Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 I'd vote for Sarah Palin for President or VP

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
mediawatcher

avatar

Posts : 3139
Join date : 2013-08-07

PostSubject: Re: I'd vote for Sarah Palin for President or VP   Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:05 am

koolkat wrote:
What a bunch of crap! McCain and Palin both fired back. McCain picked an idiot for a running mate who would have been President if his old butt died.People were not that crazy. She blew any chances he had of winning.

And yes, look where we are now. Out of a depression and healthcare for the poor. Yay! Great work!
 
      Why so confrontational and insulting?......Didn't Eric say something about that?...Or does that only fly when you want to apply it towards someone else?..... lol! lol! lol! 
Back to top Go down
koolkat



Posts : 130
Join date : 2014-06-19

PostSubject: Re: I'd vote for Sarah Palin for President or VP   Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:18 am

Saying it is a bunch of crap is an opinion of which I'm allowed to give. Just because you don't like them doesn't make it insulting.
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

avatar

Posts : 3139
Join date : 2013-08-07

PostSubject: Re: I'd vote for Sarah Palin for President or VP   Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:33 am

koolkat wrote:
Saying it is a bunch of crap is an opinion of which I'm allowed to give. Just because you don't like them doesn't make it insulting.

You did happen to notice the LOL's after didn't you...guess not. Little fun on your attempting to do the same thing on another post....
Back to top Go down
koolkat



Posts : 130
Join date : 2014-06-19

PostSubject: Re: I'd vote for Sarah Palin for President or VP   Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:36 am

riceme wrote:
koolkat wrote:
riceme wrote:
koolkat wrote:
Graduating from Harvard Magna cum Laude and Editor of the Law Review is hardly a nitwit. Why would anybody need to see his college records? Palin can't hold a candle to Hillary. She's the biggest reason McCain lost.

Some of the smartest people I know are stupid. Likewise, some of the least formally educated people I know are the brightest, smartest people I know. Case in point: one of my sisters has a genius IQ, but she is an idiot... has no common sense. You get what I'm saying here, right? No? Just because someone has an expensive piece of paper from an elitist institution does not make them particularly clever or smart. By the same token, just because someone does not have a fancy college education does not make them stupid. The notion is offensive and elitist.

I think Obama is a dipshit. I also think Sarah Palin is. My opinion of the two have nothing to do with each other, their political affiliations, nor with their college educations. It's about their decisions and performances in the real world.

I don't see where it was inferred if you don't have a "fancy college education" you are stupid? Sounds like that is a sensitive area for you. Do you have a college education?

You inferred it yourself with your statement above. If you cannot follow the argument, then maybe you need to enroll yourself in a reading comprehension course.

I do have a college education. Why does it matter to you? I have a bachelor's degree in interdisciplinary studies and two minors: one in mathematics and one in geology. I am sensitive about this issue because during my life I have known a lot of incredibly intelligent people who were discriminated against by elitist assholes who thought they were smarter and better than others because they had an expensive piece of paper to hang on the wall.

No I didn't infer that at all. There is no need to get snarky because you had some friends who were discriminated against. Why go off on a tangent that is not even part of the argument? If you believe they give out JD's of Law at Harvard to dummies then we have nothing further to discuss. I know what I'm dealing w/ now.
Back to top Go down
nochain

avatar

Posts : 2888
Join date : 2013-04-24

PostSubject: Re: I'd vote for Sarah Palin for President or VP   Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:38 am

koolkat wrote:
I'm not having trouble at all. You comparing your genius-idiot sister to everybody is what is offensive. You're trying to diminish people who have a degree from Harvard as not being smart and elitist when in fact it is very difficult to get into Harvard as they only take the best. So yes,if you graduated from Harvard you have a fair amount of intelligence whether you think it's offensive and elitist or not. Non- intelligent people do not graduate from Harvard. It's really that simple.

Mitt Romney also graduated from Harvard with an MBA from Harvard Business School in 1975 and graduated cum laude from Harvard Law School with his Juris Doctor the same year.

Pretty smart dude according to your standards, most people would not be able to accomplish dual enrollment successfully. I never would have DREAMED that you would compliment old Mitt.
Back to top Go down
Joanimaroni

avatar

Posts : 1156
Join date : 2012-07-31

PostSubject: Re: I'd vote for Sarah Palin for President or VP   Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:38 am

George W. Bush graduated from Yale and Harvard. I guess he is really smart.



The Harvard Law Review is a law review published by an independent student group at Harvard Law School. Obama was president of volume 104.
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

avatar

Posts : 3139
Join date : 2013-08-07

PostSubject: Re: I'd vote for Sarah Palin for President or VP   Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:40 am

Joanimaroni wrote:
George W. Bush graduated from Yale and Harvard. I guess he is really smart.



The Harvard Law Review is a law review published by an independent student group at Harvard Law School. Obama was president of volume 104.  

When the records came out....President Bush had better grades that Gore and Kerry....and yet was it portrayed that way?....
Back to top Go down
koolkat



Posts : 130
Join date : 2014-06-19

PostSubject: Re: I'd vote for Sarah Palin for President or VP   Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:41 am

mediawatcher wrote:
koolkat wrote:
Saying it is a bunch of crap is an opinion of which I'm allowed to give. Just because you don't like them doesn't make it insulting.

    You did happen to notice the LOL's after didn't you...guess not.  Little fun on your attempting to do the same thing on another post....

And? So what are you saying? You don't like others opinions if they disagree?
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

avatar

Posts : 3139
Join date : 2013-08-07

PostSubject: Re: I'd vote for Sarah Palin for President or VP   Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:43 am

koolkat wrote:
mediawatcher wrote:
koolkat wrote:
Saying it is a bunch of crap is an opinion of which I'm allowed to give. Just because you don't like them doesn't make it insulting.

    You did happen to notice the LOL's after didn't you...guess not.  Little fun on your attempting to do the same thing on another post....

And? So what are you saying? You don't like others opinions if they disagree?

Last time...reminder of when you attempted to say I was insulting in another post [towards TEO] and attempted to tell me that Eric had warned against doing such....
Back to top Go down
Joanimaroni

avatar

Posts : 1156
Join date : 2012-07-31

PostSubject: Re: I'd vote for Sarah Palin for President or VP   Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:46 am

Harvard law review......"as the president of the Law Review, Obama didn't write articles, he edited and reviewed them."
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

avatar

Posts : 3139
Join date : 2013-08-07

PostSubject: Re: I'd vote for Sarah Palin for President or VP   Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:48 am

Joanimaroni wrote:
Harvard law review......"as the president of the Law Review, Obama didn't write articles, he edited and reviewed them."

Weren't there some of his writings that have been sealed and/or done away with to keep them from the public?...
Back to top Go down
koolkat



Posts : 130
Join date : 2014-06-19

PostSubject: Re: I'd vote for Sarah Palin for President or VP   Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:50 am

I don't know what Bush,Gore or Kerry's grades were but if they got in Harvard they were no dummies. I don't try to minimize people's accomplishments because of their political views. Obama is no dummie and you don't get to be editor of the law review because you're a dummy. And you certainly don't graduate second highest because you're a dummie.
Back to top Go down
koolkat



Posts : 130
Join date : 2014-06-19

PostSubject: Re: I'd vote for Sarah Palin for President or VP   Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:50 am

mediawatcher wrote:
koolkat wrote:
mediawatcher wrote:
koolkat wrote:
Saying it is a bunch of crap is an opinion of which I'm allowed to give. Just because you don't like them doesn't make it insulting.

    You did happen to notice the LOL's after didn't you...guess not.  Little fun on your attempting to do the same thing on another post....

And? So what are you saying? You don't like others opinions if they disagree?

   Last time...reminder of when you attempted to say I was insulting in another post [towards TEO] and attempted to tell me that Eric had warned against doing such....

I think that was cleared up.
Back to top Go down
koolkat



Posts : 130
Join date : 2014-06-19

PostSubject: Re: I'd vote for Sarah Palin for President or VP   Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:53 am

Joanimaroni wrote:
Harvard law review......"as the president of the Law Review, Obama didn't write articles, he edited and reviewed them."

And your point is?
Back to top Go down
Joanimaroni

avatar

Posts : 1156
Join date : 2012-07-31

PostSubject: Re: I'd vote for Sarah Palin for President or VP   Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:04 am

mediawatcher wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
Harvard law review......"as the president of the Law Review, Obama didn't write articles, he edited and reviewed them."

