Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 2013 Stellar year for stock market!!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: 2013 Stellar year for stock market!!!!   Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:40 pm

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/tsx-up-9-dow-up-26-in-stellar-2013-for-stocks-1.2480265


God, don't you just HATE this Obama economy?

Manufacturing up, unemployment down, and the stock market soaring. And the economies overseas in London, in Germany and in Japan are also doing much better than they were a couple of years ago.

Cue the naysayers.....
Back to top Go down
Eric

avatar

Posts : 9735
Join date : 2012-07-30
Age : 66
Location : Hoover, AL & Pensacola when I'm lucky

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Stellar year for stock market!!!!   Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:41 pm

Yeah, but Obama lied about chopping down the cherry tree  jocolor 

_________________
Ideas are funny little things, they won't work unless you do.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: 2013 Stellar year for stock market!!!!   Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:19 pm

Eric wrote:
Yeah, but Obama lied about chopping down the cherry tree   jocolor 

LOL- I don't doubt that he would.
But the economy is purring right along.
Back to top Go down
nochain

avatar

Posts : 2888
Join date : 2013-04-24

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Stellar year for stock market!!!!   Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:53 am

Certainly this has been a good year for corporations and wealthy investors but not so good for the average American. Stagnant wages and a sputtering employment picture indicate things aren't where they should be yet. No easy answers out there and no real reason to tootle about a small segment of the population either.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: 2013 Stellar year for stock market!!!!   Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:13 pm

I'm not just tooting about the wealthy. The report said there are more jobs opening in manufacturing, which isn't just lifting the upper class higher. Also, the stock market doing well is good for any Americans who have a 401K where they work. That's a lot of middle class folks whose retirement funds are growing instead of decreasing like they did during the last couple of years of Bush's administration.

I know most folks on here won't give Obama any credit, but I suspect if a Republican was in office there would be a lot more congratulating going on.
Back to top Go down
nochain

avatar

Posts : 2888
Join date : 2013-04-24

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Stellar year for stock market!!!!   Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:35 am

Otter wrote:


I know most folks on here won't give Obama any credit, but I suspect if a Republican was in office there would be a lot more congratulating going on.

LOL! What, exactly, can any President personally do to move the stock market up or down?
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

avatar

Posts : 3139
Join date : 2013-08-07

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Stellar year for stock market!!!!   Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:20 pm

Otter wrote:
http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/tsx-up-9-dow-up-26-in-stellar-2013-for-stocks-1.2480265


God, don't you just HATE this Obama economy?

Manufacturing up, unemployment down, and the stock market soaring. And the economies overseas in London, in Germany and in Japan are also doing much better than they were a couple of years ago.

Cue the naysayers.....

Didn't the cowh and the democrats lead the charge against Wall Street?......
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: 2013 Stellar year for stock market!!!!   Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:18 pm

mediawatcher wrote:
Otter wrote:
http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/tsx-up-9-dow-up-26-in-stellar-2013-for-stocks-1.2480265


God, don't you just HATE this Obama economy?

Manufacturing up, unemployment down, and the stock market soaring. And the economies overseas in London, in Germany and in Japan are also doing much better than they were a couple of years ago.

Cue the naysayers.....

    Didn't the cowh and the democrats lead the charge against Wall Street?......


What "charge against Wall Street?" I haven't seen any of the execs of the major banks in jail and not too many wall street big wigs either. And btw, the COWH is also the POTUS so he belongs there.
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

avatar

Posts : 3139
Join date : 2013-08-07

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Stellar year for stock market!!!!   Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:44 pm

Otter wrote:
I'm not just tooting about the wealthy. The report said there are more jobs opening in manufacturing, which isn't just lifting the upper class higher. Also, the stock market doing well is good for any Americans who have a 401K where they work.  That's a lot of middle class folks whose retirement funds are growing instead of decreasing like they did during the last couple of years of Bush's administration.

I know most folks on here won't give Obama any credit, but I suspect if a Republican was in office there would be a lot more congratulating going on.

70% of NEW jobs......part time....Careful patting yourself on the back.....For the record ALL administrations have and will continue to use numbers that will make them look the best....take off the blinders and quit slopping up the kool aid....If all those that have given up on finding a job...some experts say a more accurate number for unemployment would be 10% plus....It's just too bad that we can never fully get an unfiltered report with some thruthfulness...
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: 2013 Stellar year for stock market!!!!   Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:39 pm

First of all, I don't see a link about 70% of all new jobs being part time, however, if you are correct, a part time job is better than no job at all. And if what you say is true (I've got on evidence yet), it is because of companies not wanting to hire workers full time because they will then have to pay out more benefits to those workers. Leading corporations in the US have used that ploy for years to get out of paying their fair share in assisting their workers towards having a decent life and being able to move up into the middle class. That's not Obama's fault, it's the fault of greedy corporations. I expect the Obama bashers to see a huge cloud over every piece of good news that comes out of this Administration though. And guess what- you guys never disappoint me in my expectations.
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

avatar

Posts : 3139
Join date : 2013-08-07

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Stellar year for stock market!!!!   Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:55 am

nochain wrote:
Otter wrote:


I know most folks on here won't give Obama any credit, but I suspect if a Republican was in office there would be a lot more congratulating going on.

LOL! What, exactly, can any President personally do to move the stock market up or down?

That is FUNNY if not just ignorant to the facts...Some have selective memories about recent history...don't remember much 'congratulating' going on when there was MINIMAL growth and yet now it's applauded...The Unions are very happy with the creation of all these part time jobs....
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

avatar

Posts : 3139
Join date : 2013-08-07

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Stellar year for stock market!!!!   Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:02 am

Otter wrote:
First of all, I don't see a link about 70% of all new jobs being part time, however, if you are correct, a part time job is better than no job at all.  And if what you say is true (I've got on evidence yet), it is because of companies not wanting to hire workers full time because they will then have to pay out more benefits to those workers. Leading corporations in the US have used that ploy for years to get out of paying their fair share in assisting their workers towards having a decent life and being able to move up into the middle class. That's not Obama's fault, it's the fault of greedy corporations. I expect the Obama bashers to see a huge cloud over every piece of good news that comes out of this Administration though. And guess what- you guys never disappoint me in my expectations.

      Apologies to the defender to the cowh...my error....The headline actually stated:  75% of Jobs Created this Year were Part Time due to Weak Economy and [name] cowh Healthcare....It was a Rueters Story and it has to be TRUE because it was on the Huff&Puff Site!....Hardly a conservative/right wing group....USA-Many New Jobs are Part Time and Low Paying---Part Time Job Creation Massively outpaces Full Time Jobs under [name] cowh....Other articles suggest that the part time jobs created range between 77% to 88%...It's easy to find these stats IF anyone is willing to take the blinders off and look....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: 2013 Stellar year for stock market!!!!   

Back to top Go down
 
2013 Stellar year for stock market!!!!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Everyday Pensacola :: Politics-
Jump to: