Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Good Job....

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

Good Job.... Empty
PostSubject: Good Job....      Good Job.... EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 7:55 am

Sheriff Joe Arpaio....bread and water for inmates that destroyed American Flag....3-2-1-.....ACLU Whining to begin...
Back to top Go down
nochain

nochain

Good Job.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Job....      Good Job.... EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 9:11 am

I can remember a few instances of sailors being confined to a ships brig on bread and water for 3 days - made believers out of them......
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

Good Job.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Job....      Good Job.... EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 9:15 am

nochain wrote:
I can remember a few instances of sailors being confined to a ships brig on bread and water for 3 days - made believers out of them......

Firsthand story there?.....Kind of like 'a friend of mine'.....In today's touchy feely..politically correct military is that even possible?...
Back to top Go down
nochain

nochain

Good Job.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Job....      Good Job.... EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 9:19 am

mediawatcher wrote:
nochain wrote:

Firsthand story there?.....Kind of like 'a friend of mine'.....

"Once upon a time" or TINS.......
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

Good Job.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Job....      Good Job.... EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 9:31 am

nochain wrote:
mediawatcher wrote:
nochain wrote:

Firsthand story there?.....Kind of like 'a friend of mine'.....

"Once upon a time" or TINS.......

Today....the offender would hold up his/her red card and be granted a time out to cool off.....it's a different world alright...
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

Good Job.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Job....      Good Job.... EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 1:02 pm

mediawatcher wrote:
    Sheriff Joe Arpaio....bread and water for inmates that destroyed American Flag....3-2-1-.....ACLU Whining to begin...

Good for him. We need more like him.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

Good Job.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Job....      Good Job.... EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 4:36 pm

I'm wondering if they're feeding them "Loafs". It is a mixmash of garbage formed into a loaf.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

Good Job.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Job....      Good Job.... EmptyTue Jan 28, 2014 5:21 am

riceme wrote:
mediawatcher wrote:

Watched some talk shows and the liberal pundits were going crazy...they made it sound as if they were being denied their right to eat for no reason and questioned why the people of Az keep electing him...maybe it's because he runs the jail like a jail and not a countryclub...In interviews from inmates and former inmates there was one common thread...don't want to go to jail there again---another reason Joe's been a six term sheriff.....
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

Good Job.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Job....      Good Job.... EmptyTue Jan 28, 2014 8:31 am

mediawatcher wrote:
riceme wrote:
mediawatcher wrote:

Watched some talk shows and the liberal pundits were going crazy...they made it sound as if they were being denied their right to eat for no reason and questioned why the people of Az keep electing him...maybe it's because he runs the jail like a jail and not a countryclub...In interviews from inmates and former inmates there was one common thread...don't want to go to jail there again---another reason Joe's been a six term sheriff.....

But they're not being denied the right to eat... they are eating: bread. 

Eric, I would bet that they're being fed white bread, but you could be right.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

Good Job.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Job....      Good Job.... EmptyTue Jan 28, 2014 10:09 am

From Wikipedia:

Quote :
Nutraloaf, sometimes called prison loaf, disciplinary loaf, food loaf, confinement loaf, seg loaf, or special management meal,[1] is a food served in United States prisons to inmates who have demonstrated significant behavioral issues.[2] It is similar to meatloaf in texture, but has a wider variety of ingredients. Prisoners may be served nutraloaf if they have assaulted prison guards or fellow prisoners. Prison loaf is usually bland, perhaps even unpleasant, but prison wardens argue that nutraloaf provides enough nutrition to keep prisoners healthy without requiring utensils to be issued.[3]
Back to top Go down

Good Job.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Job....      Good Job.... EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 6:57 pm

Apparently I'm the only person on here who thinks sheriff Joe should be put on a bread and water diet himself for all the civil rights violations he's committed through the years.

Destroying an American flag- that's a POLITICAL crime folks. I can't believe that real Americans would advocate putting anyone on a bread and water diet because of a political crime. I guess some folks don't much care if we become Cuba or the Soviet Union or not.

