Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Y'all okay down there?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Eric

Eric

Y'all okay down there? Empty
PostSubject: Y'all okay down there?   Y'all okay down there? EmptyTue Apr 29, 2014 12:32 pm

We had quite a few scares up here in Birmingham. Damn sirens blew half the night and the weather radio chattered constantly. One tornado missed us by about 4 miles.

There is a weatherman up here named James Spann and he obviously LIVES for reporting on tornadoes. He stays on the air showing about 5 different radar views, weather cams on towers, video feeds from weathermen in the field, while reading tweets on his Mac (6000 in about an hour), zooming in here, zooming in there. If there is a tornado warning in the station's broadcast area, they don't go to regular programming. It's James Spann... all Spann... all the time.

So, did y'all have anything bad down there, weather wise?
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: Y'all okay down there?   Y'all okay down there? EmptyTue Apr 29, 2014 7:57 pm

Just some wind and rain so far.. Stay safe up there..
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Y'all okay down there?   Y'all okay down there? EmptyWed Apr 30, 2014 7:46 am

Looks like y'all got some heavy flooding. Up to twenty inches of rain in spots.
Back to top Go down
nochain

nochain

PostSubject: Re: Y'all okay down there?   Y'all okay down there? EmptyWed Apr 30, 2014 8:30 am

Eric wrote:
Looks like y'all got some heavy flooding.  Up to twenty inches of rain in spots.

Lots of roads closed, ground is saturated so water can't drain. When the upper rivers start draining down it'll get worse. Of course people are driving like maniacs so lots of wrecks too, they never learn.......
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: Y'all okay down there?   Y'all okay down there? EmptyWed Apr 30, 2014 8:32 am

nochain wrote:
Eric wrote:
Looks like y'all got some heavy flooding.  Up to twenty inches of rain in spots.

Lots of roads closed, ground is saturated so water can't drain. When the upper rivers start draining down it'll get worse. Of course people are driving like maniacs so lots of wrecks too, they never learn.......

This morning 0430 @ Mobile Hwy and Wilde Lake...1 car underwater on the bridge....0730 4 Vehicles stuck...anything more need to be said?...
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Y'all okay down there?   Y'all okay down there? EmptyWed Apr 30, 2014 12:09 pm

The paper showed pics of Scenic Highway and Johnson Avenue washed completely out in places. It said Dog Track Road South of 98 had severe damage (I forget how they said it, but when I read their description, I got the feeling that it was obliterated.)

I-10 was closed for a few miles from the Perdido River to the East.

The road closure list was long...
Back to top Go down
Melissa
Admin
Melissa

PostSubject: Re: Y'all okay down there?   Y'all okay down there? EmptyWed Apr 30, 2014 2:56 pm

We're OK here, Eric. Our power didn't even go off.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ouroasis.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Y'all okay down there?   Y'all okay down there? EmptyWed Apr 30, 2014 7:53 pm

The house of Otters is doing fine too Eric. We have good drainage where we live and I was very happy to see that my roof didn't even leak.
Miss Pepper was a little frightened under our bedcovers last night when lightning kept popping. She was shaking up close to me, but big brown dog didn't seem too worried about it at all. He's been through this stuff before and is a real veteran.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Y'all okay down there?   Y'all okay down there? Empty

Back to top Go down

Y'all okay down there?
Page 1 of 1