Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Id like to learn to paint

Go down 
+2
Admin
Eric
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Id like to learn to paint Empty
PostSubject: Id like to learn to paint   Id like to learn to paint EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 8:31 pm

any sugestions please on where to start.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Id like to learn to paint   Id like to learn to paint EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 11:58 am

*Tree*~ wrote:

My house could use another coat. I'll let you practice on it if you promise not to make a mess...

(Sorry, I HAD to do it Laughing)
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Id like to learn to paint   Id like to learn to paint EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 12:05 pm

I believe something like that would be right up yella's alley or maybe even TB.
Back to top Go down
https://pensacoladaily.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Id like to learn to paint   Id like to learn to paint EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 7:11 pm

EricEricson wrote:
*Tree*~ wrote:

My house could use another coat. I'll let you practice on it if you promise not to make a mess...

(Sorry, I HAD to do it Laughing)

LOL.. thats a good one Laughing

You know if I was still there Id do it too for some of your food..... and a margarita Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Melissa
Admin
Melissa

PostSubject: Re: Id like to learn to paint   Id like to learn to paint EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 5:34 am

Start with an easel, some good light, and charcoal. Practice drawing what you want.

Then, go talk to somebody who knows about paints these days. Tell them the type of pictures you drew, and ask them what type of paints to use.

I remember a technique from an art class we had in high school. I didn't think I could draw, but found out I wasn't that bad. The teacher would have us look at an object, then sort of "feel" the object's lines as we put them to paper. The big thing was we weren't allowed to look at our paper until we were done. I was amazed!

I didn't have enough talent to pursue it, but who knows? Give it a try!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ouroasis.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Id like to learn to paint   Id like to learn to paint EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 7:41 pm

PBulldog2 wrote:
Start with an easel, some good light, and charcoal. Practice drawing what you want.

Then, go talk to somebody who knows about paints these days. Tell them the type of pictures you drew, and ask them what type of paints to use.

I remember a technique from an art class we had in high school. I didn't think I could draw, but found out I wasn't that bad. The teacher would have us look at an object, then sort of "feel" the object's lines as we put them to paper. The big thing was we weren't allowed to look at our paper until we were done. I was amazed!

I didn't have enough talent to pursue it, but who knows? Give it a try!

that is a really great idea. charcoal.....

thanks

Back to top Go down
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: Id like to learn to paint   Id like to learn to paint EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 6:41 am

Try Painting With A Twist at 4771 Bayou Blvd in the Target Winn Dixie shopping center.. www.paintingwithatwist.com/pensacola
Back to top Go down
Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PostSubject: Re: Id like to learn to paint   Id like to learn to paint EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 8:08 am

My daughter went to private party at www.paintingwithatwist.com/pensacola....she loved it.
Back to top Go down
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: Id like to learn to paint   Id like to learn to paint EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 8:18 am

I went once so far and had a ball.. We painted a turtle on the beach that was heading for the water...

During a break, a guy replaced his girlfriends painting with one asking her to marry him. It was beautiful!!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Id like to learn to paint   Id like to learn to paint EmptyTue Jul 08, 2014 5:38 pm

I thought about a painting last night when I read this thread.

A tree that has leaves, but when you look closely the leaves are curled up babies.

Then as the leaves drop from the tree, they start to open up and look more like grown people.

Then at the bottom on the ground when the leaves touch the ground are teeny little people

and some leave people are at the base, aged and decayed and you can see ink nutrients from those being sucked back up into the tree to give nutrients to the little baby leaves.

I'd call it the tree of life, but that's taken.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Id like to learn to paint   Id like to learn to paint EmptyTue Aug 05, 2014 6:09 pm

Guest wrote:

A tree that has leaves, but when you look closely the leaves are curled up babies.

Then as the leaves drop from the tree, they start to open up and look more like grown people.

Then at the bottom on the ground when the leaves touch the ground are teeny little people  

and some leave people are at the base, aged and decayed and you can see ink nutrients from those being sucked back up into the tree to give nutrients to the little baby leaves.

You need to paint. You sound like a born artist.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Id like to learn to paint   Id like to learn to paint EmptySat Aug 09, 2014 7:46 am

Otter wrote:
Guest wrote:

You need to paint. You sound like a born artist.

You really think so?  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Id like to learn to paint   Id like to learn to paint EmptyThu Sep 04, 2014 6:52 am

I had this thought and vision the other day of something else I would like to paint. Comes with this verse.

As I walk towards the valley of light
I fear no evil
peace and love reside
inside
above
below
A cherished love bestowed
a smile
like a child
innocent
divine
and inspired.

The picture is of a little girl walking along a path that is surrounded by beautiful trees. The grass is exceptionally green beneath her bare feet. Her face is glowing with a smile of love and peace. She is walking towards the sunlight and heavens. And behind her as she walks the ground has crumbled and is falling away into a empty dark space. Out of that space are many blood covered peoples with their hands outreached to her back. She is not aware of what is behind her back and only sees the beauty in front of her and with each step she takes, the ground she ha just walked on falls into the abyss. Again, she is not aware because she walks forward with absolute faith, love and peace.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Love Chrissy
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Id like to learn to paint   Id like to learn to paint EmptyThu Sep 04, 2014 1:17 pm

I can't even draw a decent stick man.

And as for singing, I couldn't carry a tune if it was in a bucket.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: Id like to learn to paint   Id like to learn to paint EmptySat Nov 22, 2014 6:13 am

Someone challenged me to step out and try one new thing in 2014 that I've always said I could not do. Painting was the choice and I started out with the hardest thing...oils. BUT I have fallen in love with color...it's not so much about the drawing. I still can't do stick people. I also dabble with watercolor and pencils. Drawing, as someone mentioned, by watching the object and not the paper can be quite amazing.

Go Nike on it. Just do it. Smile There are some great "how to" videos on YouTube for all mediums of art.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Id like to learn to paint   Id like to learn to paint Empty

Back to top Go down

Id like to learn to paint
Page 1 of 1