Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Google thinks they have the legal right to read private GMail messages

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Eric

Eric

Google thinks they have the legal right to read private GMail messages Empty
PostSubject: Google thinks they have the legal right to read private GMail messages   Google thinks they have the legal right to read private GMail messages EmptyThu Sep 05, 2013 8:44 pm

http://news.yahoo.com/google-argues-continue-scanning-gmail-083912032.html

Oh, I have a GMail account, but don't hardly use it.

The effing NSA doing it for security reasons is bad enough, but Google does it to sell targeted advertising.

That's right. They're reading all the private e-mails sent from or to a GMail account. They are being sued and I hope they lose.

From the article linked above...
Quote :
The plaintiffs say Google "unlawfully opens up, reads, and acquires the content of people's private email messages" in violation of California's privacy laws and federal wiretapping statutes. The lawsuit notes that the company even scans messages sent to any of the 425 million active Gmail users from non-Gmail users who never agreed to the company's terms.

"This company reads, on a daily basis, every email that's submitted, and when I say read, I mean looking at every word to determine meaning," said Texas attorney Sean Rommel, who is co-counsel suing Google.

And Rommel said "the data that's being amassed by this company" could be used for more than just targeting advertising, although the parts of the lawsuit discussing what more Google might be doing with private information is currently under seal.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
pomullet

PostSubject: Re: Google thinks they have the legal right to read private GMail messages   Google thinks they have the legal right to read private GMail messages EmptyFri Sep 06, 2013 9:44 am

I can remember years ago when I first realized that Google was reading my emails.....Very obvious when you look at the targeted ads you receive
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Google thinks they have the legal right to read private GMail messages   Google thinks they have the legal right to read private GMail messages EmptyFri Sep 06, 2013 12:52 pm

pomullet wrote:
I can remember years ago when I first realized that Google was reading my emails.....Very obvious when you look at the targeted ads you receive
Hey, welcome back Pomullet. I have been to the restaurant a couple of times recently, but wasn't able to catch you at the grease pot.Wink 

Mebbe next time...
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Google thinks they have the legal right to read private GMail messages   Google thinks they have the legal right to read private GMail messages Empty

Back to top Go down

Google thinks they have the legal right to read private GMail messages
Page 1 of 1