Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Welcome to..........

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
nochain

nochain

Welcome to.......... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome to..........     Welcome to.......... - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 22, 2014 2:02 pm

Eric wrote:

Y'all are right that the current administration is worthy of much "consideration" of their actions.

I remember the criticisms of the Bush administration, and, at the time, I felt that THEY were the ones getting picked upon... unfairly... and boy, did Olddaze have a field day then, lol.

By the way, I see him on another forum and he hasn't changed his ways.

So, one day we'll be seeing uncomplimentary posts about President Jeb Bush???    Welcome to.......... - Page 2 39

I'm thinking it would be a mistake for him to try a run even though he did a pretty good job as Gov here but that's not the same as being a Pres. I don't really like the "dynasty" aspect either. I don't even see anyone out there yet on the R side.
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to..........     Welcome to.......... - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 22, 2014 4:54 pm

nochain wrote:
Eric wrote:

Y'all are right that the current administration is worthy of much "consideration" of their actions.

I remember the criticisms of the Bush administration, and, at the time, I felt that THEY were the ones getting picked upon... unfairly... and boy, did Olddaze have a field day then, lol.

By the way, I see him on another forum and he hasn't changed his ways.

So, one day we'll be seeing uncomplimentary posts about President Jeb Bush???    Welcome to.......... - Page 2 39

I'm thinking it would be a mistake for him to try a run even though he did a pretty good job as Gov here but that's not the same as being a Pres. I don't reabutlly like the "dynasty" aspect either. I don't even see anyone out there yet on the R side.

Latest polls...not that they mean much and even less this far away...have Christie, Paul, and Bush as the top three. Agree with Barbara Bush when she said there has to be more families outside the Clinton and Bush families....Met Gov Bush on a couple of occassions after hurricanes...he came to Pensacola in a blue crown victoria with two state troopers...no chase cars/entourage...seemed like he was pretty down to earth. have met the current gov and when he came to town it looked like a Tahoe parade....Liked the way he removed himself from even appearing to interfere with his daughter's drug battles which she served time and probation...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to..........     Welcome to.......... - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 22, 2014 6:27 pm

Eric wrote:
nochain wrote:
Otter wrote:
Chicago?

What Democratic politician can we blame for OUR crime rate?

LOL!!!! WHAT????? What does that have to do with anything in this thread? Hilarious, thanks for the chuckle.

Well, I thought it was SPOT ON!

There are hundreds of posts about Democrat lies and corruption, but very few denigrating posts about Republicans.  Saying what does this have to do with politics reminds me of how many times I have read posts on different threads where posts introduce Democrat bashing and the thread had nothing to do with Democrats or Republicans.  

Good post Otter.

If Olddaze was here, we would have balance... but we don't.

LOL- that's okay Eric, I can count heads too and I'm pretty sure this isn't a "progressive Democratic" website. If it was, I'd have no one to argue with. How boring would that be?
Anyway- another man shot on his porch today out in Ensley somewhere. That's today's Pensacola act of violence for our morning paper to report. It seems there's at least one a day right here in sleepy old Pensacola.
I think Rahm Emmanuel is a democrat, right?

As for Jeb Bush, I think he's a nice guy but wouldn't want him for president. I disagree with most of his views but I think he comes to his thinking with a good heart, which I never felt George W had.  Jeb cares about his fellowman, I saw that in him when he was our governor and it impressed me. He was great after the season of Hurricanes we had back in '04 and '05. Same with his daddy, I think he's a good hearted guy, but I never got that kind of feeling about George W. I did with Charlie Crist who I'm hoping will be our next governor.

I don't dislike all Republicans-just the ones that I don't think care about lower income Americans.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to..........     Welcome to.......... - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 23, 2014 8:45 am

I just want to know if he can dance...

Welcome to.......... - Page 2 RYgqqnr

Welcome to.......... - Page 2 Tumblr_mwkwfmGBzz1rk4lspo1_250
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to..........     Welcome to.......... - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 23, 2014 9:11 am

Eric wrote:

It was nice to see President Bush get the recognition on the world stage for all his work in Africa...guess all it took was getting out of the White House. Is he an example of a republican that does care about lower income people?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to..........     Welcome to.......... - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 23, 2014 9:18 am

mediawatcher wrote:
Eric wrote:

It was nice to see President Bush get the recognition on the world stage for all his work in Africa...guess all it took was getting out of the White House.  Is he an example of a republican that does care about lower income people?

No. He's an example of a Republican that's desperately trying to repair his reputation.

The Dance didn't help. Especially the butt jiggle at the end.
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to..........     Welcome to.......... - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 23, 2014 9:24 am

Otter wrote:
mediawatcher wrote:
Eric wrote:

It was nice to see President Bush get the recognition on the world stage for all his work in Africa...guess all it took was getting out of the White House.  Is he an example of a republican that does care about lower income people?

No. He's an example of a Republican that's desperately trying to repair his reputation.

The Dance didn't help.  Especially the butt jiggle at the end.

It's amazing that even charity work is subjected to political ridicule...heck even I don't think Jimmy Carter does charitable events to 'repair his reputation'. Must be a pretty jaded world for some....
Back to top Go down
nochain

nochain

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to..........     Welcome to.......... - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 23, 2014 9:34 am

Welcome to.......... - Page 2 Dancingobama%25255B5%25255D_thumb%25255B2%25255D
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to..........     Welcome to.......... - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 23, 2014 9:38 am

nochain wrote:

He can sing too...

Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to..........     Welcome to.......... - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 23, 2014 9:39 am

I didn't win no Grammy??? C'mon...

Welcome to.......... - Page 2 JQZc9jM
Back to top Go down
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to..........     Welcome to.......... - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 23, 2014 10:11 am

Only STUPID people base a person on his political party more than what he has done for the common every day average person!!!!!! PERIOD
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to..........     Welcome to.......... - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 23, 2014 10:18 am

Jake92 wrote:
Only STUPID people base a person on his political party more than what he has done for the common every day average person!!!!!!  PERIOD

Rah Roh.... that'll tick off a couple of folks here!....But you are correct.  cheers cheers cheers cheers 
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to..........     Welcome to.......... - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 23, 2014 11:21 am

Jake92 wrote:
Only STUPID people base a person on his political party more than what he has done for the common every day average person!!!!!!  PERIOD

I agree 100%
Back to top Go down
nochain

nochain

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to..........     Welcome to.......... - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 23, 2014 11:59 am

mediawatcher wrote:
Otter wrote:
mediawatcher wrote:
Eric wrote:

It's amazing that even charity work is subjected to political ridicule...heck even I don't think Jimmy Carter does charitable events to 'repair his reputation'.  Must be a pretty jaded world for some....

Bush made his share of mistakes but to "denigrate" his efforts to help poor folks is kind of hypocritical given the alleged political stance and beliefs of the stone thrower, don't you think? His humanity is now portrayed as penance? Unbelievable. If that is the case then Clinton ought to be running a home for wayward women, oh wait - not a good idea... Perhaps BHO can start a program touting honesty in politics, oh wait - not a good idea....
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to..........     Welcome to.......... - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 23, 2014 5:16 pm

nochain wrote:
mediawatcher wrote:
Otter wrote:
mediawatcher wrote:
Eric wrote:

It's amazing that even charity work is subjected to political ridicule...heck even I don't think Jimmy Carter does charitable events to 'repair his reputation'.  Must be a pretty jaded world for some....

Bush made his share of mistakes but to "denigrate" his efforts to help poor folks is kind of hypocritical given the alleged political stance and beliefs of the stone thrower, don't you think? His humanity is now portrayed as penance? Unbelievable. If that is the case then Clinton ought to be running a home for wayward women, oh wait - not a good idea... Perhaps BHO can start a program touting honesty in politics, oh wait - not a good idea....

And yet many that opposed most if not all of Bush's agenda have supported/thanked the former president for his work in Africa both during and after his terms...I found it amazing that he and Bono became friends and worked together in spite of political differences...Disagree...the comment about "desperately trying to repair his reputation" is very believeable and considering the source expected...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to..........     Welcome to.......... - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 23, 2014 8:03 pm

mediawatcher wrote:
Otter wrote:
mediawatcher wrote:
Eric wrote:

I don't remember ever seeing Jimmy Carter wiggle his backside in front of a bunch of women in Africa.

Would George W have done that in front of a different audience?

Well, probably yes, I have to admit that he probably would.  He's the kind of person who doesn't have any better sense. Barack Obama doing the same thing would be the talk of Fox news the next day.

Last edited by Otter on Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to..........     Welcome to.......... - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 23, 2014 8:06 pm

Jake92 wrote:

I agree with that completely.
The damage Bush did to our economy and the common people in this country distinguishes him in history. What he did to the families of over 5000 dead US service members in Iraq and Afghanistan distinguishes him in history.

I absolutely base my opinion of George W Bush on what he's done.

Notice, I did NOT have the same opinion of his father or his brother, and unless I'm mistaken, they are in the same party as he is.

George W Bush is absolute proof that you can fool some of the people all of the time.

BTW, did the good things Lyndon Johnson did in civil rights legislation and his war on poverty erase the history of the War in Vietnam?
Back to top Go down
nochain

nochain

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to..........     Welcome to.......... - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 24, 2014 7:01 am

Otter wrote:
mediawatcher wrote:
Otter wrote:
mediawatcher wrote:
Eric wrote:
I

. Barack Obama doing the same thing would be the talk of Fox news the next day.

Miss something?

Back to top Go down
nochain

nochain

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to..........     Welcome to.......... - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 24, 2014 7:10 am

Otter wrote:
Jake92 wrote:

The damage Bush did to our economy and the common people in this country distinguishes him in history. What he did to the families of over 5000 dead US service members in Iraq and Afghanistan distinguishes him in history.

Notice, I did NOT have the same opinion of his father or his brother, and unless I'm mistaken, they are in the same party as he is.

George W Bush is absolute proof that you can fool some of the people all of the time.

BTW, did the good things Lyndon Johnson did in civil rights legislation and his war on poverty erase the history of the War in Vietnam?

LBJ caused many lives to be unnecessarily lost in Vietnam. War on poverty? How about Mission Impossible. You can hardly help people who don't want to help themselves. Everyone in this country has access to public education (good or bad, it's what you make of it), there are over 200 welfare type programs in this country - when used properly they can assist people with food and shelter and provide job training. The problem is there now exists generations of the same family living off welfare and dropping kids like they are free (of course to them they ARE free and another source of increased welfare). Somewhere along the line there needs to be a reset, if you want welfare and are able to work at all then public service ought to be mandatory.
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to..........     Welcome to.......... - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 24, 2014 8:22 am

nochain wrote:
Otter wrote:
Jake92 wrote:

LBJ caused many lives to be unnecessarily lost in Vietnam. War on poverty? How about Mission Impossible. You can hardly help people who don't want to help themselves. Everyone in this country has access to public education (good or bad, it's what you make of it), there are over 200 welfare type programs in this country - when used properly they can assist people with food and shelter and provide job training. The problem is there now exists generations of the same family living off welfare and dropping kids like they are free (of course to them they ARE free and another source of increased welfare). Somewhere along the line there needs to be a reset, if you want welfare and are able to work at all then public service ought to be mandatory.

The war on poverty was started/created with admirable intentions of temporary helping those in need to rise out of poverty and move forward to the American dream.  Along the way and over a period of time it has gone off the tracks and the folks responsible for its creation would probably not recognize what it has become today.  The problem(s) have been identified and the results are clear to what it has become then the question(s) have to be asked....how did this happen and what can be done to stop continuing with the same mistakes that have trapped citizens.

You are correct...those that are able bodied and capable of work need to be identified and given a date that the government well will come to an end.  This will give the individual the option to look for employment...receive training/assistance in order to be prepared and be made aware of the consequence should he/she decide not to comply.  These steps may already be in place but the enforcement is non existent.  IMO...that's because these people have become a voting block and are used because they'll vote for a certain party and/or candidate in order to keep the 'freebies' coming.
Back to top Go down
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to..........     Welcome to.......... - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 27, 2014 8:00 am

The people working in disability, welfare, wic, and the other freebie give away programs are employed to help people get assistance FROM the programs, but NOT to help them get OFF of the programs by getting jobs and becoming tax paying knowledgeable voting citizens....

Last edited by Jake92 on Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to..........     Welcome to.......... - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 27, 2014 8:19 am

Jake92 wrote:
The people working in disability, welfare, wic, and the other freebie give away programs are employed to help people get assistance FROM the programs, but NOT to help them get OFF of the programs by getting jobs and becoming tax paying knowledgeable voting citizens....

The last two elections prove that. In fairness though when the government is in the business of handing out 'freebies' those that are abusing the system are content to allow those that work to pay the bill. There is no incentive to break the cycle of dependence. There seem to be breaks for just about everyone...except those that work and actually contribute.
Back to top Go down
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to..........     Welcome to.......... - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 27, 2014 9:44 am

THAT is the reason there should be limits on the time they can draw from the programs.. There will always be a few that need it long term, but they should ALL be required to PROVE their need for the giveaways ie welfare, wic, and disability.. We've all heard the stories about the people on 100% social security disability who are seen doing yard work, construction, and playing sports like bowling and football..
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to..........     Welcome to.......... - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 27, 2014 11:11 am

Jake92 wrote:
THAT is the reason there should be limits on the time they can draw from the programs..  There will always be a few that need it long term, but they should ALL be required to PROVE their need for the giveaways ie welfare, wic, and disability..  We've all heard the stories about the people on 100% social security disability who are seen doing yard work, construction, and playing sports like bowling and football..

AGREE!!!....Two things that have been missing: Accountability and Responsibility
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to..........     Welcome to.......... - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Welcome to..........
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Everyday Pensacola :: Politics-
Jump to: