Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Forum Posting

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Eric

PostSubject: Forum Posting   Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:24 pm

This forum was created as a haven from the fights and raunchy attitude that was prevalent at PDF at the time.

Bob told me that PDF has had another meltdown of sorts and it seems some folks have migrated elsewhere... at least for a while.

In the past week or two, I have seen a change in the attitude of posts that is a bit unsettling. Posts seem to be getting more confrontational and personal and I would hate to see it evolve into a series of fights like those that are prevalent on PDF.

Can we have civilized discussions and debate the relative merits of one's position without personal attacks? Calling a poster a liar or mentally deficient, etc. only stirs up trouble and it is childish.

If you disagree with something someone else posts, it is more civil to quote that text, provide your own evidence to refute what that poster said, and provide a link where people can verify for themselves. WHERE you are getting your information is important as there are plenty of websites that spin the story to suit their agenda, so a link would be helpful. If you are not stating fact, you are certainly within your rights to state your opinion or disagreement.

I will admit that I am guilty of a confrontational attitude and I promise to reign in my opinions for the sake of the reputation of this forum.

Can we please act like adults?

PostSubject: Re: Forum Posting   Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:40 pm

I cannot imagine anyone thinking any of your posts are confrontational Eric.

Can you feel that big old " sucking up to" feeling that I just sent out. LOL

You are a good guy. I'm sure you will handle any problems that might surface. You always have. We do appreciate you out here.
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: Forum Posting   Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:48 pm

Eric wrote:
This forum was created as a haven from the fights and raunchy attitude that was prevalent at PDF at the time.

Bob told me that PDF has had another meltdown of sorts and it seems some folks have migrated elsewhere... at least for a while.  

In the past week or two, I have seen a change in the attitude of posts that is a bit unsettling.  Posts seem to be getting more confrontational and personal and I would hate to see it evolve into a series of fights like those that are prevalent on PDF.

Can we have civilized discussions and debate the relative merits of one's position without personal attacks?  Calling a poster a liar or mentally deficient, etc. only stirs up trouble and it is childish.

If you disagree with something someone else posts, it is more civil to quote that text, provide your own evidence to refute what that poster said, and provide a link where people can verify for themselves.  WHERE you are getting your information is important as there are plenty of websites that spin the story to suit their agenda, so a link would be helpful.  If you are not stating fact, you are certainly within your rights to state your opinion or disagreement.  

I will admit that I am guilty of a confrontational attitude and I promise to reign in my opinions for the sake of the reputation of this forum.

Can we please act like adults?

Thanks for reading and getting the point of my post... It has become more confrontational and will so until the nonsense of being untruthful and intentionally misquoting other posters stops...Disagree..argue...discuss whether it be from another source or an opinion but be accurate and stop the drive-by stuff...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Forum Posting   Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:14 pm

I plan on being have. Smile
Back to top Go down
Eric

PostSubject: Re: Forum Posting   Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:10 pm

Thanks. We all get caught up in emotions and sometimes they get the better of us.

Disagreeing is half the fun on a forum and I surely don't want to stifle good conversation.

koolkat

PostSubject: Re: Forum Posting   Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:19 pm

The constant Obama bashing is old.There is no need to call the President names or post derogatory meme's. If you want to stop the confrontational attitudes then stop the childish name calling of the other parties political figures. You can disagree with his policies or agenda. I don't see the liberals doing that but the conservatives go overboard with their hate.
Back to top Go down
Eric

PostSubject: Re: Forum Posting   Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:45 pm

A certain amount of poetic license is allowed here. While I personally do not agree with such designations and graphics, the discussions are within reasonable bounds.

If there are no threats, obscene pictures, or any words that are illegal, and posts don't stir up trouble in the forum, members are allowed to state their opinions... even if their opinion or representation thereof may differ from ours.

koolkat

PostSubject: Re: Forum Posting   Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:26 am

So if someone states in their opinion the info. is false there should not be a problem.Correct?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Forum Posting   Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:44 am

koolkat wrote:
So if someone states in their opinion the info. is false there should not be a problem.Correct?

I hope he says no because there is a whole ton of incorrect information posted around here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Forum Posting   Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:09 am

Eric wrote:
Thanks.  We all get caught up in emotions and sometimes they get the better of us.

Disagreeing is half the fun on a forum and I surely don't want to stifle good conversation.

Youre welcome. Its very nice to not have to feel defensive all the time.

The beatings and arguments have stifled conversation. I yearn for conversation on many topics. So much out in this world to learn, see, discuss. And laughing is also a lot of fun.  Very Happy 

I wish I had let go of the argument sooner, but now it is over and I hope people can see me for my actions and not reactions.

Glad to be here.

My only issue is I can post 20 times in 5 minutes and I have to remember that may not be what others want. Work in progress. Smile
Back to top Go down
koolkat

PostSubject: Re: Forum Posting   Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:26 pm

Eric wrote:
A certain amount of poetic license is allowed here.  While I personally do not agree with such designations and graphics, the discussions are within reasonable bounds.

If there are no threats, obscene pictures, or any words that are illegal, and posts don't stir up trouble in the forum, members are allowed to state their opinions... even if their opinion or representation thereof may differ from ours.

It's just a matter of time, Eric. Leopards don't change their spots. They're just in the "honeymoon" phase.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Forum Posting   Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:45 pm

koolkat wrote:
Eric wrote:
A certain amount of poetic license is allowed here.  While I personally do not agree with such designations and graphics, the discussions are within reasonable bounds.

It's just a matter of time, Eric. Leopards don't change their spots. They're just in the "honeymoon" phase.

ah but some people don't even take a honeymoon.  silent Wink 
Back to top Go down
PkrBum

PostSubject: Re: Forum Posting   Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:54 pm

I wonder if she thinks we don't recognize a dig when we read it? Guess the kat is a leopard.
Back to top Go down
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: Forum Posting   Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:27 am

On July 16th, Kool said:
"The constant Obama bashing is old.There is no need to call the President names or post derogatory meme's. If you want to stop the confrontational attitudes then stop the childish name calling of the other parties political figures. You can disagree with his policies or agenda. I don't see the liberals doing that but the conservatives go overboard with their hate."

Yesterday, she called Sarah Palin a nit wit.

Stop the name calling against others and it will stop against Obama, but the statements about Obama are about his leadership, NOT his intelligence....

Back to top Go down
koolkat

PostSubject: Re: Forum Posting   Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:08 pm

Jake92 wrote:
On July 16th, Kool said:
"The constant Obama bashing is old.There is no need to call the President names or post derogatory meme's. If you want to stop the confrontational attitudes then stop the childish name calling of the other parties political figures. You can disagree with his policies or agenda. I don't see the liberals doing that but the conservatives go overboard with their hate."

Yesterday, she called Sarah Palin a nit wit.  

Stop the name calling against others and it will stop against Obama, but the statements about Obama are about his leadership, NOT his intelligence....

No it won't stop against Obama. You act like I called Palin a nitwit first? The name calling is about his leadership and intelligence so you're not quite accurate.But hey all's fair so we will carry on.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Forum Posting   

Back to top Go down

Forum Posting
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Everyday Pensacola :: Misc :: Admin Notes-
Jump to: