Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Anyone have experience using Stub Hub

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
stormwatch89

stormwatch89

Anyone have experience using Stub Hub Empty
PostSubject: Anyone have experience using Stub Hub   Anyone have experience using Stub Hub EmptySun Nov 10, 2013 6:38 am

I did a dummie when my enthusiasm took over my good sense and bought 4 tickets through Stub Hub without knowing much about them.

Only after I "got " them did I begin to explore more fully.

Seller does not yet have the tickets but has sold them based on section, row and all being together.

They go on sale (general) Nov. 18 but he can't deliver them until 2 days prior to the concert (Feb 9).
Why not? RED FLAG

Stub Hub guarantees them or will replace with equal or better tickets, OR A REFUND.

They cannot be cancelled.

We're flying to the concert, so a refund after buying plane tickets is hardly a solution.

Good grief, I'm gonna worry for the next 2 months.

Anyone knowing anything, I'd appreciate your input.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have experience using Stub Hub   Anyone have experience using Stub Hub EmptySun Nov 10, 2013 8:45 am

Never done business with them.

That sounds like an ulcer in the making. But don't fret... it'll be okay. That timeline does suck, though.

Who are you going to see, Stormy?

We have tickets for the Eagles in Birmingham on Monday a week from now. We're looking forward to it.

We also have paid for next Hangout Festival in Gulf Shores. We attended the last two of them. The Hangout Festival is a lot of fun and extremely well organized and the layout is surprisingly compact, considering the number of stages.

We have been to the last two Mobile Bayfests and it sucks in comparison to the Hangout Fest. It is spread out too wide with many blocks between some stages and food vendors almost nonexistent. The groups are a step down as well, but we did enjoy Wet Willie this year.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
stormwatch89

stormwatch89

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have experience using Stub Hub   Anyone have experience using Stub Hub EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 9:00 am

Ah, a fellow groupie?

Good News! I just got notice that the tickets have been sent.........whoo hoo! I got so freaked I bought another set in the nosebleed section just as backup, but can now sell them, I think.

Going to see Paul Simon and Sting in Dallas. I've seen Simon a hundred times, but think it could be pretty amazing coupled with Sting......we'll see.

Have fun tonight, Eric!
Back to top Go down
Ghost Rider
Admin
Ghost Rider

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have experience using Stub Hub   Anyone have experience using Stub Hub EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 10:30 am

I like Eric have never used Stub Hub. When I buy tickets online I use Ticket Master.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have experience using Stub Hub   Anyone have experience using Stub Hub EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 12:16 pm

Just today, while I was reading the Seattle Pi (newspaper) comics, I saw an ad for Paul Simon and Sting tickets... presumably they are playing there as well. I thought - Damn! That would be a good one.

Congratulations on scoring the tickets, Stormy!

Anyone have experience using Stub Hub Giphy
Back to top Go down
stormwatch89

stormwatch89

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have experience using Stub Hub   Anyone have experience using Stub Hub EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 8:49 am

They came yesterday and look real!!!!

Apparently what they do, GR is just broker.  These are marked Ticketmaster and natch I paid a lot more for them than through Ticketmaster.  Determined to see this concert, though, I ordered 2 sets and can turn around and sell the extras through Stub Hub.  I guess it's not awful if you're determined and somewhat stupid in the process.  Smile

Eric, your description of the Eagles sounds awesome!!!!

Glad you got to go and come back safely.

I don't remember obtaining tickets being so difficult when I was a young whippersnapper, do you?
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have experience using Stub Hub   Anyone have experience using Stub Hub EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 10:17 am

Whatever happened to showing up a little early and buying them at the door? Sheesh!

Now we pay convenience charges, shipping & handling, etc. etc. etc.
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have experience using Stub Hub   Anyone have experience using Stub Hub EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 1:10 pm

I'm with you all. I don't like the new system. I wanna go back in time. Pretty please, sugar on top??
Back to top Go down
stormwatch89

stormwatch89

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have experience using Stub Hub   Anyone have experience using Stub Hub EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 8:28 am

riceme wrote:
I'm with you all. I don't like the new system. I wanna go back in time. Pretty please, sugar on top??
Gosh, me too girl, and my back in time is backer than yours!Sad 
Back to top Go down
stormwatch89

stormwatch89

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have experience using Stub Hub   Anyone have experience using Stub Hub EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 8:33 am

Up date on ticket brokers:

I got unnerved again and bought more "nosebleed" seats as a backup.

Well, both sets of tickets have arrived..........cool.

But, neither set looks like the other although both have Ticketmaster stamped on top. Went to the Ticketmaster site only to find they won't authenticate brokered tickets.

The brokers say to bring the phone numbers with you and if you can't get in, to call and they will either get you in or refund your money.

Geez..........would NOT recommend brokers!

Wish us luck!
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have experience using Stub Hub   Anyone have experience using Stub Hub EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 10:48 am

That sounds like a nightmare, Stormy. Music is super important to me... I'd be frantic, lol :-o
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have experience using Stub Hub   Anyone have experience using Stub Hub Empty

Back to top Go down

Anyone have experience using Stub Hub
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Everyday Pensacola :: Misc :: Members Helping Members-
Jump to: