Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Congress ignores popular opinion -study says

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Eric

Eric

Congress ignores popular opinion -study says Empty
PostSubject: Congress ignores popular opinion -study says   Congress ignores popular opinion -study says EmptyFri Apr 18, 2014 9:37 pm

http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/the-exchange/the-astounding-power-of--economic-elites-190548250.html

Big money is what talks... not the populace.

We all suspected this to one extent or another, but to see proof that our opinions are essentially totally ignored really pisses me off.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
nochain

nochain

PostSubject: Re: Congress ignores popular opinion -study says   Congress ignores popular opinion -study says EmptySat Apr 19, 2014 6:12 am

When a big donor can pick up the phone and talk directly to one of the chosen ones it's clear small time voters like myself have no say. That idiot Jeff Miller won't even respond to emails asking about his position on certain issues. I guess they check their donor list to see if the petitioner is worth talking to.
Back to top Go down
Melissa
Admin
Melissa

PostSubject: Re: Congress ignores popular opinion -study says   Congress ignores popular opinion -study says EmptySat Apr 19, 2014 8:54 am

.....and this is why I remain sympathetic to and supportive of the Occupy Movement.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ouroasis.forumotion.com
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: Congress ignores popular opinion -study says   Congress ignores popular opinion -study says EmptySat Apr 19, 2014 8:58 am

nochain wrote:
When a big donor can pick up the phone and talk directly to one of the chosen ones it's clear small time voters like myself have no say. That idiot Jeff Miller won't even respond to emails asking about his position on certain issues. I guess they check their donor list to see if the petitioner is worth talking to.

Exactly every two years/four years voters are treated like we are important and then after November....FORGOTTEN! If that's the criteria for who to answer then that explains why I don't receive responses.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Congress ignores popular opinion -study says   Congress ignores popular opinion -study says EmptySat Apr 19, 2014 9:55 am

It's been this way for years. John McCain tried to fix the problem with his campaign finance reforms, but the big business loving Supreme Court kicked them to the curb.

It always comes back to the Supreme Court. They really rule this country and they aren't interested in anyone's opinion but their own.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Congress ignores popular opinion -study says   Congress ignores popular opinion -study says Empty

Back to top Go down

Congress ignores popular opinion -study says
Page 1 of 1