Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Amanda Knox Extradition.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Eric

Eric

Amanda Knox Extradition. Empty
PostSubject: Amanda Knox Extradition.   Amanda Knox Extradition. EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 8:50 am

I don't think she got a fair murder trial from what little I read about it and there are allegations that she wasn't treated appropriately in the Italian prison either.

But we have an extradition treaty with Italy. If the U.S. allows her to remain in the U.S. after an extradition request, on the world stage we'll appear to be arrogant and disrespectful of other nations.

It appears to me that, if we want to be able to extradite folks from other countries, we have to play by the rules.

Anybody have thoughts on this?
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
nochain

nochain

PostSubject: Re: Amanda Knox Extradition.   Amanda Knox Extradition. EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 9:09 am

The AG will have no choice, it's the same principal (supposedly) that protects our embassies and diplomats (at least in "civilized country's). They sure have been after her for awhile, I have to wonder what the real motivation is?
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Amanda Knox Extradition.   Amanda Knox Extradition. EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 11:25 am

Stickin' it to the U.S.A.?
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Amanda Knox Extradition.   Amanda Knox Extradition. EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 12:38 pm

I watched a program about her case in... ehh, it must have been 2011. From what I recall, it seemed to me that she may have been convicted (the first time) based upon her behavior -- namely the sexual behavior of a young American woman -- being extremely unpopular in the court of public opinion. I cannot say if my "take away" from the show I watched was even remotely accurate or not,  but that was the sense that I got after watching it.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Amanda Knox Extradition.   Amanda Knox Extradition. EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 12:54 pm

Amanda Knox Extradition. Amanda-knox-tweets-ftrThe Italians developed a complicated
relationship with Amanda Knox,
vilifying her as a sexually rapacious
American woman while also voting
her 2008’s “Woman of the Year” in
their version of People magazine,
praising her honey-streaked hair and
incandescent skin as “bella!” 

She's not a raving beauty, but not ugly
either.  Just average.
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Amanda Knox Extradition.   Amanda Knox Extradition. EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 2:33 pm

Right, E. There is a lot about the above quote (and general attitude) that is very confusing to me. After reading that I recall that they referred to her as Foxy Knoxy.
Back to top Go down
SheSurfs

SheSurfs

PostSubject: Re: Amanda Knox Extradition.   Amanda Knox Extradition. EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 8:09 pm

Here is my view knowing absolutely nothing about Knox. We have an extradition agreement. She had a second trial and was found guilty but I am pretty sure there is still an opportunity for appeal in the Italian court system. Trying to paint the Italians as a bunch of barbarians incapable of justice is absurd. If they find her guilty after the appeal, then she goes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Amanda Knox Extradition.   Amanda Knox Extradition. Empty

Back to top Go down

Amanda Knox Extradition.
Page 1 of 1