Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Electronic repair

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Jake92

Electronic repair Empty
PostSubject: Electronic repair   Electronic repair EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 10:03 am

I recently bought a used Toshiba TV from a pawn shop, because it was the closest one that fits the hole for TVs in my motor home.. When I went to hook everything up, I noticed the cable connection on the back was missing.. I tried to find a repair place that would replace the connector, but of the few places listed in the yellow pages, NONE of them were open or in the place listed in the phone book.. I saw the signs at a few, but no open TV repair businesses at the location.. There were a few empty shops with the doors closed, but no signs of anyone being there for a long time.
The geek squad at Best Buy said the ONLY way they would work on it was if I bought it at the Best Buy store, even though they sell Toshiba's in the store.. Sears Repair on Olive Rd said they have not had any service people there that work on electronics for a few years, and said I should go to the Sears store to buy a new one, even though the Sears web site says they work on ALL TV s and other electronic appliances.. On the way home, after going to various places, I saw a little place on Fairfield.. I stopped and the door was locked, but there was a phone # in the window.. I called, but no answer or answering machine.. A few minutes later, my cell phone rang.......... It was the repair shop. Gulf Coast TV at 2618 W Fairfield.. He looked at it and for a $50 fee would diagnose the problem.. The $50 would be deducted from the $68 repair cost if I wanted him to fix it.. The RF connector AND circuit board are both broke. He looked around the shop for one that would fit, but didn't have anything close that would work. He has a circuit board on order and will call me when it comes in, even though it's on back order at the factory. It might take 1-3 months, but I'm in NO hurry to need it any time soon.. I have 2 other TVs in the motor home that I can use..

The bottom line is, Gulf Coast TV seems like a very reputable business that will take care of the problem at a very reasonable cost in a short time. He does work at his business on W Fairfield or at YOUR home or business location..
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

Electronic repair Empty
PostSubject: Re: Electronic repair   Electronic repair EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 4:17 pm

With the disposable mentality, everything is throw-away these days.

It's a wonder that ANY TV repair places are open at all.

I have an old Onkyo receiver that I'll be tearing into tonight. Hopefully, it is just capacitors that are blown.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net

Electronic repair Empty
PostSubject: Re: Electronic repair   Electronic repair EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 1:38 am

Electronic repair Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-vIaw7wzZ1uSi5LP1iSrjnU-d4TwkNnNbMVwmEpV6z9PCpMo

Eric's right. I rarely attempt to look at anything electronic that's not twenty or more years old. The electronics and the way the new equipment is put together makes it almost impossible to attempt repairs other than swapping cables and such.

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpO_oVtXCa4

Smile
Back to top Go down
Jake92

Electronic repair Empty
PostSubject: Re: Electronic repair   Electronic repair EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 9:22 am

I left it along the side of the road and it was gone in less than 30 minutes.. At least I didn't have to throw it in the recycle can or anything.. :-)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Electronic repair Empty
PostSubject: Re: Electronic repair   Electronic repair Empty

Back to top Go down

Electronic repair
Page 1 of 1