Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

They're talking about gutting the Second Amendment

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Eric

Eric

They're talking about gutting the Second Amendment Empty
PostSubject: They're talking about gutting the Second Amendment   They're talking about gutting the Second Amendment EmptyTue Apr 15, 2014 2:00 pm

I forget the exact words they want to add to the Second Amendment, but it essentially proposes U.S. citizen the right to bear arms... when serving in a militia.

I don't think the changes being talked about have a snowball's chance in hell of passing, but if it does, militias will gain a LOT of members, lol.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
nochain

nochain

PostSubject: Re: They're talking about gutting the Second Amendment   They're talking about gutting the Second Amendment EmptyTue Apr 15, 2014 2:31 pm

That sounds like an idea with unintended consequences.....
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: They're talking about gutting the Second Amendment   They're talking about gutting the Second Amendment EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 4:58 am

nochain wrote:
That sounds like an idea with unintended consequences.....

Think about the stupidity....want to allow those while serving in a militia to bear arms and yet there are so many laws and regulations to make sure active duty military personnel are restricted from being armed on military installations. A lot [if not all] of these militias and/or sovereign nation members do not accept any federal authority so why should they be afforded with the protections of the constitution?
Back to top Go down
Melissa
Admin
Melissa

PostSubject: Re: They're talking about gutting the Second Amendment   They're talking about gutting the Second Amendment EmptySat Apr 19, 2014 8:59 am

This is the dumbest idea I've heard in a while. I agree with NoChain - there would no doubt be unintended consequences.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ouroasis.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: They're talking about gutting the Second Amendment   They're talking about gutting the Second Amendment EmptyTue Apr 22, 2014 1:56 pm

I agree as well. Most of the "militias" I know about are nothing but a bunch of government hating survivalists running around in the woods practicing for the zombie apocalypse or some other world ending event.

Those are not the kind of people who I consider responsible gun owners.
Back to top Go down
nochain

nochain

PostSubject: Re: They're talking about gutting the Second Amendment   They're talking about gutting the Second Amendment EmptyTue Apr 22, 2014 2:12 pm

Otter wrote:
I agree as well. Most of the "militias" I know about are nothing but a bunch of government hating survivalists running around in the woods practicing for the zombie apocalypse or some other world ending event.

Most of them come from the shallow end of the gene pool. Maybe they'll kill each other off "practicing" their "skills"

They're talking about gutting the Second Amendment 16617_10151205510904296_1916430268_n
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: They're talking about gutting the Second Amendment   They're talking about gutting the Second Amendment EmptyTue Apr 22, 2014 4:44 pm

nochain wrote:
Otter wrote:

Most of them come from the shallow end of the gene pool. Maybe they'll kill each other off "practicing" their "skills"

They're talking about gutting the Second Amendment 16617_10151205510904296_1916430268_n

Thugs are thugs no matter where they practice their trade...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: They're talking about gutting the Second Amendment   They're talking about gutting the Second Amendment Empty

Back to top Go down

They're talking about gutting the Second Amendment
Page 1 of 1