Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Charlie Crist...Race motivates GOP to oppose [name] cowh....

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

Charlie Crist...Race motivates GOP to oppose [name] cowh.... Empty
PostSubject: Charlie Crist...Race motivates GOP to oppose [name] cowh....     Charlie Crist...Race motivates GOP to oppose [name] cowh.... EmptyWed May 07, 2014 8:32 am

Charlie Crist said Tuesday that a "big reason" why he left the republican party was because many in the GOP were hostile to [name] cowh due to his race.

Republicans are perceived as being "anti-women", "anti-women", "anti-minority" and "anti-gay", Crist said in an interview with Jorge Ramos.

When challenged that his leaving had to do with losing to Marco Rubio by 20% Crist said, "leadership went over the cliff". Crist did admit to Ramos that he "modified a little" on healthcare.

On immigration, Crist said he tried to be a "good team player" and accommodate republicans who were against tuition proposal at the time he was governor, but now supports it. Last week the GOP-controlled FL Legislature passed an in-state tuition bill and Gov Scott to sign.

If Charlie Crist has evidence/facts to support that anyone in the GOP opposes the cowh because of his race he should produce such evidence and expose them. Later though in his comments he states that the GOP is PERCEIVED in the anti labels listed above...big difference between perception and facts. To use his words.he "modified a little" on healthcare is an understatement he opposed it and now supports it period.

Strange that as governor to be a "good team player" he opposed in state tuition for illegals to accommodate even though he didn't agree? Does that make him perceived as "anti-minority"? But now he supports this legislation...Last week the GOP controlled FL Legislature passed an in state tuition bill and Gov to sign when it gets to his desk. Does this mean the GOP isn't "anti-minority"?...Little confusing, or does simply opposing in state tuition for illegals make one a racist or anti-minority? But it is nice to see that the 'race card' can be used without evidence or proof to support allegations and that Charlie Crist will do/say to achieve his goal. A friend told me...you can't spell Charlie without LIE.....
Back to top Go down
nochain

nochain

PostSubject: Re: Charlie Crist...Race motivates GOP to oppose [name] cowh....     Charlie Crist...Race motivates GOP to oppose [name] cowh.... EmptyWed May 07, 2014 9:21 am

Crist can't even decide what party he wants - he's been everything but effective.

Charlie Crist...Race motivates GOP to oppose [name] cowh.... 123819_600
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Charlie Crist...Race motivates GOP to oppose [name] cowh....     Charlie Crist...Race motivates GOP to oppose [name] cowh.... EmptyWed May 07, 2014 10:38 am

nochain wrote:
Crist can't even decide what party he wants - he's been everything but effective.

Charlie Crist...Race motivates GOP to oppose [name] cowh.... 123819_600

Charlie Crist was a good governor, which is why this Democrat will be voting for him in the election this year.  He was governor during a difficult time when the economy was sucking air due to the national recession. He stood up for teachers and education workers and he opposed the offshore drilling that will someday lead to a problem like the ones we've seen off New Orleans.
I'm not much on Republicans, as you may have figured out, but he was one of the "good ones" in my opinion and in the opinions of a lot of other Democrats. I'm glad he finally figured out he didn't belong in the Republican party.
I think a lot of Scott supporters will be crying in their beer come November, and it will be nice to get a man in office who will stand up to our gerrymandered and stolen state legislature.

And no, signing that tuition bill doesn't mean the GOP isn't anti-minority. It means they know the huge threat they face this November with Crist running and are pandering to the Hispanics in this state. It's because it's an election year and they desperately need the votes of the few Hispanics who will be swayed by what they're doing.
And by the way, sometimes perception is because the thing that is perceived by so many is reality.
Back to top Go down
nochain

nochain

PostSubject: Re: Charlie Crist...Race motivates GOP to oppose [name] cowh....     Charlie Crist...Race motivates GOP to oppose [name] cowh.... EmptyWed May 07, 2014 11:26 am

Crist is a flip flop artist, he was for drilling before he was against it. He ran away from Florida when the economy tanked. He failed in his Senate bid. He has been (variously) a Rep, Independent, and now a Democrat. While a particular party affiliation isn't all that important as Governor it shows his lack of commitment and really defines him as a simple political opportunist - just not an effective one.
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: Charlie Crist...Race motivates GOP to oppose [name] cowh....     Charlie Crist...Race motivates GOP to oppose [name] cowh.... EmptyWed May 07, 2014 3:42 pm

nochain wrote:
Crist is a flip flop artist, he was for drilling before he was against it. He ran away from Florida when the economy tanked. He failed in his Senate bid. He has been (variously) a Rep, Independent, and now a Democrat. While a particular party affiliation isn't all that important as Governor it shows his lack of commitment and really defines him as a simple political opportunist - just not an effective one.

All the qualifications that 'otter' would admire...Of course who's surprised that 'otter' would say Charlie was one of the good republicans...Don't get me wrong not a huge supporter of Scott and the way he handled/fumbled the retirement system but compared to charLIE...

'otter'...that's not what charLIE said...and he himself was against the tuition before he was for it...don't think he won't or isn't trying to benefit from it being passed?...So is he 'anti-hispanic' or not guess it depends on which side of the argument will benefit him the most..Just like him saying Jeb Bush would be a good president [that's gotta sting huh 'otter'] but then he covers his butt and says...so would Hillary...that's going out on a limb charLIE....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Charlie Crist...Race motivates GOP to oppose [name] cowh....     Charlie Crist...Race motivates GOP to oppose [name] cowh.... EmptyWed May 07, 2014 7:25 pm

nochain wrote:

Not necessarily. Both my brother and myself have been Republicans originally, then independents, and now Democrats.  It shows a willingness to learn and to progress towards something you can really believe in. I don't have any problem with people changing their minds when approached with the real facts of the situation. That's not flip-flopping, it's learning.

I think if you did not think he could be effective in his bid for governor this thread wouldn't have been started. And by the way, Jeb Bush would be a heckuva lot better president than either his brother or his father were. Jeb Bush is a centrist and so is Hillary, but I know you wouldn't agree with that statement. But I'm not stunned by Charlie's statement a bit.
Jeb is losing big time to Hillary in every poll out there though, so I don't think we have to be too concerned about him. Very few Americans are out there longing for another Bush in the White House. Evidently, not even Momma Bush is.
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: Charlie Crist...Race motivates GOP to oppose [name] cowh....     Charlie Crist...Race motivates GOP to oppose [name] cowh.... EmptyThu May 08, 2014 4:52 am

Otter wrote:
nochain wrote:

Not necessarily. Both my brother and myself have been Republicans originally, then independents, and now Democrats.  It shows a willingness to learn and to progress towards something you can really believe in. I don't have any problem with people changing their minds when approached with the real facts of the situation. That's not flip-flopping, it's learning.

I think if you did not think he could be effective in his bid for governor this thread wouldn't have been started. And  by the way, Jeb Bush would be a heckuva lot better president than either his brother or his father were. Jeb Bush is a centrist and so is Hillary, but I know you wouldn't agree with that statement. But I'm not stunned by Charlie's  statement a bit.
Jeb is losing big time to Hillary in every poll out there though, so I don't think we have to be too concerned about him. Very few Americans are out there longing for another Bush in the White House. Evidently, not even Momma Bush is.

Willingness to learn and progress towards something you can really believe in...for charLIE its political opportunity and nothing more...His own words spell that out very clearly...Never said that he wasn't a politician and was effective at that... my comments were based on his actions/opinions/record...he made a very serious allegations about 'racism' and yet offered no evidence of such....The reason I brought it up was that charLIE gave the interview and it got covered...There has been the thought [not just by charLIE) that disagreement with the cowh or immigration somehow is racially motivated...a couple of weeks ago a member of the House made similar comments and then retreated to the safe line...'well not all republicans'...

That's not saying that I don't believe racism exists....but it's not exclusive to one party...one race... or one geographic location...2016 is still a political eternity away...the 2014 Congressional races are what's really important at this time...

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Charlie Crist...Race motivates GOP to oppose [name] cowh....     Charlie Crist...Race motivates GOP to oppose [name] cowh.... EmptyThu May 08, 2014 7:20 pm

mediawatcher wrote:
Otter wrote:
nochain wrote:

I think if you did not think he could be effective in his bid for governor this thread wouldn't have been started. And  by the way, Jeb Bush would be a heckuva lot better president than either his brother or his father were. Jeb Bush is a centrist and so is Hillary, but I know you wouldn't agree with that statement. But I'm not stunned by Charlie's  statement a bit.

Willingness to learn and progress towards something you can really believe in...for charLIE its political opportunity and nothing more...His own words spell that out very clearly...Never said that he wasn't a politician and was effective at that... my comments were based on his actions/opinions/record...he made a very serious allegations about 'racism' and yet offered no evidence of such....The reason I brought it up was that charLIE gave the interview and it got covered...There has been the thought [not just by charLIE) that disagreement with the cowh or immigration somehow is racially motivated...a couple of weeks ago a member of the House made similar comments and then retreated to the safe line...'well not all republicans'...

That's not saying that I don't believe racism exists....but it's not exclusive to one party...one race... or one geographic location...2016 is still a political eternity away...the 2014 Congressional races are what's really important at this time...

No, no, you are confused. I don't believe all Republicans are racist but I do believe nearly all  racists are Republicans.  And I would not have gone  back on that statement, not even if I happened to be a member of the house.  You see, it's an opinion and I honestly don't have to base an opinion on anything but personal observation. I don't have to read an article stating it or have it written in Wikipedia.

Neither does Charlie Crist or whoever that Congressman was who backed away from it. I can GUARANTEE you he still believes it. I can guarantee you that there are millions and millions of Republicans who specifically do not like Barack Obama because he is black. But that's just my opinion too.
It's possible that a lot of them just don't like him because he's a Democrat.
Either way, if nothing were considered except his record and he were a white Republican, lots of Republicans would love him. Even Obamacare was modeled after a Republican healthcare plan. He caught BinLaden, he's had a very aggressive foreign policy, Gitmo is still open, and a lot of us dems think of him as Bush Lite. You'd see that too if it weren't for his party. Other people might see that too if it weren't for his race.
Back to top Go down
nochain

nochain

PostSubject: Re: Charlie Crist...Race motivates GOP to oppose [name] cowh....     Charlie Crist...Race motivates GOP to oppose [name] cowh.... EmptyFri May 09, 2014 5:02 am

BHO did not "catch" OBL. He green lighted a very dangerous mission to have him whacked (a gutsy decision that I applaud) but OBL had been hunted for years by thousands of people. BHO also threw the Pakistani Doctor under the bus - you know - the one that finally fingered OBL. That was just wrong......His foreign policy is in short nothing...Russia/Ukraine - nothing, Egypt - a disaster, Syria - a lie and a disaster, and more of course.

I give BHO credit for not involving the military in Syria but Putin upstaged him there. His weakness or inexperience is apparent to the international community.
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: Charlie Crist...Race motivates GOP to oppose [name] cowh....     Charlie Crist...Race motivates GOP to oppose [name] cowh.... EmptyFri May 09, 2014 11:07 am

Otter wrote:
mediawatcher wrote:
Otter wrote:
nochain wrote:

No, no, you are confused. I don't believe all Republicans are racist but I do believe nearly all  racists are Republicans.  And I would not have gone  back on that statement, not even if I happened to be a member of the house.  You see, it's an opinion and I honestly don't have to base an opinion on anything but personal observation. I don't have to read an article stating it or have it written in Wikipedia.

Neither does Charlie Crist or whoever that Congressman was who backed away from it. I can GUARANTEE you he still believes it. I can guarantee you that there are millions and millions of Republicans who specifically do not like Barack Obama because he is black. But that's just my opinion too.
Either way, if nothing were considered except his record and he were a white Republican, lots of Republicans would love him. Even Obamacare was modeled after a Republican healthcare plan. He caught BinLaden, he's had a very aggressive foreign policy, Gitmo is still open, and a lot of us dems think of him as Bush Lite. You'd see that too if it weren't for his party. Other people might see that too if it weren't for his race.

Better you back and check your history....there was many democrats that were opposed to integration and believe it or not there are democrats that are racists. Don't understand what's so difficult to understand about that. LA Clippers owner Donald Sterling..HUGE contributor to the cowh and mega bucks to the NAACP (enough so that they honored him and were prepared to do so again) and now because of his comments past and present he's a racist...so when you can identify and call all or any group racists...you may have the problem.

Here's a little more....opposed Hillary with here healthcare ideas in the past and the left leaning policy positions of Al Gore and John Kerry when they ran for president...they all happen to be white. So if what you're saying then all whites should have supported them?...So if the cowh has even more left leaning tendencies than these mentioned and others and there opposition to you it has to be racially motivated? That's a pretty sick way of looking at things. In the case of the cowh it's what's he's done and wants to do that's the problem not his skin color. If it makes you feel better...yes there are some that may feel otherwise but who defends or supports these idiots?...Racism is a problem in society but it's an excuse far too often when it's not applicable.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Charlie Crist...Race motivates GOP to oppose [name] cowh....     Charlie Crist...Race motivates GOP to oppose [name] cowh.... EmptySat May 10, 2014 9:25 pm

mediawatcher wrote:
Otter wrote:
mediawatcher wrote:
Otter wrote:
nochain wrote:

Better you back and check your history....there was many democrats that were opposed to integration and believe it or not there are democrats that are racists.  Don't understand what's so difficult to understand about that.  LA Clippers owner Donald Sterling..HUGE contributor to the cowh and mega bucks to the NAACP (enough so that they honored him and were prepared to do so again) and now because of his comments past and present he's a racist...so when you can identify and call all or any group racists...you may have the problem.

Here's a little more....opposed Hillary with here healthcare ideas in the past and the left leaning policy positions of Al Gore and John Kerry when they ran for president...they all happen to be white.  So if what you're saying then all whites should have supported them?...So if the cowh has even more left leaning tendencies than these mentioned and others and there opposition to you it has to be racially motivated?  That's a pretty sick way of looking at things.  In the case of the cowh it's what's he's done and wants to do that's the problem not his skin color.  If it makes you feel better...yes there are some that may feel otherwise but who defends or supports these idiots?...Racism is a problem in society but it's an excuse far too often when it's not applicable.

Nope. I'm saying that a lot of Republicans don't like Obama specifically because he's black. Some of them also don't like him specifically because he's a Democrat.The POTUS does not have nearly the left leaning tendencies that either Al Gore or John Kerry have, because he has NEVER been as liberal as either of those two men in his lifetime. If you actually considered only the things he's done, he's not much of a liberal at all. Obamacare was a Republican idea, going way back to the 90's under the Clinton administration.   Racism may be an excuse that's used too often, but it's also a REASON that is denied too often. Very few people will admit to it but millions of people practice it. I haven't said that you do, but I do believe exactly what I said. Not all Republicans are racists, but most racists are Republicans.

Going back to the 1960's to talk about the racist Democrats like George Wallace doesn't have a thing in the world to do with today's politics. The Reagan Revolution turned the Republicans into a party they never were in the 60's and 70's, and the Clinton White House turned the Democrats into a centrist party, unlike the very liberal party they were under Carter and the likes of Hubert Humphrey and others. Neither of the two parties is anything like they were in the 60's. If Richard Nixon or Dwight Eisenhower were alive today, neither of them would be acceptable to Republicans as any kind of party leader at all. They would both have to become Democrats to survive as politicians. Charlie Crist is a perfect example of what I'm talking about. He disagreed with his party on one issue, the teacher's union, and Republicans slammed him so hard he did a 180 turn around and eventually became a democrat. Republicans don't accept diversity of opinion. Not a wide diversity anyway.
Back to top Go down
nochain

nochain

PostSubject: Re: Charlie Crist...Race motivates GOP to oppose [name] cowh....     Charlie Crist...Race motivates GOP to oppose [name] cowh.... EmptyMon May 12, 2014 2:37 pm

Hmmmmm....

Charlie Crist...Race motivates GOP to oppose [name] cowh.... Silver-racial-index-8
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Charlie Crist...Race motivates GOP to oppose [name] cowh....     Charlie Crist...Race motivates GOP to oppose [name] cowh.... Empty

Back to top Go down

Charlie Crist...Race motivates GOP to oppose [name] cowh....
Page 1 of 1