Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hogwash. Valedictorian says "hell" in graduation speech... denied diploma!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Eric

Eric

Hogwash.  Valedictorian says "hell" in graduation speech... denied diploma! Empty
PostSubject: Hogwash. Valedictorian says "hell" in graduation speech... denied diploma!   Hogwash.  Valedictorian says "hell" in graduation speech... denied diploma! EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 1:05 pm

http://kfor.com/2012/08/18/46913/

Nootbaar said, “Her quote was, ‘When she first started school she wanted
to be a nurse, then a veterinarian and now that she was getting closer
to graduation, people would ask her, what do you want to do and she said
‘How the h*** do I know? I’ve changed my mind so many times.’”

The school board wants her to write a letter of apology. She isn't going to do it.

Personally, I think the school board has their heads "where the sun don't shine".
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
Admin
Admin
Admin

Hogwash.  Valedictorian says "hell" in graduation speech... denied diploma! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hogwash. Valedictorian says "hell" in graduation speech... denied diploma!   Hogwash.  Valedictorian says "hell" in graduation speech... denied diploma! EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 1:12 pm

EricEricson wrote:
http://kfor.com/2012/08/18/46913/

Nootbaar said, “Her quote was, ‘When she first started school she wanted
to be a nurse, then a veterinarian and now that she was getting closer
to graduation, people would ask her, what do you want to do and she said
‘How the h*** do I know? I’ve changed my mind so many times.’”

The school board wants her to write a letter of apology. She isn't going to do it.

Personally, I think the school board has their heads "where the sun don't shine".

So do I Eric. This makes absolutely no sense at all. I really do not see how they can legally hold her diploma.
Back to top Go down
https://pensacoladaily.forumotion.com
SheSurfs

SheSurfs

PostSubject: Re: Hogwash. Valedictorian says "hell" in graduation speech... denied diploma!   Hogwash.  Valedictorian says "hell" in graduation speech... denied diploma! EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 1:07 pm

In a computer training video put on by the school, required for parents before getting their Mac Airs, they warned of kids using vulgar language in communications....in the background was an Adele song Rolling in the Deep in which she sings, "I'll lay your sh@# bare."

I was also in a classroom two years ago on Parents' Night in which they were harping on discipline, drugs and alcohol....and in the front of the room were liquor cardboard boxes stacked and being used by one of the teachers for storage.

I pointed it out to the school officer....commented about what we say and what we do....he had been sitting with the rest of us with the boxes right in front of him and hadn't even noticed.

Double standards don't tend to enthuse teenagers very much.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hogwash. Valedictorian says "hell" in graduation speech... denied diploma!   Hogwash.  Valedictorian says "hell" in graduation speech... denied diploma! EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 1:29 pm

SheSurfs wrote:
In a computer training video put on by the school, required for parents before getting their Mac Airs, they warned of kids using vulgar language in communications....in the background was an Adele song Rolling in the Deep in which she sings, "I'll lay your sh@# bare."

I was also in a classroom two years ago on Parents' Night in which they were harping on discipline, drugs and alcohol....and in the front of the room were liquor cardboard boxes stacked and being used by one of the teachers for storage.

I pointed it out to the school officer....commented about what we say and what we do....he had been sitting with the rest of us with the boxes right in front of him and hadn't even noticed.

Double standards don't tend to enthuse teenagers very much.

I think that the word in that song is ship.

This song is about revenge after a bitter breakup with a boyfriend. She is saying that if he calls her out she will lay his ship bare. In other words reveal all the skeletons in his closet. I do not see any vulgar language in this song.

There's a fire starting in my heart
Reaching a fever pitch and it's bringing me out the dark
Finally, I can see you crystal clear
Go head and sell me out and I'll lay your ship bare

Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Hogwash. Valedictorian says "hell" in graduation speech... denied diploma!   Hogwash.  Valedictorian says "hell" in graduation speech... denied diploma! EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 2:59 pm

Paul, just don't let it happen again Smile

Many moons ago, I was a leader of our church's youth group. The kids were earning money to go to Rome, Italy for World Youth Day (2000), by being the busboys and wait staff at church dinners in the Gym. I had beach music playing. Suddenly, I had an oh shit moment and ran across the floor to the PA closet to stop Jimmy Buffet's "Why don't we get drunk and screw". (Made it in time... whew!)
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
SheSurfs

SheSurfs

PostSubject: Re: Hogwash. Valedictorian says "hell" in graduation speech... denied diploma!   Hogwash.  Valedictorian says "hell" in graduation speech... denied diploma! EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 6:50 pm

[quote="Paul"]
SheSurfs wrote:
In a computer training video put on by the school, required for pa
This song is about revenge after a bitter breakup with a boyfriend. She is saying that if he calls her out she will lay his ship bare. In other words reveal all the skeletons in his closet. I do not see any vulgar language in this song.

There's a fire starting in my heart
Reaching a fever pitch and it's bringing me out the dark
Finally, I can see you crystal clear
Go head and sell me out and I'll lay your ship bare

I initially thought so too but the song was written and published on the CD with a T and is so played on Sirius, XM. Different stations do different things with in including making it "ship" or bleeping the word altogether. Kinda weird if you ask me as "ship" seems a better/more amusing choice.

In general, I find most Adele songs make men squirm in their chairs. My son is no fan, lol.

But I digress....
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hogwash. Valedictorian says "hell" in graduation speech... denied diploma!   Hogwash.  Valedictorian says "hell" in graduation speech... denied diploma! EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 8:25 am

There are some internet websites that publish the lyrics of songs and and I checked 3 of them yesterday and all 3 indicated the word "ship". I also found one sight that gives the meaning behind a particular song and that is where I got the bitter breakup as Adele expressed it.

But back on topic, if this is the only supposedly "vulgar" word that this school district has ever heard from one of their students, then they are definitely in the dark ages.

And BTW, this man is a real big fan of Adele. I love her music and could listen to it all day long.........................
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hogwash. Valedictorian says "hell" in graduation speech... denied diploma!   Hogwash.  Valedictorian says "hell" in graduation speech... denied diploma! Empty

Back to top Go down

Hogwash. Valedictorian says "hell" in graduation speech... denied diploma!
Page 1 of 1