Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

1 A really goofy eBay mystery. Can anyone here solve it because I can't.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
BobW

BobW

1 A really goofy eBay mystery. Can anyone here solve it because I can't. Empty
PostSubject: 1 A really goofy eBay mystery. Can anyone here solve it because I can't.   1 A really goofy eBay mystery. Can anyone here solve it because I can't. EmptyMon Feb 10, 2014 9:23 am

The following link is a listing of completed ebay auctions.
You will see records being offered for 1 penny with free shipping.

There are two mysteries about this which stump me.

One, is why would anyone sell a record for one penny with free shipping? Even if the seller doesn't want to get anything for the record (which is goofy in itself), the seller cannot ship anything for one penny. So he's guaranteed to lose on every sale.

Two, when only one penny is paid for an item, how in the name of sense do eBay and Paypal get their fees out of one penny? Do they expect the seller to cut the penny into pieces and mail them a piece of it?

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Records-/176985/i.html?_sop=15&LH_Complete=1&rt=nc
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: 1 A really goofy eBay mystery. Can anyone here solve it because I can't.   1 A really goofy eBay mystery. Can anyone here solve it because I can't. EmptyMon Feb 10, 2014 2:13 pm

I dunno, Bob. That's weird. First two things that come to mind are 1/ Scam and 2/ Rookie eBay-er. ???
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: 1 A really goofy eBay mystery. Can anyone here solve it because I can't.   1 A really goofy eBay mystery. Can anyone here solve it because I can't. EmptyMon Feb 10, 2014 3:07 pm

Maybe it is a fishing expedition and they are getting e-mail addresses to spam out of it... and not really completing transactions.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
SheSurfs

SheSurfs

PostSubject: Re: 1 A really goofy eBay mystery. Can anyone here solve it because I can't.   1 A really goofy eBay mystery. Can anyone here solve it because I can't. EmptyTue Feb 11, 2014 10:07 am

Yes, it's phishing.

All the aphorisms come to mind…can't get something for nothing, a sucker born….
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1 A really goofy eBay mystery. Can anyone here solve it because I can't.   1 A really goofy eBay mystery. Can anyone here solve it because I can't. Empty

Back to top Go down

1 A really goofy eBay mystery. Can anyone here solve it because I can't.
Page 1 of 1