Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

meanwhile, in Alaska

Go down 
+8
mediawatcher
Joanimaroni
Jake92
PkrBum
Ghost Rider
Eric
riceme
nochain
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
riceme

riceme

meanwhile, in Alaska - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: meanwhile, in Alaska   meanwhile, in Alaska - Page 13 EmptySun Oct 19, 2014 6:24 pm

Yay T knows what causes the auroras!
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: meanwhile, in Alaska   meanwhile, in Alaska - Page 13 EmptySun Oct 26, 2014 3:26 pm

So I am once again looking for a cabin to rent because one of my roommates is batshit crazy and I am reminded yet again of how funny the Alaskan real estate market it, whether you're renting or buying.

Note to self: If an ad says "full kitchen" it means there is no running water. If it had an actual full kitchen, there would be no necessity to comment.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: meanwhile, in Alaska   meanwhile, in Alaska - Page 13 EmptySun Oct 26, 2014 4:49 pm

Damn, girl. You move around like a gypsy.

Good luck finding your Shangri-la.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: meanwhile, in Alaska   meanwhile, in Alaska - Page 13 EmptySun Oct 26, 2014 5:08 pm

Eric wrote:
Damn, girl.  You move around like a gypsy.

Good luck finding your Shangri-la.

That's not the first time I've been called a gypsy. My mom has called me and my sisters that for years. Says we should have bought Mini-Winnies instead of going to college. I hate living in town and like I said, roommate is batshit. Besides, I don't own anything anymore, so moving is now pretty easy.
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: meanwhile, in Alaska   meanwhile, in Alaska - Page 13 EmptyMon Oct 27, 2014 12:56 am

This comes from the entertainment files. A guy just tried to rob the Fairbanks Sears with a pickaxe.

meanwhile, in Alaska - Page 13 ImagesqtbnANd9GcSZTAgC8HKVcx07RYCL9
Back to top Go down
nochain

nochain

PostSubject: Re: meanwhile, in Alaska   meanwhile, in Alaska - Page 13 EmptyFri Nov 07, 2014 9:09 am

meanwhile, in Alaska - Page 13 The-dar-37
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: meanwhile, in Alaska   meanwhile, in Alaska - Page 13 EmptyFri Nov 07, 2014 10:59 am

Is that on the ferry?? lol
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: meanwhile, in Alaska   meanwhile, in Alaska - Page 13 EmptyFri Nov 07, 2014 11:34 am

That's a BIG dog.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: meanwhile, in Alaska   meanwhile, in Alaska - Page 13 EmptySat Nov 29, 2014 10:49 am

Ricey had one too many yesterday...

meanwhile, in Alaska - Page 13 FrDJUme

Time for a belly rub, eh?
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: meanwhile, in Alaska   meanwhile, in Alaska - Page 13 EmptySat Nov 29, 2014 12:12 pm

LOL. The good thing about that is that no one probably got hurt and the truck is probably not even damaged.

That is a funny picture.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: meanwhile, in Alaska   meanwhile, in Alaska - Page 13 EmptyWed Dec 03, 2014 8:53 am

meanwhile, in Alaska - Page 13 IHQ8EIC
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: meanwhile, in Alaska   meanwhile, in Alaska - Page 13 EmptyWed Dec 03, 2014 3:49 pm

LMAO. That is EXACTLY how I feel! And now this from the True Stories from Fairbanks files:

Fairbanks alleged truck theft thwarted by father-son team

Posted: Wednesday, December 3, 2014 12:02 am | Updated: 8:40 am, Wed Dec 3, 2014.

By Dorothy Chomicz dchomicz@newsminer.com

FAIRBANKS — A Fairbanks man with a lengthy criminal record was charged with felony first-degree vehicle theft and two counts of violating conditions of release for allegedly stealing a truck Monday.

Fairbanks Police received a report at 5:27 p.m. of a vehicle accident on Van Horn Road involving a possibly stolen vehicle. Police found a green Chevy 1500 pickup stopped in the center lane of Van Horn with the back window busted out.

The truck’s owner and his father were parked nearby in a Chevy truck with a plow attached. Ambulance personnel were on scene, evaluating the condition of the alleged thief, identified as Lyndon Vega Pasilan, 49.

The victim told police he had been working in his fathers’ shop on Holt Road when he heard his truck start up. He went outside and saw his truck being driven away and gave chase on foot. He said he caught up with the truck before it turned on to Van Horn Road and was able to jump into the pickup bed. He banged on the window and yelled at Pasilan, and then picked up a metal bed frame sitting in the bed of the truck and used it to break out the window.

He struck the driver, who slowed down and jumped out of the truck. The truck was still in gear, so the victim put it in park, then grabbed and punched Pasilan several more times as Pasilan attempted to flee.

The victim’s father told police he arrived on the scene with his plow truck just as Pasilan was trying to run away. He said Pasilan ran in front of his truck, at which point he dropped the plow and struck Pasilan with it. He said he jumped out of the truck and tackled Pasilan before he could get away. The victim and his father subdued Pasilan until police arrived.

A witness at the scene told police she saw the attempted theft and capture of Pasilan. She estimated the plow truck was going 5 mph when it struck Pasilan.

Employees at a nearby glass repair shop told police Pasilan had dropped off his own vehicle for a window repair at 4:30 p.m. Monday.

When questioned, Pasilan told police he had been “set up,” but later stated that voices in his head told him to take the truck. A records check showed that Pasilan was on conditions of release for two prior felony drug charges. Pasilan was charged with fourth-degree assault for threatening to hit his mother in July 2011, and in 2013 pleaded guilty to felony domestic violence assault for threatening a woman with a hatchet in June, 2011.

Court records show Pasilan has a string of domestic violence charges dating back to 2003.

http://www.newsminer.com/news/local_news/fairbanks-alleged-truck-theft-thwarted-by-father-son-team/article_2c28726c-7acb-11e4-ad6d-6b5d1823543a.html
Back to top Go down
nochain

nochain

PostSubject: Re: meanwhile, in Alaska   meanwhile, in Alaska - Page 13 EmptyFri Dec 05, 2014 9:31 am

meanwhile, in Alaska - Page 13 Daily-afternoon-randomness-49-photos-19
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: meanwhile, in Alaska   meanwhile, in Alaska - Page 13 EmptySun Dec 21, 2014 1:46 pm

Posted today on Imgur.  Titled "Seven Miles from Anchorage"
meanwhile, in Alaska - Page 13 WmM6XbX
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: meanwhile, in Alaska   meanwhile, in Alaska - Page 13 EmptySun Dec 28, 2014 4:20 pm

The head of my cousin's Kodiak Brown Bear is three times as big as my torso. I have tried to take pictures of it (it hangs on the wall upstairs) but it just looks distorted and fake.
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: meanwhile, in Alaska   meanwhile, in Alaska - Page 13 EmptySun Dec 28, 2014 4:22 pm

I am on an Alaska forum with this gal... she lives and drinks (at the Badger Den and the Howlin' Dog Saloon) near me, but we have never met in person. I like her blog... First link to a trip she took up north. Bottom link to main page.

https://cloud9doula.wordpress.com/2013/07/06/kavik-river-camp/

https://cloud9doula.wordpress.com/
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: meanwhile, in Alaska   meanwhile, in Alaska - Page 13 EmptySun Dec 28, 2014 5:36 pm

this dog looks demonic...

meanwhile, in Alaska - Page 13 Ermine

Yeah this lady is on the TV weekly..she's a really neat woman and tough as nails.

meanwhile, in Alaska - Page 13 Dsc_8953
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: meanwhile, in Alaska   meanwhile, in Alaska - Page 13 EmptySun Dec 28, 2014 5:48 pm

She would have to be tough as nails to live up north. Smile
Back to top Go down
nochain

nochain

PostSubject: Re: meanwhile, in Alaska   meanwhile, in Alaska - Page 13 EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 8:16 am

meanwhile, in Alaska - Page 13 Daily-afternoon-randomness-49-photos-30
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: meanwhile, in Alaska   meanwhile, in Alaska - Page 13 EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 9:51 pm

That's a pretty cool picture.

It has been a really warm winter, but the past few days have been really cold, hovering just above -40*F and the wind was blowing like a bastard up at the mine today. I can take the cold any day, but when the wind starts blowing here it makes the cold unbearable.

Even my Blizzaks (fancy winter tires) have been "square" (flat on the bottom surface that spent the night up against the roadway) the past three mornings. It takes them a while to round-out again when you start driving, and that is a strange feeling.

I am all snuggled up in my bed and I think I'll watch some tv on the internet. I'm on call this week and have been up all hours every night this week.

rendeer
Back to top Go down
nochain

nochain

PostSubject: Re: meanwhile, in Alaska   meanwhile, in Alaska - Page 13 EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 7:33 am

riceme wrote:

No pun intended?

-40 with wind - WOW!

It's about 20 in P'Cola with a light wind and I'm freezing!
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: meanwhile, in Alaska   meanwhile, in Alaska - Page 13 EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 2:04 pm

nochain wrote:
riceme wrote:

No pun intended?

-40 with wind - WOW!

It's about 20 in P'Cola with a light wind and I'm freezing!

Yeah, the wind was whipping across the access road when I was driving in and I knew it was going to be cold, then when I got out of my truck I almost had a "NOPE!" moment.

20 with wind feels very, very cold in Pensacola... you have all that moisture in the air. I bet the roads are a disaster. Are they icy?
Back to top Go down
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: meanwhile, in Alaska   meanwhile, in Alaska - Page 13 EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 3:27 pm

The roads were all clear.. Some lawns and bushes had ice on them from lawn sprinklers.. It was 18 when I let the puppies out about 7 this morning..
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: meanwhile, in Alaska   meanwhile, in Alaska - Page 13 EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 3:34 pm

I just tilted my electric recliner back and and can't decide whether to sleep, play on the forums or watch TV...so I am going to do all three...now that's multitasking....
Back to top Go down
nochain

nochain

PostSubject: Re: meanwhile, in Alaska   meanwhile, in Alaska - Page 13 EmptyWed Feb 18, 2015 9:15 am

meanwhile, in Alaska - Page 13 Tumblr_njxejpmnrt1s2yegdo1_r1_400
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: meanwhile, in Alaska   meanwhile, in Alaska - Page 13 Empty

Back to top Go down

meanwhile, in Alaska
Page 13 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18  Next