And that's how we will become just like those nations. Not through war but through uber-patriotic fervor that punishes human beings for political crimes.

Thank God only 25% of the people in this country think like that and that their numbers are shrinking every year.

I've been ignoring my renewal notice to the ACLU. I'm thinking I'd better go ahead and write out that $30 check as long as this kind of behavior is still going on in America.
Back to top Go down
Jake92

Good Job.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Job....      Good Job.... EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 7:52 pm

They are in jail for a reason, they broke the laws are being punished for as long as the judge and jury of their peers decided..
Back to top Go down
nochain

nochain

Good Job.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Job....      Good Job.... EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 7:28 am

Destruction of government property is a crime, regardless of the object destroyed. If they weren't incarcerated and went out and bought a flag and destroyed it then the "political statement" argument might be valid. Even the ACLU says the punishment is not illegal. LMAO!!!!!
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

Good Job.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Job....      Good Job.... EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 7:39 am

nochain wrote:
Destruction of government property is a crime, regardless of the object destroyed. If they weren't incarcerated and went out and bought a flag and destroyed it then the "political statement" argument might be valid. Even the ACLU says the punishment is not illegal. LMAO!!!!!

It's funny that some would immediately take the side of incarcerated prisoners over a sheriff that's doing his job as elected six times by the citizens....a big majority SUPPORT this sheriff... and as of this time has he been charged/convicted/removed from office for violating civil rights?...So that point is nonesense....the federal government has investigated this man for enforcing the laws of the state and throughout all these investigations (witch hunts) Sheriff Arpaio is still standing...He's investigated for doing his job and yet there are mayors...governors etc., that support...condone sanctuary cities for illegal individuals and even the highest law enforcement officer of the land has ordered the federal agencies NOT to enforce immigration laws...So explain who's wrong?...Those sheriffs on the border that took an oath to uphold and enforce the laws and other politicians that took a similar oath and have made a choice as to which laws they choose to enforce?...Seems pretty clear....
Back to top Go down

Good Job.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Job....      Good Job.... EmptySat Feb 01, 2014 6:27 pm

nochain wrote:

It's been a long time since I've heard of any prison putting prisoners on a "bread and water" diet for any crime, let alone the political crime of destroying an American flag. FYI, it's not a crime to destroy an American flag. It is supposed to be done when a flag is old and tattered.  There's a good deal of disrespect being shown to the flag all over Pensacola due to the number of houses with worn, faded and tattered flags flying on their doorsteps.

If you  have one, take it down, burn it and replace it.  Otherwise you're showing the same disrespect the prisoners in Sheriff Joe's jail did. And why the heck did he put an American Flag in every cell? What a waste of taxpayer's money- my guess is that some of the inmates were from other countries and he did it to intimidate or annoy them. I'm glad I'm not a taxpayer in his state and didn't have to fund such a waste of my money. A flag inside and one outside a jail is certainly enough to show what government the prison exists under.

Sheriff Joe is a THUG, far more of one than Richard Sherman could ever be considered. He has a history of treating prisoners far worse than they are in other facilities around the country.  He is not a friend of the ACLU, and IMO, he doesn't know squat about constitutional law or the rulings of the Supreme Court over the last 100 years.

Also, kindly don't spin it that the ACLU thinks this is okay. This is a line from the article about the punishments:

It's certainly not illegal, but what he is doing is bad policy,'' Pochoda told Reuters. “It's just another vindictive policy that has nothing to do with running a good jail system."\

The good sheriff is also still being sued by the Department of Justice for numerous Civil Rights violations through the years. He ain't no saint. And they have certainly not completed their investigations of him.

As for their other crimes, they were NOT sentenced by a judge to a bread and water diet. They were sentenced to prison for other reasons.
Personally, I've read many stories through the years about the great Sheriff Joe that make me think he's nothing but a moronic, thuggish bully with a uniform.
He's no example for the law enforcement officers in this country to follow.
Back to top Go down

Good Job.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Job....      Good Job.... EmptySat Feb 01, 2014 6:42 pm

BTW, this sheriff has also cost the taxpayers of his county millions and millions of dollars which have been the results of successful lawsuits against him alleging civil rights violations.

Here's just a little summary of the money they have wasted because they continue to elect this thug:

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/story/24558165/2014/01/27/maricopa-county-sheriff-lawsuits-cost-taxpayers-millions

The citizens of Arizona aren't too bright, IMO, to keep shelling out to pay for this guys thuggery.
But then their voting record shows me that anyway.
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

Good Job.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Job....      Good Job.... EmptyMon Feb 03, 2014 7:38 am

Jake92 wrote:
They are in jail for a reason, they broke the laws are being punished for as long as the judge and jury of their peers decided..

Guess some believe that destroying property is a 'political crime'....You are correct they made the decision(s) that placed them in jail...and if the behavior in jail is unacceptable well once again they made the decision(s)...
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

Good Job.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Job....      Good Job.... EmptyMon Feb 03, 2014 7:42 am

nochain wrote:

affraid affraid affraid  That really had to be explained?...That's sad.....It's sad that some believe the prisoners have more rights and live in better conditions than homeless...medical needing veterans that served their nation...Maybe the homeless vets would appreciate three squares a day...free medical...weightrooms/exercise areas and tv's...
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

Good Job.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Job....      Good Job.... EmptyMon Feb 03, 2014 8:51 am

Regardless of the "crime" committed, if the prisoners are being fed standard white bread, nutritional requirements are not being met.

White bread does not contain vitamin C, for instance. If the prisoners are fed this diet continuously, they'll have scurvy within six months (if the article I read a couple of days ago is correct).

I guess Arpaio could throw em a half rotten orange once a week, though.

Do I want prisoners to enjoy their stay at the government Hilton? Nope. I say their experience should be humane, but no TV or other conveniences. Feed em that damn tasteless Loaf I keep reading about. It is something the prisoners hate, but it is nutritionally complete. Prison should be enough of a nightmare where inmates DO NOT want to return.
Back to top Go down
nochain

nochain

Good Job.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Job....      Good Job.... EmptyMon Feb 03, 2014 9:02 am

Eric wrote:
Regardless of the "crime" committed, if the prisoners are being fed standard white bread, nutritional requirements are not being met.

White bread does not contain vitamin C, for instance.  If the prisoners are fed this diet continuously, they'll have scurvy within six months (if the article I read a couple of days ago is correct).

Do I want prisoners to enjoy their stay at the government Hilton?  Nope.  I say their experience should be humane, but no TV or other conveniences.  Feed em that damn tasteless Loaf I keep reading about.  It is something the prisoners hate, but it is nutritionally complete.  Prison should be enough of a nightmare where inmates DO NOT want to return.

I'm thinking MRE's! Maybe they are better now but when I was handed an MRE to eat many years ago when in the Navy I generally just didn't eat. Most of the operations I went on lasted just a few days at a time and I could generally scrounge up something other than the MRE....or trade the coffee pack for somewhat edible portions. I was given 3 MREs when I flew out with my team to Desert Storm and still had 2 in my pack when I came back. One got me through until we were set up on a converted oil rig for the duration. The only good part was the little bottle of Tabasco sauce.
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

Good Job.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Job....      Good Job.... EmptyMon Feb 03, 2014 9:59 am

nochain wrote:
Eric wrote:

White bread does not contain vitamin C, for instance.  If the prisoners are fed this diet continuously, they'll have scurvy within six months (if the article I read a couple of days ago is correct).

Do I want prisoners to enjoy their stay at the government Hilton?  Nope.  I say their experience should be humane, but no TV or other conveniences.  Feed em that damn tasteless Loaf I keep reading about.  It is something the prisoners hate, but it is nutritionally complete.  Prison should be enough of a nightmare where inmates DO NOT want to return.

I'm thinking MRE's! Maybe they are better now but when I was handed an MRE to eat many years ago when in the Navy I generally just didn't eat. Most of the operations I went on lasted just a few days at a time and I could generally scrounge up something other than the MRE....or trade the coffee pack for somewhat edible portions. I was given 3 MREs when I flew out with my team to Desert Storm and still had 2 in my pack when I came back. One got me through until we were set up on a converted oil rig for the duration. The only good part was the little bottle of Tabasco sauce.

Easy solution....don't do crap that can get you sent to jail. #2 Don't do crap in Maricopa County because you ain't gonna like the accomodations....The C Rations were no better back in the day...but if our troops can use them and it's not inhumane then let the prisoners have attem....Got to be a lot of leftover ham and eggs C-Rations because don't know anyone that ate them...How about all those that think a short time on bread and water is violating their rights...send them your money to buy them better meals...kind of like the folks that complain about people not paying enough taxes...haven't seen a list of those that are volunteering to pay more out of their pockets...or better letum do their time at your house so that their rights are protected...
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

Good Job.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Job....      Good Job.... EmptyMon Feb 03, 2014 11:39 am

Along that line of reasoning, why feed them at all? Arpaio would save a bunch of money if he just didn't feed them. Why stop there? Why not keep them naked and save the money on buying prison garb?

It is the law that requires feeding prisoners a balanced diet. Are you saying that Arpaio should violate the law to suit his whims?

I am not advocating the pampering of prisoners. I say make prison a place where prisoners will not want to return. Feed em a balanced diet, but it doesn't have to taste good.

Why get personal about "send them your money" and "letup do time at your house"? Nobody here is advocating the pampering of prisoners. This ain't the ACLU.

Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

Good Job.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Job....      Good Job.... EmptyMon Feb 03, 2014 3:16 pm

Eric wrote:
Along that line of reasoning, why feed them at all?  Arpaio would save a bunch of money if he just didn't feed them.  Why stop there?  Why not keep them naked and save the money on buying prison garb?  

It is the law that requires feeding prisoners a balanced diet.  Are you saying that Arpaio should violate the law to suit his whims?

I am not advocating the pampering of prisoners.  I say make prison a place where prisoners will not want to return.  Feed em a balanced diet, but it doesn't have to taste good.

Why get personal about "send them your money" and "letup do time at your house"?  Nobody here is advocating the pampering of prisoners.  This ain't the ACLU.

Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

Good Job.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Job....      Good Job.... EmptyMon Feb 03, 2014 3:34 pm

"I say make prison a place where pisoners will not want to return"....Isn't that exactly what's being complained about?....Only a few were punished well within the law for criminal violation...the punishment was handled and if successful those involved have learned their lesson...Don't believe you (eric) were the one that was balls to the wall against Sheriff Joe...you weren't the one that made claim about the civil rights violations against the sheriff...There have been those that have charged Arpaio because of housing in tents...color of prison uniforms...no tv's....no coffee....some of the same complained about the sheriff's office enforcing immigration laws....laws that are on the books that the feds have chosen to ignore...of course if any sheriff violates law to suit his whims is violating the law...but if this sheriff in question is enforcing laws on the book and the highest law enforcement officer tells feds not to enforce laws...is that an example of violating his oath of office?...The mayors and governors that allow sactuary cities...aren't they making a choice?...How many of them have been investigated?...Agree that if the laws are changed or taken off the books then there is no argument...but to condemn not just sheriff Arpaio but other border sheriffs and allowing free passes to those that aren't upholding their constitutional obligations doesn't make any sense whatsoever...
Back to top Go down
Jake92

Good Job.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Job....      Good Job.... EmptyMon Feb 03, 2014 5:06 pm

I think the law enforcement officers and judges NOT dioing their jobs should be put in prison if the crimes they did are felonies and fined enough that they will never think of breaking another law.. If it involves politics, the politician should be under the same exact laws as the common citizens, like the consitution says they are.. WHY are child molesters still in the senate? WHY are drug abusers still in the senate? WHY are inside traders still in the senate?
Joe Arpaio is one of the FEW sheriffs that are upholding the laws he was elected to uphold..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Good Job.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Job....      Good Job.... Empty

Back to top Go down

Good Job....
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next