Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Illegal immigrants WIN....Vets Lose.....

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

Illegal immigrants WIN....Vets Lose..... Empty
PostSubject: Illegal immigrants WIN....Vets Lose.....    Illegal immigrants WIN....Vets Lose..... EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 7:06 am

Senate Democrats blocked a vote on an amendment to prevent veteran/retiree cuts by closing a welfare loophole for illegal immigrants...So illegals can get welfare and Veterans that are Legal and served...were promised...and actually contribute to society get their incomes cut!  The Democrats must be so proud of themselves....ALL that supported this legislation should removed from office and have their retirements cut....ZERO Senate republicans supported the Ryan/Murray Budget deal....
Back to top Go down
nochain

nochain

PostSubject: Re: Illegal immigrants WIN....Vets Lose.....    Illegal immigrants WIN....Vets Lose..... EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 8:06 am

These boneheads wait until the last minute to come up with these spending bills so there is no time to offer alternatives. The Senate is now officially as dysfunctional as the House. The progressives certainly don't want those pitiful illegals to lose any tax payer money - the sad part is veterans who have already sacrificed now will see less money coming in while knowing their tax dollars are going instead to illegals. What a country......
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: Illegal immigrants WIN....Vets Lose.....    Illegal immigrants WIN....Vets Lose..... EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 8:35 am

nochain wrote:
These boneheads wait until the last minute to come up with these spending bills so there is no time to offer alternatives. The Senate is now officially as dysfunctional as the House. The progressives certainly don't want those pitiful illegals to lose any tax payer money - the sad part is veterans who have already sacrificed now will see less money coming in while knowing their tax dollars are going instead to illegals. What a country......

There are some reports that are claiming that disabled vets are not excluded from the cuts....Florida's Senators....Nelson Yes....Rubio NO.....McCain Yes---a veteran/hero that should know better!....
Back to top Go down
nochain

nochain

PostSubject: Re: Illegal immigrants WIN....Vets Lose.....    Illegal immigrants WIN....Vets Lose..... EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 8:42 am

mediawatcher wrote:
nochain wrote:

There are some reports that are claiming that disabled vets are not excluded from the cuts....Florida's Senators....Nelson Yes....Rubio NO.....McCain Yes---a veteran/hero that should know better!....

They will continue to chip away at military benefits until there is no reason for someone to want to stay until retirement.
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: Illegal immigrants WIN....Vets Lose.....    Illegal immigrants WIN....Vets Lose..... EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 9:15 am

nochain wrote:
mediawatcher wrote:
nochain wrote:

They will continue to chip away at military benefits until there is no reason for someone to want to stay until retirement.

Too bad their perks...retirements...pay aren't chipped away at...
Back to top Go down
Surfnrg

Surfnrg

PostSubject: Re: Illegal immigrants WIN....Vets Lose.....    Illegal immigrants WIN....Vets Lose..... EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 2:05 pm

In fairness-

Civilian federal jobs have seen cut after cut after cut, snap has been cut 40 percent, EUC was not renewed, ss raises due to inflation have been cut.

This bill reduced retired military benefits INCREASES due to inflation by one percent less than the inflation rate for those retirees UNDER 62.

The Democratic controlled house passed this mini budget deal in record time.

It is not that great a "cut" cmon one percent less than the inflation rate per year for those under 62, wow you would think the sky s falling lol

This is a no spin zone.
Back to top Go down
nochain

nochain

PostSubject: Re: Illegal immigrants WIN....Vets Lose.....    Illegal immigrants WIN....Vets Lose..... EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 2:47 pm

Surfnrg wrote:
In fairness-

Civilian federal jobs have seen cut after cut after cut, snap has been cut 40 percent, EUC was not renewed, ss raises due to inflation have been cut.

This bill reduced retired military benefits INCREASES due to inflation by one percent less than the inflation rate for those retirees UNDER 62.

The Democratic controlled house passed this mini budget deal in record time.

It is not that great a "cut" cmon one percent less than the inflation rate per year for those under 62, wow you would think the sky s falling lol

This is a no spin zone.

Yes, it should be a "No Spin" zone.

SNAP benefits expired after a temporary increase, the proposed $40B cut, separate from that, was to occur over ten years (it wasn't cut 40%). The expiration of the temporary increase resulted in this:

Illegal immigrants WIN....Vets Lose..... 10-24-13fa-f1-infocus

The problem with the decrease in military COLA $'s is in the compounding - sure 1% doesn't sound like much but compounded over say, 20 years given the young age some military can retire, it adds up to a significant amount.

As for federal worker cuts I haven't heard my two civil service relatives complaining - I know there is some movement toward making future federal employees pay more into their retirement accounts but that benefits them, not illegal immigrants like the cut to COLA for the military.

BTW, the Republicans control the House.
Back to top Go down
Surfnrg

Surfnrg

PostSubject: Re: Illegal immigrants WIN....Vets Lose.....    Illegal immigrants WIN....Vets Lose..... EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 2:52 pm

Oops thanks that was my point about the house. The republicans passed this in the house so to spin it is all democrats is just that.

It is still NO BIG DEAL...imo
Back to top Go down
nochain

nochain

PostSubject: Re: Illegal immigrants WIN....Vets Lose.....    Illegal immigrants WIN....Vets Lose..... EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 3:06 pm

Surfnrg wrote:
Oops thanks that was my point about the house. The republicans passed this in the house so to spin it is all democrats is just that.

Actually it was the Dem leadership in the Senate that refused a compromise amendment. I could swallow the COLA decrease easier if it had been accompanied by closing the illegal immigrant loophole in the tax code. And believe me, I have no respect at all for the R controlled house either - they have failed the American public by not crushing the teabagger obstructionists long ago....
Back to top Go down
Surfnrg

Surfnrg

PostSubject: Re: Illegal immigrants WIN....Vets Lose.....    Illegal immigrants WIN....Vets Lose..... EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 3:18 pm

I agree about. The immigration wondering. If that. Will be tied to renewing EUC in January.

Also on immigration doesn't one member of. The. Household have to have a valid ss number?
Back to top Go down
Surfnrg

Surfnrg

PostSubject: Re: Illegal immigrants WIN....Vets Lose.....    Illegal immigrants WIN....Vets Lose..... EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 3:19 pm

I wish the news media would jus report the damn news for a change......without all the sensationalism.
Back to top Go down
nochain

nochain

PostSubject: Re: Illegal immigrants WIN....Vets Lose.....    Illegal immigrants WIN....Vets Lose..... EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 3:27 pm

Surfnrg wrote:
I wish the news media would jus report the damn news for a change......without all the sensationalism.

My preferred media sources:

Reuters
BBC
NY Times
Washington Times
Washington Post
NW FL Daily News

Looking at all these and seeing the different viewpoints is useful to me. I think a little kernel of truth slips through occasionally but who really knows?

People can keep the infotainer talking heads on "news" television.

Illegal immigrants WIN....Vets Lose..... Tumblr_lxvoateGHl1qbshoco2_500
Back to top Go down
Surfnrg

Surfnrg

PostSubject: Re: Illegal immigrants WIN....Vets Lose.....    Illegal immigrants WIN....Vets Lose..... EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 3:32 pm

The BBC is great and gives us a perspective of how. The world views us
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: Illegal immigrants WIN....Vets Lose.....    Illegal immigrants WIN....Vets Lose..... EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 7:11 am

nochain wrote:
Surfnrg wrote:

Actually it was the Dem leadership in the Senate that refused a compromise amendment. I could swallow the COLA decrease easier if it had been accompanied by closing the illegal immigrant loophole in the tax code. And believe me, I have no respect at all for the R controlled house either - they have failed the American public by not crushing the teabagger obstructionists long ago....

And that's been the problem all along....there is NO excuse...explanation or defense of cutting military retirees and still pumping money into 'ILLEGAL' immigrants' welfare programs...A cola freeze/cut may be necessary but to continue with wasteful spending is disgraceful....It's a hypocritical to blame the 'teabaggers' for this problem...did this kind of nonesense suddenly begin with the election of Tea Party members?....Further check the records of some of the tea party affiliated candidates with their voting records and see if they've been honest with their votes and their campaign promises...The tea party seems to be more of a target to the establishment (used to be called County Club) republicans that would be more like democrats than democrats....The problem is and will remain to be career politicians from both parties that see nothing but attempting to keep their power and elected positions rather than doing their jobs...The only difference between the tea party on the right and the radicals on the left is the way that the media chooses to cover them...If the thought is that the tea party is dangerous you'd better look around and see how this administration is and has governed from the beginning!...Lastly...it's funny that some complain about the tea party but it wasn't so long ago that this administration and the democrats really created and embraced the 'occupy movement' as a challange to the tea party...how'd that work out?...In the case of retiree benefits cut and illegals getting billions in welfare...much rather side with those that feel this is wrong over those that want to try and be politically correct...Folks that served and sacrificed deserve much better from a governenment that has now lied to them....this wasn't a tea party or conservative reccommendation....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Illegal immigrants WIN....Vets Lose.....    Illegal immigrants WIN....Vets Lose..... Empty

Back to top Go down

Illegal immigrants WIN....Vets Lose.....
Page 1 of 1