
The interest paid on school loans is listed on income tax....it was never listed on Obama's tax returns. The loan, if he had one would have been over $75,000.

There has never been a record posted regarding Obama's school loans.  Part of the sealed records, I suppose.

It was never listed on Obama's tax return because he couldn't deduct it. His income was too high... so shot down again. LOL!
Back to top Go down
koolkat

PostSubject: Re: I'd vote for Sarah Palin for President or VP   Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:56 am

Joanimaroni wrote:
Eric wrote:
According to ABC, Obama's loans were paid off in 2004.

Obama released seven years of tax returns on March 25 of 2009.  The returns, dating back to 2000, indicate that the couple paid no interest on their student loans. The interest from such loans would have been deductible on their joint income tax returns.  For 2000 through 2004, taxpayers declared student loan interest as a deduction on line 24 of federal form 1040. After 2004, the deduction can be taken on Line 33.  But the Obamas never declared a dime of interest in student loans on their return.

Again, no the interest is not deductible after you reach a certain income. Look it up. What are you trying to prove anyway?
Back to top Go down
riceme

PostSubject: Re: I'd vote for Sarah Palin for President or VP   Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:09 am

*~Tree~* wrote:

From today's paper:

http://www.newsminer.com/business/companies-file-export-application-for-alaska-lng/article_a551396c-1112-11e4-8058-001a4bcf6878.html
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I'd vote for Sarah Palin for President or VP   Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:08 am

riceme wrote:
*~Tree~* wrote:

From today's paper:

http://www.newsminer.com/business/companies-file-export-application-for-alaska-lng/article_a551396c-1112-11e4-8058-001a4bcf6878.html

at least they are persistent. I wish them the best of luck. I read the entirety of the wiki article this morning, I was up too late already last night to.

I smell a little political stench in this. That the good ole boys and the stinky assed left probably purposely held that pipeline up so as to not allow palin any credit. because that was a significant achievement for her at one time.

I say that because this idea was just RECENTLY dumped, and now this.

From the wiki

Alaska Gasline Inducement Act[edit]

On July 3, 2007, the Governor of Alaska Sarah Palin announced that the State of Alaska was ready to receive applications to build a pipeline within the framework of the Alaska Gasline Inducement Act (AGIA).[7] On January 4, 2008, a proposal by TransCanada was selected. Four other proposals were submitted: By Sinopec, AEnergia, the AGPA, which proposed a liquefied natural gas project, and the Alaska Natural Gas Development Authority.

On January 5, 2008, Palin announced that the Canadian company TransCanada Corp., was the sole AGIA-compliant applicant.[8][9] On August 27, 2008, Palin signed a bill into law giving the state of Alaska authority to award TransCanada Corp. 500 million dollars in seed money and a license to build and operate the $26-billion pipeline to transport natural gas from the North Slope to the Lower 48, through Canada.[10][11]

The license is not a construction contract, and federal energy regulators must approve the project before it can go forward.[12]

On December 5, 2008, the AGIA license, jointly awarded to Foothills Pipe Lines Ltd. and TransCanada Alaska, LLC, was signed in Fairbanks.[13]

The pipeline proposed by TransCanada would run 1,715 miles (2,760 km) from the North Slope to Calgary in Alberta. It is expected to cost US$26 billion and to be operational by 2018.[1]

In 2014, the agreement between Alaska and Transcanada was cancelled in the light of substantially lower prices for natural gas and increased use of extraction technology that has markedly boosted supply, making the pipeline arrangement uneconomic.[14]
Back to top Go down
nochain

PostSubject: Re: I'd vote for Sarah Palin for President or VP   Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:34 am

Reading this thread is kind of like watching a pro level Chinese ping pong match, from Palin to Oblamer student loans to gas pipelines!

I love a parade

Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: I'd vote for Sarah Palin for President or VP   Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:41 am

nochain wrote:
Reading this thread is kind of like watching a pro level Chinese ping pong match, from Palin to Oblamer student loans to gas pipelines!

I love a parade

lol! lol! lol!  Guess it was established early on that some do..some don't like Gov Palin....
Back to top Go down
Joanimaroni

PostSubject: Re: I'd vote for Sarah Palin for President or VP   Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:18 am

No discussions!
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: I'd vote for Sarah Palin for President or VP   Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:24 am

Joanimaroni wrote:

No discussions!

If half of what was said about Hillary and her family as was about Palin there would have been FAR more outrage especially from women's groups... A politician is fair game but families [Sarah's son] went WAY over the line ...The attacks came from those that accuse republicans of having a 'war on women'...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I'd vote for Sarah Palin for President or VP   Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:01 pm

mediawatcher wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:

No discussions!

If half of what was said about Hillary and her family as was about Palin there would have been FAR more outrage especially from women's groups... A politician is fair game but families [Sarah's son] went WAY over the line ...The attacks came from those that accuse republicans of having a 'war on women'...

The left likes to "project".

Its really them who have a war on women. The idea of a strong woman doesn't fit their sheep criteria.
Back to top Go down
Joanimaroni

PostSubject: Re: I'd vote for Sarah Palin for President or VP   Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:22 pm

It was relentless criticism of Palin and horribly cruel what was said about her family. You are right some get very upset when Obama is criticized for his politics....if you say anything you are a racist.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I'd vote for Sarah Palin for President or VP   Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:44 pm

Joanimaroni wrote:
It was relentless criticism of Palin and horribly cruel what was said about her family.  You are right some get very upset when Obama is criticized for his politics....if you say anything you are a racist.

I know. and when they run Elizabeth warren we will be racist too because she is indian LOL

They always find superficial blame, because they cant believe it could ever be their idealology or policy.
Back to top Go down
Eric

PostSubject: Re: I'd vote for Sarah Palin for President or VP   Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:25 pm

Elizabeth Warren said: "No means no."

PostSubject: Re: I'd vote for Sarah Palin for President or VP   Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:32 pm

Eric wrote:
Elizabeth Warren said:  "No means no."

She may take that no back. I hear she is a indian giver.
Back to top Go down
Eric

PostSubject: Re: I'd vote for Sarah Palin for President or VP   Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:48 pm

I hear ya... and comprende.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'd vote for Sarah Palin for President or VP   

Back to top Go down

I'd vote for Sarah Palin for President or VP
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Everyday Pensacola :: Politics-
Jump to: