Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Quirky things we do as a storm approaches

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
stormwatch89

stormwatch89

Quirky things we do as a storm approaches Empty
PostSubject: Quirky things we do as a storm approaches   Quirky things we do as a storm approaches EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 4:37 pm

I'm a thinkin we all do the norms, by now, but would love to hear the insane things we do that are not on the "lists".

I, for one, clean my house like it's spring. After 3 totals and 4 near totals, I do ask myself why am I doing this???? Ya know it's gonna be a mess upon return! Perhaps it's the mama telling us not to get in an accident with dirty underwear syndrome?

The other thing they don't mention in depth is DOG FOOD! We need MUCH!

On a serious note: Please take a physical and photo inventory. After much, I've learned they can be crucial. God speed everyone. We'll be fine with this one w/o tornadoes.
Back to top Go down
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: Quirky things we do as a storm approaches   Quirky things we do as a storm approaches EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 5:11 pm

I usually try getting outside to mow the lawn..... LOL
Back to top Go down
stormwatch89

stormwatch89

PostSubject: Re: Quirky things we do as a storm approaches   Quirky things we do as a storm approaches EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 5:19 pm

Jake92 wrote:
I usually try getting outside to mow the lawn.....  LOL
??? Makes as much sense as my quirks, Jake!
Back to top Go down
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: Quirky things we do as a storm approaches   Quirky things we do as a storm approaches EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 5:28 pm

This morning, I used Wipe New on my headlights to get them cleaned up in case I need light someplace outside after the storm.. LMAO It really works and they look like new headlight covers.. :-)
Tomorrow will be getting a little more kindling and MAYBE a few logs split and stacked up for the fireplace..
Back to top Go down
stormwatch89

stormwatch89

PostSubject: Re: Quirky things we do as a storm approaches   Quirky things we do as a storm approaches EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 6:41 pm

Jake92 wrote:
This morning, I used Wipe New on my headlights to get them cleaned up in case I need light someplace outside after the storm..  LMAO  It really works and they look like new headlight covers..  :-)
Tomorrow will be getting a little more kindling and MAYBE a few logs split and stacked up for the fireplace..
OMG! You ARE as insane as I am!
Back to top Go down
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: Quirky things we do as a storm approaches   Quirky things we do as a storm approaches EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 7:40 pm

Thank you, thank you very much!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
stormwatch89

stormwatch89

PostSubject: Re: Quirky things we do as a storm approaches   Quirky things we do as a storm approaches EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 8:09 pm

?????  Not sure that was a compliment????

Geez, I just cleaned my shower,
Back to top Go down
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: Quirky things we do as a storm approaches   Quirky things we do as a storm approaches EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 8:13 pm

LOL.. I ate at Yamato's and left with a doggy box, then stopped at Jimmy John's for a sandwich.. I never knew it was there until tonight... DUH I'll have the sandwich when I wake up at 2 or 3 in the morning..
Back to top Go down
stormwatch89

stormwatch89

PostSubject: Re: Quirky things we do as a storm approaches   Quirky things we do as a storm approaches EmptyFri Oct 04, 2013 3:31 am

You are as weird as i!

3:35 and wasting time on the puder.
Back to top Go down
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: Quirky things we do as a storm approaches   Quirky things we do as a storm approaches EmptyFri Oct 04, 2013 3:32 am

LMAO, I got on 20 minutes ago...... LOL
Back to top Go down
stormwatch89

stormwatch89

PostSubject: Re: Quirky things we do as a storm approaches   Quirky things we do as a storm approaches EmptyFri Oct 04, 2013 3:48 am

Laughing 
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Quirky things we do as a storm approaches   Quirky things we do as a storm approaches EmptyFri Oct 04, 2013 8:07 am

I fill up the gas cans and the car.  I use the gas in a generator... One of those whisper-quiet Hondas... To run the fridge, TV and a box fan... And the blender!

Have plenty of food and ice and beverages, and gallon jugs of water.  Fill the tub to use to flush the toilet (if it's yellow, let it mellow, if it's brown, flush it down).

The new gasoline formulations with alcohol do not store well... even with stabilizer, according to the guy that fixes my lawnmowers.  He was quick to hold up a plastic bottle full of gas that had stratified.  It looked like a combination of gas and some kind of gelatinous material on top.  The moral of the story here is to use the gas in a month or two at most... and run the small engine items until they are empty if you're not going to use them for months.

Of course, this particular blow shouldn't interrupt utilities long-term
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quirky things we do as a storm approaches   Quirky things we do as a storm approaches Empty

Back to top Go down

Quirky things we do as a storm approaches
Page 1 of 1