Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Chris Matthews on Obama: He lacks key political skill

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
nochain

nochain

Chris Matthews on Obama: He lacks key political skill Empty
PostSubject: Chris Matthews on Obama: He lacks key political skill   Chris Matthews on Obama: He lacks key political skill EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 2:22 pm

This guy is saying what I have said all along, BHO is not willing to work at consensus building by listening to all viewpoints to achieve end goals.

"President Obama may be a solid public speaker, but when it comes to schmoozing with those of different political ilk — a key ingredient for a successful policy persuader — he’s sorely lacking, said one of his chief fans, MSNBC’s Chris Matthews.
“The key political asset is the ability to sit in a room with four or five other people and have them accept your leadership,” Mr. Matthews said during an appearance on “Morning Joe.”
John F. Kennedy had the skill. And so did Franklin Delano Roosevelt, Mr. Matthews said. But Mr. Obama?
Not so much. Mr. Obama doesn’t have half the person-to-person political skills touted by those other two presidents, Mr. Matthews said.
“They were developing the back-room skills, one-on-one skills. How you make friends. How you become [the popular] class president. How you establish the loyalty of people one-on-one,” Mr. Matthews said of Kennedy and Roosevelt. Mr. Obama, meanwhile, possessed “speaking skill way ahead of schedule” but “never developed a love of politics, a love of other politicians,” Mr. Matthews said, as Newsmax reported.
“He never developed … [a] love to sit around and play cards with them, get to know them, their nuances, hooks, triggers, buttons,” he said. “Even tough customers like [House Majority Leader] Eric Cantor … [and House Speaker John A.] Boehner get to know the tea party sentiment.”

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/aug/20/chris-matthews-obama-he-lacks-key-political-skill/#ixzz2cXaK0k82
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Chris Matthews on Obama: He lacks key political skill   Chris Matthews on Obama: He lacks key political skill EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 6:36 pm

Something about Cantor turns me off.

But I agree that Obama just hasn't seemed to have developed the relationships that he should have by now. If he hadn't reneged on the Grand Bargain, perhaps he would have more Republicans in his court.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: Chris Matthews on Obama: He lacks key political skill   Chris Matthews on Obama: He lacks key political skill EmptyWed Aug 21, 2013 6:54 am

nochain wrote:
This guy is saying what I have said all along, BHO is not willing to work at consensus building by listening to all viewpoints to achieve end goals.

"President Obama may be a solid public speaker, but when it comes to schmoozing with those of different political ilk — a key ingredient for a successful policy persuader — he’s sorely lacking, said one of his chief fans, MSNBC’s Chris Matthews.
“The key political asset is the ability to sit in a room with four or five other people and have them accept your leadership,” Mr. Matthews said during an appearance on “Morning Joe.”
John F. Kennedy had the skill. And so did Franklin Delano Roosevelt, Mr. Matthews said. But Mr. Obama?
Not so much. Mr. Obama doesn’t have half the person-to-person political skills touted by those other two presidents, Mr. Matthews said.
“They were developing the back-room skills, one-on-one skills. How you make friends. How you become [the popular] class president. How you establish the loyalty of people one-on-one,” Mr. Matthews said of Kennedy and Roosevelt. Mr. Obama, meanwhile, possessed “speaking skill way ahead of schedule” but “never developed a love of politics, a love of other politicians,” Mr. Matthews said, as Newsmax reported.
“He never developed … [a] love to sit around and play cards with them, get to know them, their nuances, hooks, triggers, buttons,” he said. “Even tough customers like [House Majority Leader] Eric Cantor … [and House Speaker John A.] Boehner get to know the tea party sentiment.”

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/aug/20/chris-matthews-obama-he-lacks-key-political-skill/#ixzz2cXaK0k82
LOL!!!!....Funny that the 'tingle up his leg' propagandist Matthews would even consider any criticism of the cowh...sure MSNBC would not approve his comments....
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: Chris Matthews on Obama: He lacks key political skill   Chris Matthews on Obama: He lacks key political skill EmptyWed Aug 21, 2013 6:59 am

Eric wrote:
Something about Cantor turns me off.

But I agree that Obama just hasn't seemed to have developed the relationships that he should have by now.  If he hadn't reneged on the Grand Bargain, perhaps he would have more Republicans in his court.
Correct Eric....every president has had a go to person from the opposition that he could work with or attempt to work with the closest the cowh has is McCain and that hasn't produced much of anything...Other presidents have also had a go to president or prime minister that they've have a close relationship with..the cowh does not...It would be difficult to work with this cowh as he is always in campaign mode and will say one thing and then go on the campaign trial and villianize those that he should be attempting to work with...
Back to top Go down
Melissa
Admin
Melissa

PostSubject: Re: Chris Matthews on Obama: He lacks key political skill   Chris Matthews on Obama: He lacks key political skill EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 6:12 am

EVERYTHING about Cantor turns me off! Can't stand him.

As far as backroom politics is concerned, President Obama has Joe Biden to do that for him. Biden has a long (and colorful, I'm sure) history of schmoozing to great effect. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.ouroasis.forumotion.com
stormwatch89

stormwatch89

PostSubject: Re: Chris Matthews on Obama: He lacks key political skill   Chris Matthews on Obama: He lacks key political skill EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 2:43 pm

nochain wrote:

No Chain,  I'm angry and not reading precisely so forgive.  BUT!  I don't get where Chrissy, tingle up the leg can ever say the Obama ever spoke well??!!

Seriously?

His inflections have taught me to go to Netflix as I can't escape him on prime. The inflections are so predictable, so groundless, so rehearsed, so political, so vomit inducing!

While I'm profoundly against all his actions, I sincerely believe that he is beyond insincere. I could accept him were he sincere, but he is not! He is Obama for Obama, screw us. This, I believe.

After 3 marriages and years of business management, I tend to believe that I've acquired, but one talent.......bs barometer.  I think I've got it.

BO is a talented speaker to many, but to all of us who have learned the BS barometer, he makes us vomit......literally.
Back to top Go down
nochain

nochain

PostSubject: Re: Chris Matthews on Obama: He lacks key political skill   Chris Matthews on Obama: He lacks key political skill EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 3:39 pm

[quote="stormwatch89"]
nochain wrote:
Th He is Obama for Obama, screw us.  This, I believe.

After 3 marriages and years of business management, I tend to believe that I've acquired, but one talent.......bs barometer.  I think I've got it.

BO is a talented speaker to many, but to all of us who have learned the BS barometer, he makes us vomit......literally.
LOL - I avoid listening to his lies, you are right - he does peg out the BS Barometer......
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: Chris Matthews on Obama: He lacks key political skill   Chris Matthews on Obama: He lacks key political skill EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 6:05 am

nochain wrote:
stormwatch89 wrote:
nochain wrote:
Th He is Obama for Obama, screw us.  This, I believe.

LOL - I avoid listening to his lies, you are right - he does peg out the BS Barometer......
Talented speaker?...remember what happened when he didn't use the teleprompter?...Certainly didn't seem as confident when he had to speak off the cuff in the debates...He is a media creation and yes full up to his brown eyes...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chris Matthews on Obama: He lacks key political skill   Chris Matthews on Obama: He lacks key political skill Empty

Back to top Go down

Chris Matthews on Obama: He lacks key political skill
Page 1 of 1