Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Confidence Assessment

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
SheSurfs

PostSubject: Confidence Assessment   Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:30 pm

While driving by one of these BMW's the other day, I asked my teenage son if he liked it. He comes from a long line of used station minivan and station drivers. 

We talked about it for a while, why I don't like spending money on depreciating assets, and then how it is neither a symbol of someone's merit....or wealth. 

He thought about it for a minute and replied...."You know, Mom, the one thing it does tell you is that the more expensive the car, the more stupid the driver is."

"Why is that?"

"The more expensive the car, the more confident you are in all the other drivers on the road."

That kid just earned his driver's permit.

Back to top Go down
Eric

PostSubject: Re: Confidence Assessment   Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:41 pm

I had a couple of Bimmers a few years back.  (A Beamer is the BMW motorcycle.)

I got both of them used... let someone else take that massive new car depreciation.  The nicer one was an M3... what a rush!  The older one had a V-12 engine and was large and very comfy... but it's engine seals leaked too much.  Those BMW V-12s were known for that.  I enjoyed driving it, though.

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Confidence Assessment   Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:14 pm

SheSurfs: It sounds like your young man is can think for himself and is very smart... (not that I'd expect anything less from a child raised by you Smile ) YAY! It seems that you see those qualities more and more rarely in teenagers these days with all the BS they're bombarded with by the media.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Confidence Assessment   

Back to top Go down

Confidence Assessment
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Everyday Pensacola :: Funny and Amusing-
Jump to: