Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Thank-you to the....

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

Thank-you to the.... Empty
PostSubject: Thank-you to the....   Thank-you to the.... EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 1:29 pm

WWII Veterans and the elected officials that stormed the WWII Memorial and broke through the barricades...What a rowdy bunch had the nerve to sing....God Bless America!...
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Thank-you to the....   Thank-you to the.... EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 9:08 pm

And carried the barricades down the street to drop 'em at the White House!
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: Thank-you to the....   Thank-you to the.... EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 4:23 am

Every politician that didn't help deserves a kick in the butt!!!
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: Thank-you to the....   Thank-you to the.... EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 10:56 am

Jake92 wrote:
Let's hope the kicking starts with the 2014 elections...
Back to top Go down
nochain

nochain

PostSubject: Re: Thank-you to the....   Thank-you to the.... EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 7:39 am

mediawatcher wrote:
Jake92 wrote:
Anyone in office needs to be kicked to the curb.
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: Thank-you to the....   Thank-you to the.... EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 8:07 am

nochain wrote:
mediawatcher wrote:
Jake92 wrote:
Another larger protest is scheduled today...all barricades should be stacked at the WH and Congress....
Back to top Go down
nochain

nochain

PostSubject: Re: Thank-you to the....   Thank-you to the.... EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 8:09 am

mediawatcher wrote:
nochain wrote:
mediawatcher wrote:
Jake92 wrote:
   Another larger protest is scheduled today...all barricades should be stacked at the WH and Congress....
I saw them carrying them away on the news, thought that was great!
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: Thank-you to the....   Thank-you to the.... EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 8:15 am

nochain wrote:
mediawatcher wrote:
nochain wrote:
mediawatcher wrote:
Jake92 wrote:
I saw them carrying them away on the news, thought that was great!
There is one other place I'd like to see those barricades stuck.....
Back to top Go down
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: Thank-you to the....   Thank-you to the.... EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 9:17 am

BOTH parties need to go..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thank-you to the....   Thank-you to the.... EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 7:49 pm

I think it's just as important that the Lincoln Memorial, the Jefferson Memorial, and the Washington monument be open as it is for the WWII or Korean veteran's monuments to open.

I am a little skeptical about the demonstrations at the veterans memorials in Washington right now, because all the protesting seemed to end at the White House instead of in front of Congress where the real problem lies. Hey, the president is still working folks, it's Congress that has shut down the government. This is not a "both parties are to blame" situation. Polls show that most Americans realize that.

My suspicions are that this is a Republican organized protest intended to make the president look like the ogre in a situation where I do not believe he is to blame.
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: Thank-you to the....   Thank-you to the.... EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 7:13 am

Otter wrote:
I think it's just as important that the Lincoln Memorial, the Jefferson Memorial, and the Washington monument be open as it is for the WWII or Korean veteran's monuments to open.

I am a little skeptical about the demonstrations at the veterans memorials in Washington right now, because all the protesting seemed to end at the White House instead of in front of Congress where the real problem lies. Hey, the president is still working folks, it's Congress that has  shut down the government. This is not a "both parties are to blame" situation. Polls show that most Americans realize that.

My suspicions are that this is a Republican organized protest intended to make the president look like the ogre in a situation where I do not believe he is to blame.
      The cowh and senate leader reid have refused to even consider..discuss...debate...vote on...ANY of the bills that had been passed by the House in previous months....There have been no negotiations not even an attempt to establish a starting point to even try and get a deal done...and yet there are some that continue to harp that there is blame to go around and then add...."I do not believe he (cowh) is to blame"....well that's not blame to go around for everyone that's allowing on of the major parts to be excused for his incompetence and lack of leadership while expecting/blaming others for the same....Suspicions about the protest are a funny thing...On the Mall Area there were several Democrats that turned out to support ILLEGAL ALIENS on the shut down/closed area...So if the Republicans were supporting Veterans and the Democrats were supporting ILLEGAL ALIENS.....pretty clear definition about where the priorities are....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thank-you to the....   Thank-you to the.... EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 5:11 pm

That's because it is NOT the POTUS who is to blame, and I won't go along with Fox news and put blame on both sides. Congress has wanted the POTUS to renegoatiate standing legislation that has already passed approval from the Supreme Court- the Affordable Care act- and it is not the job of the president to agree to changing legislation because the Republicans in Congress threw a hissy fit, took their football and went home.
Unfortunately for your side, more Americans understand that the Republican congress caused the shutdown. Congress has a 12% approval rating out today. The POTUS has a 44% rating, but that's a heck of a lot better than Congress is getting.

You don't negotiate settled legislation at the point of a gun.
Obama gets kudos from me for holding his own.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thank-you to the....   Thank-you to the.... EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 5:13 pm

Oh, I'd love to see an actual news link saying democrats wanted illegal aliens to come into our monuments but not veterans.

That's a bunch of hooey.
Back to top Go down
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: Thank-you to the....   Thank-you to the.... EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 5:21 pm

MY understanding about the entire thing was there is NOT enough money to fund the act and the Republicans wanted to delay enacting it until the funding is available, NOT increase the debt. PERIOD
Back to top Go down
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: Thank-you to the....   Thank-you to the.... EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 5:25 pm

The national parks and monuments were CLOSED except for the protesters who were protesting for their right to be illegal aliens and get benefits they think they are entitled to.. It was to protest the politics and their rights, just like a religious protest would have been allowed.. PERIOD
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thank-you to the....   Thank-you to the.... EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 8:08 pm

Jake92 wrote:
MY understanding about the entire thing was there is NOT enough money to fund the act and the Republicans wanted to delay enacting it until the funding is available, NOT increase the debt.  PERIOD
It is not supposed to increase our debt once it's completely enacted, according to many major economists. And just because illegal aliens protest, that doesn't mean the democratic party is behind it. I watch the news daily and never saw one democrat saying we should open the national parks for illegal aliens. That would be politically very stupid.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thank-you to the....   Thank-you to the.... EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 8:12 pm

BTW, aren't you glad I'm here? You didn't have very many people to argue with before. I didn't hear of National Parks being opened for either illegal aliens to protest in or for religious people to have services in. You were right when you said they were CLOSED.
Back to top Go down
nochain

nochain

PostSubject: Re: Thank-you to the....   Thank-you to the.... EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 7:38 am

[quote="Otter"Congress has a 12% approval rating out today. The POTUS has a 44% rating, but that's a heck of a lot better than Congress is getting.

You don't negotiate settled legislation at the point of a gun.
Obama gets kudos from me for holding his own.[/quote]
"Congress" includes both the majority Repub House and majority Dem Senate so the approval rating applies to ALL members. "Congress" has failed to do their duty, both R's and D's are at fault. I also fault BHO for not being more proactive earlier in the year to resolve the budget issue. It seems he was hoping the issue would just resolve itself and he wouldn't have to get his hands dirty on the budget tar baby. BTW, Democrat Harry Reid has the lowest approval rating of any member of Congress. Why is that? I believe it has a little something to do with "that bill is DOA" - his standard response to any House effort not perfectly aligned to his agenda.

Thank-you to the.... Harry-reid-government-solutions
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: Thank-you to the....   Thank-you to the.... EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 8:34 am

Otter wrote:
Oh, I'd love to see an actual news link saying democrats wanted illegal aliens to come into our monuments but not veterans.

That's a bunch of hooey.
Illegals held a rally on the 'closed mall' with several democrats in attendence...hooey is correct!...and would side with veterans every day of the week over illegals protesting...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thank-you to the....   Thank-you to the.... EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 8:14 pm

I still haven't seen a news link saying illegal aliens were allowed in our closed National Parks but veterans weren't.

Where did you get that information from? There are a lot of rumors that prowl the internet and people like to believe the things that they agree with,no matter if they're true or not.
I haven't seen that link yet.

As for Harry Reid, most progressive dems don't like him either. He's a very weak leader. That's why he's so unpopular.Republicans nor Dems like him.
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: Thank-you to the....   Thank-you to the.... EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 8:19 am

Otter wrote:

That's a bunch of hooey.
The director of the parks services....Jonathan Jarvis stated in questioning form Capital Hill that he received instructions on the barricading of the WWII memorial form the White House......BUT....HE COULDN'T REMEMBER WHO HE SPOKE WITH...Now that's believable!....Then after the barricades were dismantled the next day they were made stronger but that didn't work either....There were no reports...problems....controversies with the Illegals having any difficulty getting onto the mall area for their protest...again ILLEGALLY in this country....as opposed to Veterans from FREEDOM flight(s) being blocked....The current administration has tageted veterans and active duty personnel at every opportunity up to and including troops overseas two weeks ago not being able to get football games due to the shutdown...telling veterans that the longer this lasted would effect veterans services and stopping funding for servivors of fallen heroes that gave the ultimate sacrifice is disgusting...This occurred during the shutdown when there was legislation passed that would have funded these government services and avoiding sickening embarrassments...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thank-you to the....   Thank-you to the.... EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 6:15 pm

Kindly produce a link from a news service saying that illegal aliens were allowed to protest at a closed to the public national monument during the shutdown.

All you've done so far is make unbacked assertions that it happened.

Show me the link or kindly stop making the assertions.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thank-you to the....   Thank-you to the.... EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 6:26 pm

This must be what you're talking about. First of all,there's no mention that it was "illegal immigrants" doing the protest, and secondly, the WWII vets WERE allowed into their monument.http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2013/10/08/park-service-allows-immigration-rally-on-closed-national-mall/
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thank-you to the....   Thank-you to the.... EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 6:46 pm

mediawatcher wrote:
Otter wrote:

That's a bunch of hooey.
    The director of the parks services....Jonathan Jarvis stated in questioning form Capital Hill that he received instructions on the barricading of the WWII memorial form the White House......BUT....HE COULDN'T REMEMBER WHO HE SPOKE WITH...Now that's believable!....Then after the barricades were dismantled the next day they were made stronger but that didn't work either....There were no reports...problems....controversies with the Illegals having any difficulty getting onto the mall area for their protest...again ILLEGALLY in this country....as opposed to Veterans from FREEDOM flight(s) being blocked....The current administration has tageted veterans and active duty personnel at every opportunity up to and including troops overseas two weeks ago not being able to get football games due to the shutdown...telling veterans that the longer this lasted would effect veterans services and stopping funding for servivors of fallen heroes that gave the ultimate sacrifice is disgusting...This occurred during the shutdown when there was legislation passed that would have funded these government services and avoiding sickening embarrassments...

Here's how it goes as far as the football games go. A government shutdown WILL affect government workers, including the military, the most.
The Republicans in the House of Representatives were responsible for the Government Shutdown.
I didn't get to watch my chosen football games for a couple of weeks either because the local CBS station aired a different game.
My life did not end.
I hope our soldiers overseas are not fighting for their right to watch football games, because they're at the mercy of the networks when they become civilians.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thank-you to the....   Thank-you to the.... Empty

Back to top Go down

Thank-you to the....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Everyday Pensacola :: Politics-
Jump to: