Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Spying on our allies

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Eric

Eric

Spying on our allies Empty
PostSubject: Spying on our allies   Spying on our allies EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 9:36 am

"Is this the basis for a constructive relationship on the basis of mutual trust, I think no," said Martin Schulz, current president of the European Parliament.

Secretary of State John Kerry, on an official visit to Brunei, said Monday the Europeans had raised the matter with him, but he wouldn't comment until he knew the whole truth, but added that, "every country in the world that is engaged in international affairs of national security undertakes lots of activities to protect its national security."

French President Francois Hollande was the latest to lash out at the alleged espionage, demanding an immediate halt and an explanation on Monday.

"We cannot accept this kind of behavior," he said in western France. "We demand that this cease immediately."
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Spying on our allies   Spying on our allies EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 9:40 am

Is the EU completely naive, or are they putting on a politically correct show of surprise?

Everybody spies on everybody else.  One of our closest allies - Israel - has been caught spying on us.

Spying on our allies 200px-Spy-vs-spy
Back to top Go down
Surfnrg

Surfnrg

PostSubject: Re: Spying on our allies   Spying on our allies EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 12:50 pm

Israel has been involved in espionage against us for decades.  They are the country guilty far more than eastern europeans. So far as an alliance my vote it would be one of convenience just as theirs is with us.
Our mutual interests coincide sometimes but not always.

For the record i am an AMERICAN not an Israeli....
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Spying on our allies   Spying on our allies EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 2:00 pm

whowherewhy wrote:
Israel has been involved in espionage against us for decades.  They are the country guilty far more than eastern europeans. So far as an alliance my vote it would be one of convenience just as theirs is with us.
Our mutual interests coincide sometimes but not always.

For the record i am an AMERICAN not an Israeli....

You sound like you have been accused of being Israeli... or, perhaps you are of Jewish descent, I dunno.

I am half Norwegian, but never think of myself as Norwegian... except for my genes, perhaps.

Back to top Go down
Surfnrg

Surfnrg

PostSubject: Re: Spying on our allies   Spying on our allies EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 2:15 pm

Nope just an american with no dual citizenship. If memory is correct henry kissinger held both amerixan and israeli citizenship during his tenure in the cabinet. He also made some disastrous decisions while there.

I for one STRONGLY believe to hold office in the federal govt you should not be allowed to hold dual citizenship with any other country. Right now you can be sec of defense and be an israeli. I do not think that is in our best interest anymore than he be a dual citizen of egypt, it is just a prima facie conflict of interest.

I think when it serves our purpose i am all pro israeli if it does not i am pro american and let those chips fall where they may.....
Back to top Go down
Surfnrg

Surfnrg

PostSubject: Re: Spying on our allies   Spying on our allies EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 4:09 pm

http://www.viewzone.com/dualcitizen.html

Quite lengthy the comments at the end are worthy of reading.

The problem arrises that we need to deal in the middle east with an even hand. Some of the results and
Problems we now face is that by and large we have not. Has "stacking the deck" in our federal govt
By dual citizens with conflicting allegiences contributed to this?.

Is it time to pass a law forbidding dual citizenship in federal jobs or those with high ranking military
Clearance? I for one think it is long long overdue.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spying on our allies   Spying on our allies Empty

Back to top Go down

Spying on our allies
Page 1 of 1