    Weren't there some of his writings that have been sealed and/or done away with to keep them from the public?...


There was one article attributed to Obama but never signed by him. The article was regarding a fetus being able to sue the mother.
Back to top Go down
Joanimaroni

avatar

Posts : 1156
Join date : 2012-07-31

PostSubject: Re: I'd vote for Sarah Palin for President or VP   Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:06 am

koolkat wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
Harvard law review......"as the president of the Law Review, Obama didn't write articles, he edited and reviewed them."

And your point is?



Your comment....koolkat wrote:
Graduating from Harvard Magna cum Laude and Editor of the Law Review is hardly a nitwit. Why would anybody need to see his college records?
Back to top Go down
koolkat



Posts : 130
Join date : 2014-06-19

PostSubject: Re: I'd vote for Sarah Palin for President or VP   Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:12 am

What am I missing here? What is the significance of Obama reviewing and editing articles? Are you inferring he wasn't that smart because of that?
Back to top Go down
Jake92



Posts : 1506
Join date : 2013-02-15
Age : 66
Location : Pensaclola, FL

PostSubject: Re: I'd vote for Sarah Palin for President or VP   Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:49 am

I know a retired admiral who graduated #1 in his class at Annapolis.. He is also an Ohlmstead scholar.. He has a genius IQ, speaks and writes 8 foreign languages, has nuclear physics, nuclear engineering, mechanical engineering, and aeronautical engineering degrees. He was an engineer on various submarines and was contacted many times by the experts that designed and built nuclear reactors when they had questions or problems they couldn't figure out.. He can't boil water, fry an egg, hammer 2 boards together, or wire up a switch, but he has pieces of paper saying how smart he is.. He NEVER had any problems following the procedures used for nuclear reactors, (some of which he wrote and are used Navy wide as official orders or procedures) He is one of the ones that basically wrote the tech manual and procedures without ONE nuclear incident. Obama can't/won't follow the laws he's an expert in.... He refuses to follow the immigration and other laws he's sworn to follow and bypasses the experts he put in place to run the country, and signs his own laws, many of which are repealed by his own party as well as the other parties in congress..
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

avatar

Posts : 3139
Join date : 2013-08-07

PostSubject: Re: I'd vote for Sarah Palin for President or VP   Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:55 am

Jake92 wrote:
I know a retired admiral who graduated #1 in his class at Annapolis..  He is also an Ohlmstead scholar..  He has a genius IQ, speaks and writes 8 foreign languages, has nuclear physics, nuclear engineering, mechanical engineering, and aeronautical engineering degrees.  He was an engineer on various submarines and was contacted many times by the experts that designed and built nuclear reactors when they had questions or problems they couldn't figure out..   He can't boil water, fry an egg, hammer 2 boards together, or wire up a switch, but he has pieces of paper saying how smart he is..  He NEVER had any problems following the procedures used for nuclear reactors, (some of which he wrote and are used Navy wide as official orders or procedures) He is one of the ones that basically wrote the tech manual and procedures without ONE nuclear incident.  Obama can't/won't follow the laws he's an expert in....  He refuses to follow the immigration and other laws he's sworn to follow and bypasses the experts he put in place to run the country, and signs his own laws, many of which are repealed by his own party as well as the other parties in congress..

So is it....arrogance...ignorance....out of control ego...or another/combination of many?.... Not only him but many elected and or appointed that are not fulfilling their sworn obligations...
Back to top Go down
koolkat



Posts : 130
Join date : 2014-06-19

PostSubject: Re: I'd vote for Sarah Palin for President or VP   Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:01 am

Right, Jake, right. Vote for Sarah Palin. I think it will give you some foreign policy experience.
Back to top Go down
Jake92



Posts : 1506
Join date : 2013-02-15
Age : 66
Location : Pensaclola, FL

PostSubject: Re: I'd vote for Sarah Palin for President or VP   Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:11 am

Kool, I didn't say 1 word about voting for Sarah Palin.... YOU brought it up how smart Obama is... A college degree is just a piece of paper that proves you completed the requirement needed to get it.. There are many people playing sports because they have a degree, but can't write or speak with a 5th grade education..
Back to top Go down
Joanimaroni

avatar

Posts : 1156
Join date : 2012-07-31

PostSubject: Re: I'd vote for Sarah Palin for President or VP   Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:13 am

How did Obama pay for his education? We know he and Michelle both are quoted as saying in speeches, during his presidency, that they had just paid off their student loans. Of course no one can find where the loans or interest on the loans were disclosed, as required by a politician's financial reports. No interest was ever recorded and Harvard must have permission to disclose the information.....Obama refused to authorize the disclosure of information.

It makes you wonder and seems quite suspicious that he and Michelle touted about student loans but yet surround it with secrecy.


http://www.wnd.com/2012/09/saudi-billionaire-did-help-obama-into-harvard/
Back to top Go down
riceme

avatar

Posts : 3098
Join date : 2012-12-02
Age : 45
Location : Fox, Alaska

PostSubject: Re: I'd vote for Sarah Palin for President or VP   Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:16 am

koolkat wrote:
riceme wrote:
koolkat wrote:
riceme wrote:
koolkat wrote:
Graduating from Harvard Magna cum Laude and Editor of the Law Review is hardly a nitwit. Why would anybody need to see his college records? Palin can't hold a candle to Hillary. She's the biggest reason McCain lost.

Some of the smartest people I know are stupid. Likewise, some of the least formally educated people I know are the brightest, smartest people I know. Case in point: one of my sisters has a genius IQ, but she is an idiot... has no common sense. You get what I'm saying here, right? No? Just because someone has an expensive piece of paper from an elitist institution does not make them particularly clever or smart. By the same token, just because someone does not have a fancy college education does not make them stupid. The notion is offensive and elitist.

I think Obama is a dipshit. I also think Sarah Palin is. My opinion of the two have nothing to do with each other, their political affiliations, nor with their college educations. It's about their decisions and performances in the real world.

I don't see where it was inferred if you don't have a "fancy college education" you are stupid? Sounds like that is a sensitive area for you. Do you have a college education?

You inferred it yourself with your statement above. If you cannot follow the argument, then maybe you need to enroll yourself in a reading comprehension course.

I do have a college education. Why does it matter to you? I have a bachelor's degree in interdisciplinary studies and two minors: one in mathematics and one in geology. I am sensitive about this issue because during my life I have known a lot of incredibly intelligent people who were discriminated against by elitist assholes who thought they were smarter and better than others because they had an expensive piece of paper to hang on the wall.

No I didn't infer that at all. There is no need to get snarky because you had some friends who were discriminated against. Why go off on a tangent that is not even part of the argument? If you believe they give out JD's of Law at Harvard to dummies then we have nothing further to discuss. I know what I'm dealing w/ now.

You DID infer. And judging by your latest responses, including this one, you are most certainly not following this argument. At all.
Back to top Go down
Eric

avatar

Posts : 9735
Join date : 2012-07-30
Age : 67
Location : Hoover, AL & Pensacola when I'm lucky

PostSubject: Re: I'd vote for Sarah Palin for President or VP   Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:23 am

Being smart as a whip does not equate to having leadership skills and common sense. Going to Harvard and getting great grades does not qualify one for the presidency. Jimmy Carter was arguably our smartest president, but he isn't known as being an effective president.


Notice that I wrote this post without one "you" in it until now. I have noticed that posts with that word in them are usually accusatory and incite retaliatory responses. Just something to think about.

_________________
Ideas are funny little things, they won't work unless you do.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
mediawatcher

avatar

Posts : 3139
Join date : 2013-08-07

PostSubject: Re: I'd vote for Sarah Palin for President or VP   Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:34 am

Eric wrote:
Being smart as a whip does not equate to having leadership skills and common sense.  Going to Harvard and getting great grades does not qualify one for the presidency.  Jimmy Carter was arguably our smartest president, but he isn't known as being an effective president.  



Notice that I wrote this post without one "you" in it until now.  I have noticed that posts with that word in them are usually accusatory and incite retaliatory responses.  Just something to think about.



'YOU'!!!!!!!.......are correct..... And a former actor...is remembered as one of the best....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: I'd vote for Sarah Palin for President or VP   

Back to top Go down
 
I'd vote for Sarah Palin for President or VP
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Everyday Pensacola :: Politics-
Jump to: