Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Tropical Weather Coming?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Eric

Eric

Tropical Weather Coming? Empty
PostSubject: Tropical Weather Coming?   Tropical Weather Coming? EmptySat May 31, 2014 10:09 am

Have y'all read the prominent article in the PNJ about a storm predicted to develop in the Caribbean and forecast to drench the Panhandle?   Here is a portion of the article:

Quote :
Early predictions by Crown Weather Service meteorologists indicate that a low pressure system could form in the Caribbean by early next week and reach the Gulf of Mexico as a tropical storm soon afterward.

It will still be several days before meteorologists will be able to gauge the brewing storm's strength and path with certainty, but Rob Lightbown, owner of Crown Weather Service, said that the system will definitely drench the Panhandle.

"At the very minimum we'll see a significant amount of rainfall stream out of the Caribbean into the Panhandle area ... possibly 6-10 inches between late next week and the beginning of the following week, which is obviously something you folks don't need," he said.

Crown Weather Services of Caribou, Maine complies data from numerous weather prediction models and amalgamates them into one forecast. Lightbown said that several models show the storm developing off the coast of Belize around June 2 or 3.

From there, Lightbown believes a high pressure system over the Atlantic will push the system north-northeast or northeast until it makes landfall June 6 or 7.

Today's update on this story downplays the amount of rain that is possible in the Panhandle.

When I read this story yesterday, I thought it HAD to be one of those hurricane exercises that EMS folks do to assess preparedness.  I quickly went to my usual Hurricane web site, http://spaghettimodels.com/ and didn't see anything to back up this story.  TODAY, however, there is a mention of models predicting a low formation in the Bay of Campeche and moving Northerly, then NorthEasterly.

Tropical Weather Coming? Model10

Hurricane prognosticators say we will have a relatively quiet season this year.  El Niño seems to be active and this will bring wind shear to the Atlantic this year, impeding the development of storms.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Tropical Weather Coming?   Tropical Weather Coming? EmptyMon Jun 02, 2014 1:06 pm

Tropical Weather Coming? Wv-animated

Something possibly wrapping up?
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: Tropical Weather Coming?   Tropical Weather Coming? EmptyMon Jun 02, 2014 1:30 pm

Very possible..... I'll watch it until it's cleared up.. I can always jump in the motor home and go........
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tropical Weather Coming?   Tropical Weather Coming? Empty

Back to top Go down

Tropical Weather Coming?
Page 1 of 1