Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The poor babies! Congress peoples don't get paid enough!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
nochain

nochain

The poor babies! Congress peoples don't get paid enough! Empty
PostSubject: The poor babies! Congress peoples don't get paid enough!   The poor babies! Congress peoples don't get paid enough! EmptyFri Apr 04, 2014 9:50 am

I almost fell out my chair reading about this whining, pitiful loser who thinks he doesn't get paid enough to live appropriately in D.C.

I would like this freak to compare his salary and benefits with those of an average worker or servicemember who is stationed in D.C.

2013: Working days for the entire year total 126, leaving 239 days off.

DISGUSTING!

"Members of Congress are underpaid, can’t live ‘decently’ in D.C.: Rep. Moran"

A retiring Democratic congressman from Virginia says federal lawmakers don’t make enough money to get by in both Washington and back home.
“I think the American people should know that the members of Congress are underpaid,” Rep. James P. Moran told CQ Roll Call.

“I understand that it’s widely felt that they underperform, but the fact is that this is the board of directors for the largest economic entity in the world.”

Mr. Moran told the publication that some lawmakers live out of their offices while in the nation’s capital, or in “small little apartment units” that make it hard to spend time with their families.

A Republican-led appropriations bill introduced this week would retain a freeze on lawmakers’ salaries that has been in place since 2010, but Mr. Moran said state legislatures provide a per diem allowance and that the federal government should do the same, according to Roll Call.

Mr. Moran said his mission “is wholly quixotic” and will not pass, but Roll Call says he may bring it up on the House floor to garner attention.

“Our pay has been frozen for three years and we’re planning on freezing it a fourth year. … A lot of members can’t even afford to live decently in Washington,” he told the publication.

Members of Congress are paid $174,000 per year."

The poor babies! Congress peoples don't get paid enough! Dem_crying_baby_seal_xlarge
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: The poor babies! Congress peoples don't get paid enough!   The poor babies! Congress peoples don't get paid enough! EmptyFri Apr 04, 2014 10:36 am

nochain wrote:
I almost fell out my chair reading about this whining, pitiful loser who thinks he doesn't get paid enough to live appropriately in D.C.

I would like this freak to compare his salary and benefits with those of an average worker or servicemember who is stationed in D.C.

2013: Working days for the entire year total 126, leaving 239 days off.

DISGUSTING!

"Members of Congress are underpaid, can’t live ‘decently’ in D.C.: Rep. Moran"

A retiring Democratic congressman from Virginia says federal lawmakers don’t make enough money to get by in both Washington and back home.
“I think the American people should know that the members of Congress are underpaid,” Rep. James P. Moran told CQ Roll Call.

“I understand that it’s widely felt that they underperform, but the fact is that this is the board of directors for the largest economic entity in the world.”

Mr. Moran told the publication that some lawmakers live out of their offices while in the nation’s capital, or in “small little apartment units” that make it hard to spend time with their families.

A Republican-led appropriations bill introduced this week would retain a freeze on lawmakers’ salaries that has been in place since 2010, but Mr. Moran said state legislatures provide a per diem allowance and that the federal government should do the same, according to Roll Call.

Mr. Moran said his mission “is wholly quixotic” and will not pass, but Roll Call says he may bring it up on the House floor to garner attention.

“Our pay has been frozen for three years and we’re planning on freezing it a fourth year. … A lot of members can’t even afford to live decently in Washington,” he told the publication.

Members of Congress are paid $174,000 per year."

The poor babies! Congress peoples don't get paid enough! Dem_crying_baby_seal_xlarge

LOL!....Hope all in Congress go home to run for re-election with "We're Underpaid" as their campaign slogan...Wonder what the final number is when the perks are added?
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: The poor babies! Congress peoples don't get paid enough!   The poor babies! Congress peoples don't get paid enough! EmptyFri Apr 04, 2014 11:13 am

They should be proud that they can be of service to their fellow Americans.

Greedy bastard...

The poor babies! Congress peoples don't get paid enough! B
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The poor babies! Congress peoples don't get paid enough!   The poor babies! Congress peoples don't get paid enough! Empty

Back to top Go down

The poor babies! Congress peoples don't get paid enough!
Page 1 of 1