Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

15 Democrat Senators....

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

15 Democrat Senators.... Empty
PostSubject: 15 Democrat Senators....    15 Democrat Senators.... EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 5:45 am

Go the White House in an attempt to get the cowh to push back his healthcare mandates/penalties possibly until March '14 or later....Could it be that these 15 up for re-election don't want to go home and face the folks over this mess?..These elected officials voted for this healthcare and suddenly they don't want to be put in a position to explain or defend this wonderful program?...Maybe they don't want to explain why they are exempt (along with others) from following the law of the land that they voted for....These guys get the letters/e-mails from unhappy voters and will circle the wagons to save their power/positions....These are the actions of career politicians that place more value on saving themselves rather than doing what was right in the first place...It will be interesting to see if the ego of the cowh will agree with a delay in order to accomodate these senators....
Back to top Go down
nochain

nochain

PostSubject: Re: 15 Democrat Senators....    15 Democrat Senators.... EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 7:56 am

I don't really see a delay coming but you never know - if they do delay it will strictly be a political decision to delay the true consequences of Oblamercare until after the next election cycle. They won't delay because they give a hoot about the average citizen that's for sure.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: 15 Democrat Senators....    15 Democrat Senators.... EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 8:29 am

I REALLY hate to say this, but I am going to vote Republican... in the hope that enough people do it to abolish Obamacare.  

Talk about an Obamanation.  This legislation sucks.

When I say that I hate to say this, I mean that I usually vote for the best candidate IMO. Saying that I am voting Republican kinda violates that premise.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: 15 Democrat Senators....    15 Democrat Senators.... EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 8:37 am

nochain wrote:
I don't really see a delay coming but you never know - if they do delay it will strictly be a political decision to delay the true consequences of Oblamercare until after the next election cycle. They won't delay because they give a hoot about the average citizen that's for sure.
Many experts and politicans predict a delay but as you've pointed out the consequences are already in full view and it would be nice if ALL Senators and HOUSE Members up for re-election had to go back to their home districts through appearances of town hall type meetings and explain their votes and why they supported or voted against [name] cowh healthcare....Further would like to see them answer why they themselves...their staffs/interns...certain corporations...businesses...unions were granted exemptions and does this mean that it isn't the law of the land for EVERYONE?....This can and will be uncomfortable to many but the people need to know prior to electing or re-electing these politicians....In very safe districts it may not matter but there are some that are and will feel the heat....
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: 15 Democrat Senators....    15 Democrat Senators.... EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 8:44 am

Eric wrote:
I REALLY hate to say this, but I am going to vote Republican... in the hope that enough people do it to abolish Obamacare.  

Talk about an Obamanation.  This legislation sucks.

When I say that I hate to say this, I mean that I usually vote for the best candidate IMO.  Saying that I am voting Republican kinda violates that premise.
But in this one situation...the democrats own this one and should be held accountable....The only democrat that's spoken honestly is Sen Max Baucas (D-Mont)...he was co-author but warned against the problems of the roll out too soon and exemptions given for Congress and political favors....But of course he's decided not to run again...The granted exemtions alone should make this UnConstitutional....Politically there may be republican supporters and they too should be held to the same level....although there has been legislation introduced that congress/staffs and interns should all meet the same mandate requirements as all Americans....Never made it to the floor of the Senate...huh?....
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: 15 Democrat Senators....    15 Democrat Senators.... EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 8:50 am

The only effective way to hold a politician accountable seems to vote 'em out of office.

As long as lobbyists and entrenched political parties are around, it will remain the status quo.
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: 15 Democrat Senators....    15 Democrat Senators.... EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 8:57 am

Eric wrote:
The only effective way to hold a politician accountable seems to vote 'em out of office.  

As long as lobbyists and entrenched political parties are around, it will remain the status quo.
Sadly the individual responsible for the mess and the exemptions was re-elected and has more time to work more 'magic'...Like the anti-gay discrimination in the workplace legislation....is this really necessary?....Aren't there discrimination laws on the books already?...Or is it now needed that EVERY group needs to have their own legislation?...
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: 15 Democrat Senators....    15 Democrat Senators.... EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 9:31 am

15 Democrat Senators.... Nq131107
Back to top Go down
nochain

nochain

PostSubject: Re: 15 Democrat Senators....    15 Democrat Senators.... EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 9:34 am

mediawatcher wrote:
Eric wrote:

Sadly the individual responsible for the mess and the exemptions was re-elected and has more time to work more 'magic'...Like the anti-gay discrimination in the workplace legislation....is this really necessary?....Aren't there discrimination laws on the books already?...Or is it now needed that EVERY  group needs to have their own legislation?...
Oblamer will continue to piddle with meaningless matters to distract his base from all the real crises.
Back to top Go down
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: 15 Democrat Senators....    15 Democrat Senators.... EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 9:41 am

I think EVERY politician running for reelection in 2014 should be voted out and the replacements told that they will be next if they continue the BS that's been going on.. That will give the rest of them 2 years to turn things around and do what's best for the country, not the ones that donate to their campaign fund..
Back to top Go down
nochain

nochain

PostSubject: Re: 15 Democrat Senators....    15 Democrat Senators.... EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 9:48 am

Jake92 wrote:
I think EVERY politician running for reelection in 2014 should be voted out and the replacements told that they will be next if they continue the BS that's been going on..  That will give the rest of them 2 years to turn things around and do what's best for the country, not the ones that donate to their campaign fund..
Amen to that.
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: 15 Democrat Senators....    15 Democrat Senators.... EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 10:03 am

Jake92 wrote:
I think EVERY politician running for reelection in 2014 should be voted out and the replacements told that they will be next if they continue the BS that's been going on..  That will give the rest of them 2 years to turn things around and do what's best for the country, not the ones that donate to their campaign fund..
Shock waves via voters to the career politicians (both parties) would certainly be a start....but it ain't gonna happen because there are too many that vote for what they can get rather than what's best for the nation...McCain is so far done but he thinks he may run in '16 and the voters in Arizona just re-elected him...Pelosi is and has been a failure and IF she has an opponent it will still be no contest....Harry Reid was re-elected last election in Nevada and look at his record especially as Senate Leader(?)...The House may see incumbants voted out but the Senate is the epitamy of the good ole boys network...career politicians are the norm there...
Back to top Go down
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: 15 Democrat Senators....    15 Democrat Senators.... EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 10:06 am

Bingo, but I said EVERY one which includes BOTH parties..
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: 15 Democrat Senators....    15 Democrat Senators.... EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 10:10 am

Jake92 wrote:
Bingo, but I said EVERY one which includes BOTH parties..  
Think the stats are that 90-95% of incumbants are returned....thus the problem....Had an opportunity for term limits but that ship sailed and the voters obviously aren't responsible/motivated enough to educate themselves on the candidates and/or their records prior to voting...
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: 15 Democrat Senators....    15 Democrat Senators.... EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 10:21 am

The whole system is based upon greed. Incumbents promise pork to influential constituents and influential constituents do their thing and influence the average voter.
Back to top Go down
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: 15 Democrat Senators....    15 Democrat Senators.... EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 10:44 am

I think the majority of the voters are fed up and are ready to change what they are pushing down our throats.. Is ANY class of people happy other than the ones that want Obama because of his race?????
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: 15 Democrat Senators....    15 Democrat Senators.... EmptyWed Nov 13, 2013 7:18 am

Eric wrote:
The whole system is based upon greed.  Incumbents promise pork to influential constituents and influential constituents do their thing and influence the average voter.
Since the daily plunge of [name] cowh healthcare...the democrat incumbant in North Carolina had enjoyed a 10-15 point lead over any other generic candidate...now she's losing by close to double digit figures to the same generic candidate...and yes she voted for and supported [name] cowh healthcare....Received a flyer yesterday in the mail about our state representative Evers...claimed that he'd abandoned his conservative principles and was seldom present to represent our area's best interests...so as many have predicted there just may be a wave of anti-incumbant feelings and just maybe voters will actually take the time and look at the records of those that are holding office and are asking for another term...
Back to top Go down
nochain

nochain

PostSubject: Re: 15 Democrat Senators....    15 Democrat Senators.... EmptyWed Nov 13, 2013 8:59 am

mediawatcher wrote:
Eric wrote:
     so as many have predicted there just may be a wave of anti-incumbant feelings and just maybe voters will actually take the time and look at the records of those that are holding office and are asking for another term...
I hope so - the current crop infesting the halls of Congress have failed to serve the country on many levels. Anyone currently in office needs to be voted out.
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: 15 Democrat Senators....    15 Democrat Senators.... EmptyWed Nov 13, 2013 9:15 am

nochain wrote:
mediawatcher wrote:
     so as many have predicted there just may be a wave of anti-incumbant feelings and just maybe voters will actually take the time and look at the records of those that are holding office and are asking for another term...
I hope so - the current crop infesting the halls of Congress have failed to serve the country on many levels. Anyone currently in office needs to be voted out.
Agree....and there are many that need to face the music for their actions...inactions etc.,...It's a little amusing that most of those that opposed the [name] cowh healthcare were just ripped apart and demonized must be having a little of the last laugh now knowing that the cowh knew three years ago that the rollout would be no where ready on his time frame and that his 'promise' of keeping your plan...your doctor was misleading...Of course getting the last laugh certainly isn't as rewarding when millions were deceived and lied to....and yet Sebelius remains in her job!...The expert hired by the administration has already said the Nov 30th deadline is not going to happen....as promised by her majesty Sebelius....And now Bubba Clinton enters the fray to pile on...well that was a political move to attempt to separate the old lady from this administration...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 15 Democrat Senators....    15 Democrat Senators.... Empty

Back to top Go down

15 Democrat Senators....
Page 1 of 1