Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

What a difference a month makes....

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
mediawatcher

PostSubject: What a difference a month makes....   Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:10 am

Last month Sen D. Fienstein (D-CA) after listening and reviewing complaints about the NSA said that the agency should continue in doing their duties and protecting our nation.

Now the senator has discovered that the agency may have 'spied' on her staff and is investigating whether laws have been broken.  Guess it's alright when the 'spying' is being done to someone else.
Back to top Go down
nochain

PostSubject: Re: What a difference a month makes....   Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:59 am

mediawatcher wrote:
Last month Sen D. Fienstein (D-CA) after listening and reviewing complaints about the NSA said that the agency should continue in doing their duties and protecting our nation.

Now the senator has discovered that the agency may have 'spied' on her staff and is investigating whether laws have been broken.  Guess it's alright when the 'spying' is being done to someone else.

She is worried her staff (and by default - her) may have broken the law in obtaining documents so you know what they say - the best defense is a good offense......she is a hypocrite.
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: What a difference a month makes....   Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:04 am

nochain wrote:
mediawatcher wrote:

She is worried her staff (and by default - her) may have broken the law in obtaining documents so you know what they say - the best defense is a good offense......she is a hypocrite.

And now she also mention a violation of the Constitution!...Look at others without reasonable suspicion or probable cause...BUT NOT MY STAFF! Washington DC and Politics must really be another world
Back to top Go down
Eric

PostSubject: Re: What a difference a month makes....   Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:11 pm

What a screw-up from the start.

As I understand it, her Senate Intelligence Committee was in a shared data partnership with the CIA and they shared sensitive computer information via a CIA search engine. Apparently, the Committee found a document that the CIA didn't want them to have and the CIA deleted it off the Committee computers. Something about a private memo to Leon Panetta.

If the CIA didn't want the Senate Intelligence Committee to see this document, why in hell did they grant the Committee access to it? It doesn't make sense.

nochain

PostSubject: Re: What a difference a month makes....   Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:09 pm

With this and many many other apparent breaches of law by government entities it's readily apparent there is no one steering the ship in D.C. More finger pointing going on up there than at an Italian Bocce festival though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What a difference a month makes....   Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:38 pm

Obama apparently thought Americans were voting for a continuation of the Bush administration when we voted for him in 2008. He should have fired everyone who worked under Bush, including the head of the spy agencies, but he did not. So they continue on with the same old garbage they did under the former POTUS.

They've done nothing but continue Bush policies now for 5 years and it's Obama's fault.

Just one more thing about him that annoys progressives like myself who thought he was really going to change things.
Back to top Go down
nochain

PostSubject: Re: What a difference a month makes....   Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:02 pm

Otter wrote:

Just one more thing about him that annoys progressives like myself who thought he was really going to change things.

Just out of idle curiosity what made you think he would be able "change" anything given his very meager (at best) experience?

He has never seriously engaged his responsibilities as President, possibly because he is in so far over his head he doesn't know which way to jump. During the initial campaign I could tell he was all talk - there isn't a person on the face of the earth who could have possibly delivered on all of his promises, at that point I recognized him as a charlatan. Nothing he has done since has changed my mind.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What a difference a month makes....   Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:14 pm

nochain wrote:
Otter wrote:

Just out of idle curiosity what made you think he would be able "change" anything given his very meager (at best) experience?

He has never seriously engaged his responsibilities as President, possibly because he is in so far over his head he doesn't know which way to jump. During the initial campaign I could tell he was all talk - there isn't a person on the face of the earth who could have possibly delivered on all of his promises, at that point I recognized him as a charlatan. Nothing he has done since has changed my mind.

I don't think Obama is in over his head at all. He's certainly not a stupid man. I think he's lazy and very afraid of screwing up and leaving a legacy of a failed presidency for any other African American who might think of running later on.
As for experience, it means very little to whoever occupies the White House because no one is prepared for that job when they enter the Oval Office doors. Judgment means a lot more than experience, and I thought it was possible Obama had that when I voted for him. Do not EVER get me wrong though- given the choice of John McCain or Mitt Romney over Barack Obama, I'd still vote for Obama in a New York Minute. McCain is dangerously mental when it comes to the issue of warfare and Mitt Romney would have been even more ineffective than Obama, IMO. I believe Obama is a weak leader but I think Romney would have been even weaker.

I think Obama has tread lightly since he's been in office and continued a lot of Bush's policies out of fear that change me may make might make things even worse. That's what I blame him for- for his weakness and lack of leadership. And I think the weakness is because of a fear of a poor legacy. He won't go down in history as a bad president but I think he'll go down in history as an insignificant one. That didn't have to be.
That's what really ticks us progressives off.
Back to top Go down
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: What a difference a month makes....   Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:34 pm

It's the rest of the politicians that have let him be what he is!! They ALL need to go during the next 2 elections..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What a difference a month makes....   Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:43 pm

Jake92 wrote:
It's the rest of the politicians that have let him be what he is!!  They ALL need to go during the next 2 elections..
\

There are definitely a lot of them that need to go. I was watching Jon Stewart talking about Cpac (or maybe it was Colbert) and whoever it was said that CPac always polls who the members want to be the next POTUS. It always seemed to be Ron Paul in the past, but whoever came in second (McCain one year and Romney four years later) is always the one who really gets the nomination. This year Rand Paul came in first, and Ted Cruz came in second. So, if things go as they have in the past, Cruz may be the nominee in 2016.

It's interesting that whoever it is, it doesn't seem to be possible for it to be one of the Pauls.
Back to top Go down
nochain

PostSubject: Re: What a difference a month makes....   Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:11 am

Otter wrote:
nochain wrote:
Otter wrote:

I don't think Obama is in over his head at all. He's certainly not a stupid man.  I think he's lazy and very afraid of screwing up and leaving a legacy of a failed presidency for any other African American who might think of running later on.
As for experience, it means very little to whoever occupies the White House because no one is prepared for that job when they enter the Oval Office doors. Judgment means a lot more than experience, and I thought it was possible Obama had that when I voted for him. Do not EVER get me wrong though- given the choice of John McCain or Mitt Romney over Barack Obama, I'd still vote for Obama in a New York Minute.  McCain is dangerously mental when it comes to the issue of warfare and Mitt Romney would have been even more ineffective than Obama, IMO.  I believe Obama is a weak leader but I think Romney would have been even weaker.

I think Obama has tread lightly since he's been in office and continued a lot of Bush's policies out of fear that change me may make might make things even worse. That's what I blame him for- for his weakness and lack of leadership. And I think the weakness is because of a fear of a poor legacy. He won't go down in history as a bad president but I think he'll go down in history as an insignificant one. That didn't have to be.

Well said - I agree McCain is too crazy for office, I felt Romney had the type of business experience needed to straighten up some of the economic mess but we'll never know if he could have at this point. He did have a reputation for being able to assess a situation and make tough decisions, that would have been a useful asset. Yes, I think "insignificant" is a good description of the BHO legacy.
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: What a difference a month makes....   Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:33 am

nochain wrote:
Otter wrote:
nochain wrote:
Otter wrote:

I don't think Obama is in over his head at all. He's certainly not a stupid man.  I think he's lazy and very afraid of screwing up and leaving a legacy of a failed presidency for any other African American who might think of running later on.
As for experience, it means very little to whoever occupies the White House because no one is prepared for that job when they enter the Oval Office doors. Judgment means a lot more than experience, and I thought it was possible Obama had that when I voted for him. Do not EVER get me wrong though- given the choice of John McCain or Mitt Romney over Barack Obama, I'd still vote for Obama in a New York Minute.  McCain is dangerously mental when it comes to the issue of warfare and Mitt Romney would have been even more ineffective than Obama, IMO.  I believe Obama is a weak leader but I think Romney would have been even weaker.

Well said - I agree McCain is too crazy for office, I felt Romney had the type of business experience needed to straighten up some of the economic mess but we'll never know if he could have at this point. He did have a reputation for being able to assess a situation and make tough decisions, that would have been a useful asset. Yes, I think "insignificant" is a good description of the BHO legacy.

Look at the issues that the cowh has been engaged in and took a leadership position. [name] cowh healthcare...agree or disagree this was his baby from the beginning and he led the way for it to be passed. Next was gay rights issues he again has been front and center in these battles from the military to states being brought to court to overturn bans on marriage rights. These issues by themselves prove that when there is an interest there is leadership demonstrated which is just another reason why the IRS, NSA, Fast and Furious, and some other scandels have occurred. It has to be a lack of interest and perhaps the people chosen to do their jobs failing to do so.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What a difference a month makes....   

Back to top Go down

What a difference a month makes....
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Everyday Pensacola :: Politics-
Jump to: