Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 I'd vote for Sarah Palin for President or VP

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: I'd vote for Sarah Palin for President or VP   Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:21 am

I wouldn't vote for Sarah Palin because I want somebody smarter than I am to be the most powerful person on the planet.

That's the most simple answer I can give.

She is not a a very intelligent person and she cannot deal with complex issues without a lot of coaching. She's good at spouting talking points if she's memorized them well enough.
She has been a governor for less than one term, so she's also not qualified.

And she can't talk to the media without consulting the notes she's written on her hand.


I think that's enough right there.

As for Reagan he was not one of our best presidents even though I voted for him. He wasn't known for his superior intellect. Both Carter and Obama have been known for their intelligence but I don't think either of them has been a great president either.
That doesn't mean that if someone has proven their stupidity on multiple occasions as Ms Palin has that it is reason to elect her. There are something like 300 million people in this country. I'm absolutely positive we can find someone better out there. She's had her testing and most people believe she simply does not have what it takes.


Last edited by Otter on Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
nochain

avatar

Posts : 2888
Join date : 2013-04-24

PostSubject: Re: I'd vote for Sarah Palin for President or VP   Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:30 am

Otter wrote:
I wouldn't vote for Sarah Palin because I want somebody smarter than I am to be the most powerful person on the planet.

That's the most simple answer I can give.

She is not a a very intelligent person and she cannot deal with complex issues without a lot of coaching. She's good at spouting talking points if she's memorized them well enough.
She has been a governor for less than one term, so she's also not qualified.

And she can't talk to the media without consulting the notes she's written on her hand.


I think that's enough right there.

Sounds almost like Oblamer. Sticks his foot in his mouth without a teleprompter, less than one term State Senator with no results while there, been told for years about problems with the VA and border crisis but couldn't decide what to do (so he did nothing), the middle east is in meltdown and he is clueless, his entire foreign "policy" is a disaster, I think that's enough.

Yep, he is as unqualified (and still is) for the office as Palin. Who I wouldn't vote for either.....
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: I'd vote for Sarah Palin for President or VP   Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:34 am

nochain wrote:
Otter wrote:
I wouldn't vote for Sarah Palin because I want somebody smarter than I am to be the most powerful person on the planet.

That's the most simple answer I can give.

She is not a a very intelligent person and she cannot deal with complex issues without a lot of coaching. She's good at spouting talking points if she's memorized them well enough.
She has been a governor for less than one term, so she's also not qualified.

And she can't talk to the media without consulting the notes she's written on her hand.


I think that's enough right there.

Sounds almost like Oblamer. Sticks his foot in his mouth without a teleprompter, less than one term State Senator with no results while there, been told for years about problems with the VA and border crisis but couldn't decide what to do (so he did nothing), the middle east is in meltdown and he is clueless, his entire foreign "policy" is a disaster, I think that's enough.

Yep, he is as unqualified (and still is) for the office as Palin. Who I wouldn't vote for either.....
\

Obama had been in Congress before he was elected President. I guess you forgot that. And to compare Obama's speeches with Sarah Palin's is a farce. She couldn't pronounce the words on the teleprompter that he reads.  But he has not been an effective president, I agree with you on that. That doesn't mean we need to start looking for a replacement in a dumpster somewhere.

Which is where Sarah Palin's career has landed, IMO.
Back to top Go down
nochain

avatar

Posts : 2888
Join date : 2013-04-24

PostSubject: Re: I'd vote for Sarah Palin for President or VP   Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:50 am

Otter wrote:
nochain wrote:
Otter wrote:
I wouldn't vote for Sarah Palin because I want somebody smarter than I am to be the most powerful person on the planet.

That's the most simple answer I can give.

She is not a a very intelligent person and she cannot deal with complex issues without a lot of coaching. She's good at spouting talking points if she's memorized them well enough.
She has been a governor for less than one term, so she's also not qualified.

And she can't talk to the media without consulting the notes she's written on her hand.


I think that's enough right there.

Sounds almost like Oblamer. Sticks his foot in his mouth without a teleprompter, less than one term State Senator with no results while there, been told for years about problems with the VA and border crisis but couldn't decide what to do (so he did nothing), the middle east is in meltdown and he is clueless, his entire foreign "policy" is a disaster, I think that's enough.

Yep, he is as unqualified (and still is) for the office as Palin. Who I wouldn't vote for either.....
\

Obama had been in Congress before he was elected President. I guess you forgot that. And to compare Obama's speeches with Sarah Palin's is a farce. She couldn't pronounce the words on the teleprompter that he reads.  But he has not been an effective president, I agree with you on that. That doesn't mean we need to start looking for a replacement in a dumpster somewhere.

Which is where Sarah Palin's career has landed, IMO.

I should have just said "Senator". OK.

Palins "career" is quite similar to Hillary's - they try to stay in the spotlight to make money giving speeches, etc. Neither would be even a mediocre candidate for President. Palin would actually be a disaster since the liberal media would again drag her family through the mud. Who wants to read about that mess again?

I kind of like Sen. Joe Manchin III (D-W. Va.). He works behind the scenes to garner bipartisan cooperation but is squashed like a bug by Senate leadership.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: I'd vote for Sarah Palin for President or VP   Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:59 am

Oh dear God.
I can't even figure out how to discuss this logically when you say Palin's career is similar to Hillary's. It's just a little bit different having been
a US Senator and a Secretary of State and being a half term Governor.

When you say something like that I realize that even discussing it with you is useless.
I won't bother.
Back to top Go down
PkrBum

avatar

Posts : 1017
Join date : 2013-02-14
Location : 45th Parallel

PostSubject: Re: I'd vote for Sarah Palin for President or VP   Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:05 pm

I'll admit that Hillary is much more qualified than Obama was...

as a matter of fact Palin is too.
Back to top Go down
nochain

avatar

Posts : 2888
Join date : 2013-04-24

PostSubject: Re: I'd vote for Sarah Palin for President or VP   Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:08 pm

Otter wrote:
Oh dear God.
I can't even figure out how to discuss this logically when you say Palin's career is similar to Hillary's. It's just a little bit different having been
a US Senator and a Secretary of State and being a half term Governor.

When you say something like that I realize that even discussing it with you is useless.
I won't bother.

POST POLITICAL CAREER? Get it now?????

I keep forgetting things need to spelled out completely. Sometimes. LOL
Back to top Go down
nochain

avatar

Posts : 2888
Join date : 2013-04-24

PostSubject: Re: I'd vote for Sarah Palin for President or VP   Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:43 pm

HRC as SecState, not so great....

"State Department spokeswoman Jen Psaki raised some eyebrows this week, when she was unable to name a single tangible accomplishment of the first audit of the department, which was a major project initiated under the leadership of former Secretary Hillary Clinton. “I am certain that those who were here at the time, who worked hard on that effort, could point out one,” Psaki said in response to a question from Associated Press reporter Matt Lee."

Back to top Go down
Eric

avatar

Posts : 9735
Join date : 2012-07-30
Age : 66
Location : Hoover, AL & Pensacola when I'm lucky

PostSubject: Re: I'd vote for Sarah Palin for President or VP   Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:14 pm

Has anybody seen the movie Dave? I have seen it twice and I liked it. It was about a presidential look-alike that was pressed into service as the president of the US when the real president was comatose. The chief-of-staff thought he could control Dave, but Dave did an end-around on the scumbag and did good things with the budget to the staffer's chagrin.

I brought up Dave because he wasn't a political insider and owed no favors. Perhaps a savvy political insider is someone we should avoid.


I just read the Wiki about Palin and found some likable things about the way she handled things as a 2-term mayor of Wasilla. The only thing I really disagree about the mayor job is that the city had more long-term debt at the end of her term.

Of course, as Governor of Alaska, the main black mark is with her staffers trying to get her former brother-in-law, a state trouper, fired. She managed to squeak past that, but not after much controversy.

The Wikipedia article could have been written by her campaign staff, as it was complimentary for the most part.

Provided the Wiki is accurate, she is no dummy.

_________________
Ideas are funny little things, they won't work unless you do.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: I'd vote for Sarah Palin for President or VP   Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:22 pm

She's not a dummy. She's been painted in a bad light and attacked worse than any political figure I've ever seen.

Shes passionate about the country and has proven she is willing to stop corruption

Ill agree she has had to work on public speaking when being asked controversial questions but I don't think that defines her

It wasn't her that made McCain loose other way around. People were passionate about her

Shes inspiring to me
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: I'd vote for Sarah Palin for President or VP   Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:24 pm

nochain wrote:
Otter wrote:
Oh dear God.
I can't even figure out how to discuss this logically when you say Palin's career is similar to Hillary's. It's just a little bit different having been
a US Senator and a Secretary of State and being a half term Governor.

When you say something like that I realize that even discussing it with you is useless.
I won't bother.

POST POLITICAL CAREER? Get it now?????

I keep forgetting things need to spelled out completely. Sometimes. LOL

Post political career, possibly, but Hillary has been in the spotlight because the news media has kept her there. The assumption that she's going to run for POTUS is huge.  I'd prefer Elizabeth Warren any day over Hillary, but Liz isn't going to be nominated, Hillary is. The news media is far more responsible for who wins in the primaries than anyone else. Sarah Palin has fought to keep herself in the limelight. The news media has seemingly tried to forget about her.  I can't see it as the same thing, but there may be some similarities.
Back to top Go down
nochain

avatar

Posts : 2888
Join date : 2013-04-24

PostSubject: Re: I'd vote for Sarah Palin for President or VP   Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:51 pm

Otter wrote:
nochain wrote:
Otter wrote:
Oh dear God.
I can't even figure out how to discuss this logically when you say Palin's career is similar to Hillary's. It's just a little bit different having been
a US Senator and a Secretary of State and being a half term Governor.

When you say something like that I realize that even discussing it with you is useless.
I won't bother.

POST POLITICAL CAREER? Get it now?????

I keep forgetting things need to spelled out completely. Sometimes. LOL

Post political career, possibly, but Hillary has been in the spotlight because the news media has kept her there. The assumption that she's going to run for POTUS is huge.  I'd prefer Elizabeth Warren any day over Hillary, but Liz isn't going to be nominated, Hillary is. The news media is far more responsible for who wins in the primaries than anyone else. Sarah Palin has fought to keep herself in the limelight.  The news media has seemingly tried to forget about her.  I can't see it as the same thing, but there may be some similarities.

Warren has already stated she intends to finish her term and is not considering a run but politicians have been known to change their minds before.
Back to top Go down
koolkat



Posts : 130
Join date : 2014-06-19

PostSubject: Re: I'd vote for Sarah Palin for President or VP   Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:40 pm

riceme wrote:
koolkat wrote:
riceme wrote:
koolkat wrote:
riceme wrote:
koolkat wrote:
Graduating from Harvard Magna cum Laude and Editor of the Law Review is hardly a nitwit. Why would anybody need to see his college records? Palin can't hold a candle to Hillary. She's the biggest reason McCain lost.

Some of the smartest people I know are stupid. Likewise, some of the least formally educated people I know are the brightest, smartest people I know. Case in point: one of my sisters has a genius IQ, but she is an idiot... has no common sense. You get what I'm saying here, right? No? Just because someone has an expensive piece of paper from an elitist institution does not make them particularly clever or smart. By the same token, just because someone does not have a fancy college education does not make them stupid. The notion is offensive and elitist.

I think Obama is a dipshit. I also think Sarah Palin is. My opinion of the two have nothing to do with each other, their political affiliations, nor with their college educations. It's about their decisions and performances in the real world.

I don't see where it was inferred if you don't have a "fancy college education" you are stupid? Sounds like that is a sensitive area for you. Do you have a college education?

You inferred it yourself with your statement above. If you cannot follow the argument, then maybe you need to enroll yourself in a reading comprehension course.

I do have a college education. Why does it matter to you? I have a bachelor's degree in interdisciplinary studies and two minors: one in mathematics and one in geology. I am sensitive about this issue because during my life I have known a lot of incredibly intelligent people who were discriminated against by elitist assholes who thought they were smarter and better than others because they had an expensive piece of paper to hang on the wall.

No I didn't infer that at all. There is no need to get snarky because you had some friends who were discriminated against. Why go off on a tangent that is not even part of the argument? If you believe they give out JD's of Law at Harvard to dummies then we have nothing further to discuss. I know what I'm dealing w/ now.

You DID infer. And judging by your latest responses, including this one, you are most certainly not following this argument. At all.

Show me where I inferred you were stupid if you didn't have a fancy college degree? Then tell me what the argument is about because you have taken it out of context to what was said.
Back to top Go down
koolkat



Posts : 130
Join date : 2014-06-19

PostSubject: Re: I'd vote for Sarah Palin for President or VP   Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:56 pm

Joanimaroni wrote:
How did Obama pay for his education? We know he and Michelle both are quoted as saying in speeches, during his presidency, that they had just paid off their student loans.  Of course no one can find where the loans or interest on the loans were disclosed,  as required by a politician's financial reports. No interest was ever recorded and Harvard must have permission to disclose the information.....Obama refused to authorize the disclosure of information.

It makes you wonder and seems quite suspicious that he and Michelle touted about student loans but yet surround it with secrecy.


http://www.wnd.com/2012/09/saudi-billionaire-did-help-obama-into-harvard/

Where do you get this must be disclosed on a financial report? I don't think any politician is required to disclose any bills they pay. Why do people think they're entitled to know that? Furthermore, the article is false.
Back to top Go down
Joanimaroni

avatar

Posts : 1156
Join date : 2012-07-31

PostSubject: Re: I'd vote for Sarah Palin for President or VP   Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:06 pm

Seriously?


Personal Finances
In some ways, lawmakers' finances look a lot like those of many Americans. They include diverse portfolios of stocks, bonds, mutual funds and real estate. They have bank accounts, credit cards and mortgages. The difference: Politicians generally have more money and - unlike most people they represent - they must make their investments public.


http://www.oge.gov/Financial-Disclosure/Financial-Disclosure/
Back to top Go down
Eric

avatar

Posts : 9735
Join date : 2012-07-30
Age : 66
Location : Hoover, AL & Pensacola when I'm lucky

PostSubject: Re: I'd vote for Sarah Palin for President or VP   Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:14 pm

It is common for presidential candidates to release their tax returns, but it isn't mandatory.  There was a stink about Romney in the last election because he wouldn't release certain years' results.  My suspicion was that he had income from Bain Capital during the time when he said he was no longer associated with Bain.  Rolling Stone Magazine published an article in August 2012 that had this title:

Quote :

Greed and Debt: The True Story of Mitt Romney and Bain Capital

How the GOP presidential candidate and his private equity firm staged an epic wealth grab, destroyed jobs – and stuck others with the bill

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/greed-and-debt-the-true-story-of-mitt-romney-and-bain-capital-20120829#ixzz388iQDXkW

EDIT: Well, I didn't think disclosures were mandatory.

_________________
Ideas are funny little things, they won't work unless you do.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
Eric

avatar

Posts : 9735
Join date : 2012-07-30
Age : 66
Location : Hoover, AL & Pensacola when I'm lucky

PostSubject: Re: I'd vote for Sarah Palin for President or VP   Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:21 pm

Damn, it is strange what you can learn in a forum. This was in that website that Joani linked.

(d) Candidates. A candidate (as defined in section 301 of the Federal Election Campaign Act of 1971, 2 U.S.C. 431) for nomination or election to the office of President or Vice President (other than an incumbent) shall file a public financial disclosure report containing the information prescribed in subpart C of this part, in accordance with the following:

(1) Within 30 days of becoming a candidate or on or before May 15 of the calendar year in which the individual becomes a candidate, whichever is later, but in no event later than 30 days before the election; and

(2) On or before May 15 of each successive year an individual continues to be a candidate. However, in any calendar year in which an individual continues to be a candidate but all elections relating to such candidacy were held in prior calendar years, the individual need not file a report unless he becomes a candidate for a vacancy during that year.

Example: P became a candidate for President in January 1991. P will be required to file a public financial disclosure report on or before May 15, 1991. If P had become a candidate on June 1, 1991, he would have been required to file a disclosure report within 30 days of that date.

_________________
Ideas are funny little things, they won't work unless you do.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
Eric

avatar

Posts : 9735
Join date : 2012-07-30
Age : 66
Location : Hoover, AL & Pensacola when I'm lucky

PostSubject: Re: I'd vote for Sarah Palin for President or VP   Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:23 pm

I remember the Dems releasing a bunch of years of Obama's tax returns and saying that Romney's father released 10 years worth of returns and "why won't he"?

_________________
Ideas are funny little things, they won't work unless you do.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
koolkat



Posts : 130
Join date : 2014-06-19

PostSubject: Re: I'd vote for Sarah Palin for President or VP   Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:27 pm

The financial disclosure form does not list what bills you pay. Obama's school loans would not be listed on it.
Back to top Go down
koolkat



Posts : 130
Join date : 2014-06-19

PostSubject: Re: I'd vote for Sarah Palin for President or VP   Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:29 pm

Joanimaroni wrote:
Seriously?


Personal Finances
In some ways, lawmakers' finances look a lot like those of many Americans. They include diverse portfolios of stocks, bonds, mutual funds and real estate. They have bank accounts, credit cards and mortgages. The difference: Politicians generally have more money and - unlike most people they represent - they must make their investments public.


http://www.oge.gov/Financial-Disclosure/Financial-Disclosure/

Yes, seriously. The disclosure form just discloses what your worth not what you pay in bills each month.
Back to top Go down
Joanimaroni

avatar

Posts : 1156
Join date : 2012-07-31

PostSubject: Re: I'd vote for Sarah Palin for President or VP   Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:57 pm

The interest paid on school loans is listed on income tax....it was never listed on Obama's tax returns. The loan, if he had one would have been over $75,000.

There has never been a record posted regarding Obama's school loans. Part of the sealed records, I suppose.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: I'd vote for Sarah Palin for President or VP   Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:09 pm

Joanimaroni wrote:
The interest paid on school loans is listed on income tax....it was never listed on Obama's tax returns. The loan, if he had one would have been over $75,000.

There has never been a record posted regarding Obama's school loans.  Part of the sealed records, I suppose.

He didn't want the USA to know the muslim brotherhood paid for his schooling. They probably took his test for him too while he was getting high in paki.
Back to top Go down
Eric

avatar

Posts : 9735
Join date : 2012-07-30
Age : 66
Location : Hoover, AL & Pensacola when I'm lucky

PostSubject: Re: I'd vote for Sarah Palin for President or VP   Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:45 pm

There you go. You heard it first here folks.

_________________
Ideas are funny little things, they won't work unless you do.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
koolkat



Posts : 130
Join date : 2014-06-19

PostSubject: Re: I'd vote for Sarah Palin for President or VP   Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:50 pm

Joanimaroni wrote:
The interest paid on school loans is listed on income tax....it was never listed on Obama's tax returns. The loan, if he had one would have been over $75,000.

There has never been a record posted regarding Obama's school loans.  Part of the sealed records, I suppose.

Has it ever occurred to you the loans were paid off before he became President?
Back to top Go down
Eric

avatar

Posts : 9735
Join date : 2012-07-30
Age : 66
Location : Hoover, AL & Pensacola when I'm lucky

PostSubject: Re: I'd vote for Sarah Palin for President or VP   Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:55 pm

According to ABC, Obama's loans were paid off in 2004.

_________________
Ideas are funny little things, they won't work unless you do.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: I'd vote for Sarah Palin for President or VP   

Back to top Go down
 
I'd vote for Sarah Palin for President or VP
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Everyday Pensacola :: Politics-
Jump to: