Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Do you think the RFID people have something to hide????

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Eric

Eric

Do you think the RFID people have something to hide???? Empty
PostSubject: Do you think the RFID people have something to hide????   Do you think the RFID people have something to hide???? EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 2:05 pm

Busted! Mythbusters Not Allowed to Talk About RFID Chips

Story from Intellihub

Do you think the RFID people have something to hide???? Rfidchip

In what has become a controversial story as time goes on, due to the increasing research into RFID technology, it still remains a little unclear as to exactly why Mythbusters was not able to do a show discussing RFID technology.  As Adam Savage, co-host of Mythbusters, stated himself  ”We were going to do RFID and on several levels, you know, how hackable, how reliable, how trackable, etc.” But this idea was met with resistance as the show’s producers began looking into the technology and speaking with companies involved in RFID use and production.

Adam stated, in so many words, at ‘The Last Hope Conference’ that Texas Instruments and the chief legal advisor of almost all major credit card companies was completely opposed to allowing Mythbusters and Discovery to do the show. As you will see in the video below, Adam feels rather taken aback out by the strength of the alleged decision from TI and others involved.

Where the story gets even more interesting is when Adam decided to retract the statements he initially gave at ‘The Last Hope Conference.’ He stated ”There’s been a lot of talk about this RFID thing, and I have to admit that I got some of my facts wrong, as I wasn’t on that story, and as I said on the video, I wasn’t actually in on the call.” He continues, “Texas Instruments’ account of their call with Grant and our producer is factually correct. If I went into the detail of exactly why this story didn’t get filmed, it’s so bizarre and convoluted that no one would believe me, but suffice to say…the decision not to continue on with the RFID story was made by our production company, Beyond Productions, and had nothing to do with Discovery, or their ad sales department.”

This is not an attempt to create conspiracy where unneeded, but this truly is an interesting story as it is very easy to see why he might be forced to retract his statements. He put Discovery at risk due to his statements and arguably slandered Texas Instruments as well as the legal council for many major credit card companies. At the end of the day, we have to be our own judge on the matter as it is doubtful any of these companies will come clean, if in fact that is possible. In my opinion, I would not be surprised in the least bit if Adam shared the factual story to begin with and then was forced to change his story. This certainly would not be the first time people have been silenced by major corporations after statements of truth were made. But, you be the judge.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Do you think the RFID people have something to hide????   Do you think the RFID people have something to hide???? EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 2:08 pm

My guess is that the RFID chips are not very secure and companies... y'know credit card companies, oil companies, etc... just don't want people to know the truth about this technology that they're pushing on us.
Back to top Go down
Writlarge

PostSubject: Re: Do you think the RFID people have something to hide????   Do you think the RFID people have something to hide???? EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 4:44 pm

I don't think any of this technology is "secure", and do not trust any corporation, government or individual with any amount of information, but also do not think there is anything at all that can be done about it.  

A growing percentage of the population is more concerned and informed about reality shows than what our government is doing.

Too much information is being gathered, and none of it is secure.  

Of course if there are any government agencies monitoring these forums, it needs to be stated that the above was copied from one of PB's liberal posts. Cool 
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Do you think the RFID people have something to hide????   Do you think the RFID people have something to hide???? EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 5:30 pm

Yeah, it was Mel's fault... Do you think the RFID people have something to hide???? 113
Back to top Go down
Melissa
Admin
Melissa

PostSubject: Re: Do you think the RFID people have something to hide????   Do you think the RFID people have something to hide???? EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 7:06 am

Yup. For one day a week, I go on over to the other side. Today is that day.

We do thank you, Writ, for providing a great liberal post, even though the Day of the Free Liberal doesn't come until Thursday.

I have been working hard the past few days to get the cameras on all of your computers in good working order. For the rest of today, I will be viewing all of you conservatives and your environments as you go about your crusin' on the net.

And I did it all from this board, with the help of a Black Hat Hacker friend.

So don't go browsin' in the nude. Wear clothes, please.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ouroasis.forumotion.com
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: Do you think the RFID people have something to hide????   Do you think the RFID people have something to hide???? EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 1:45 pm

Be careful what you buy on eBay.

If you buy stuff on line, check out the seller carefully.

A friend has just spent $95, plus postage, on a penis enlarger.

Bastards sent him a magnifying glass.

The only instructions said, "Do not use in sunlight."

The End
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Do you think the RFID people have something to hide????   Do you think the RFID people have something to hide???? EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 4:54 pm

TEOTWAWKI wrote:

The End  

Hey Teo, was that Bob?
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: Do you think the RFID people have something to hide????   Do you think the RFID people have something to hide???? EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 3:27 pm

Eric wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:

The End  

Hey Teo, was that Bob?

Yeah but don't tell him I told ya.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you think the RFID people have something to hide????   Do you think the RFID people have something to hide???? Empty

Back to top Go down

Do you think the RFID people have something to hide????
Page 1 of 1