Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Was The Newest GIFs Thread

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Eric

Eric

Was The Newest GIFs Thread Empty
PostSubject: Was The Newest GIFs Thread   Was The Newest GIFs Thread EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 9:51 am

I wish I had one of those when I was growing up.  Good dad, BTW.

Was The Newest GIFs Thread Q7ZuOvM

Last edited by Eric on Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

PostSubject: Re: Was The Newest GIFs Thread   Was The Newest GIFs Thread EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 11:03 am

I wonder if he used PVC pipe?  I might could made a smaller one for my Grand kids.  Very good Thanks
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Was The Newest GIFs Thread   Was The Newest GIFs Thread EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 11:15 am

hallmarkgrad wrote:
I wonder if he used PVC pipe?  I might could made a smaller one for my Grand kids.  Very good Thanks

I don't think that PVC pipe would be strong enough, Bubba.

(If you do make one and try it out, video it and we'll put the mishap online under "Hey y'all, watch theeyus")
Back to top Go down
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

PostSubject: Re: Was The Newest GIFs Thread   Was The Newest GIFs Thread EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 11:26 am

I think I might build a small prototype to test my design.   Maybe just a circle with a couple of small humps.  The strength comes from his cross ties.  Maybe just a ramp at first  But it has me thinking.
Back to top Go down
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

PostSubject: Re: Was The Newest GIFs Thread   Was The Newest GIFs Thread EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 11:44 am

Read the comments LOL
http://hackaday.com/2012/08/11/manpowered-pvc-rollercoaster/

Back to top Go down
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

PostSubject: Re: Was The Newest GIFs Thread   Was The Newest GIFs Thread EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 11:59 am

Maybe more my speed.

Back to top Go down
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

PostSubject: Re: Was The Newest GIFs Thread   Was The Newest GIFs Thread EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 12:13 pm

I am on a roll LOL
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Was The Newest GIFs Thread   Was The Newest GIFs Thread EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 9:59 pm

That is awesome! It reminds me of something our dad built us when we were little... the "Man Killer," which was original at the time but are now common and are called Zip Lines. Ours was much cooler than the new ones and had a wooden seat to sit on like for a rope swing, and went from the top of our property down to the bottom, horizontally across 2-acres, was anchored at each end to two huge oak trees, and swung upward at the very end so we wouldn't slam into the tree at the bottom. He also built us one at our cabin in Colorado, which was much longer... that one was anchored to a couple of big aspens on each end.
Back to top Go down
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

PostSubject: Re: Was The Newest GIFs Thread   Was The Newest GIFs Thread EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 10:18 pm

When I was a Boy Scout master some of the kids saw the old Cigarette  commercial with Malbro man on a rope bridge.  So we decided to build one.  I had no idea that the Boy Scouts had rules about building them.  I think they were supposed to be like 10 feet long  and just a couple of feet off the ground.   I worked at the Shipyard and the Boss let me have (2) 600 foot reels on 5/8 rope.  We went to the camping area at NAS and built a hell of a REAL rope bridge .  Took most of Friday afternoon and most of Saturday but we finely got it built.  It was Wild. About 60 feet long and 5 feet off the ground.  It was a real blast. We all learned to lash and tie rope.  I did not think much about it until we went to a big Jamboree with a lot of other Boy Scout troops.  As a project one of the rich troops built a regulation rope bridge.  It was tiny.  Of course my guys had to tell everyone about the one we built.  Plus one of them had a picture of the damn thing!!  LOL  Needless to say, I caught a lot of grief from scout head quarters about it.   But it was was really fun.  I would build another one if I had 1/2 a chance....
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Was The Newest GIFs Thread   Was The Newest GIFs Thread EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 9:23 am

Was The Newest GIFs Thread ScXTX38
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Was The Newest GIFs Thread   Was The Newest GIFs Thread EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 10:41 am

That sounds like a blast -- and like something my daddy would have done -- HG! I bet you were the coolest Scout Master around Wink. My mom used to be a Cub Scout Den Mother and as I had sub-zero interest in the Brownies or Girl Scouts, I used to get to go to my brother's scout meetings and on a lot of their trips and events when I was little... it was a blast. Of course, that sort of thing would never fly these days, a *girl* tagging along with a Cub Scout troop... Ahh, the good ole days!
Back to top Go down
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

PostSubject: Re: Was The Newest GIFs Thread   Was The Newest GIFs Thread EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 10:59 am

I dont know about my Boy Scouting skills. As you know i am a Vet and the other Co Scout master was Door Gunner in Vietnam. We tried real hard and did the best we could. Our troop was very very poor. Some of our Scouts came from dysfunctional family and did not have any money to spare on scouts. The other guy and I usually just paid for most things. As a result we came up with some very creative outings. It was a good expedience. We went to the Scout?camping area a NAS a lot. One time the theme was "Bring what, ya can" The Church we used was fairly close to the base so we hiked in and everyone had to bring their own gear. Sometimes we did the same trip but we called it "Lights out" No flash lights(candles and candle lanterns made from tin cans). Nothing Battery powered, Cloeman lights were ok. We could not carry all the junk so we used a couple of wagons. We pulled with some of the gear in them. Eagle Scout Seaoats would have a craped a big one if he had seem our ragged asses on the road. LOL I guess it was all good training if any of them every became homeless.
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Was The Newest GIFs Thread   Was The Newest GIFs Thread EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 12:03 pm

That really touches my heart HG, and knowing you as I do it doesn't surprise me one bit that you and your Co-Scout Master came up with creative outings and paid for what the financially less-fortunate boys' families could not afford. My mom managed her Den Mother duties in much the same fashion... she preferred to plan events & outings that were free or that cost next to nothing. And for the boys who did not have camping gear and whatnot, she loaned them our gear... since there were so many of us kids there was plenty to go around. She was really good at coming up with really neat and fun things to do that didn't cost much or anything at all because she already did that for her own kids.

If she ever outright paid for the financially less-fortunate boys in the pack my brother and I would have never known, as that's not something she would have ever told us. But it's possible she did since that's the sort of person she is... very generous with what we did have, which wasn't all that much, a fact that I did not realize until I was an adult and reflected back to all the hand-me-downs we wore, the fact that we ate beans for supper about 6-nights a week (haha), and other little things. We never went without anything we needed, and as I mentioned above, she was great at thinking of and finding neat things for us to do. Today is her 68th birthday... Happy birthday, Mama!

Eagle Scout Seaoat can crap all the big ones he wants (lol)... I think the experiences, kindness and lessons that people like you & your Co-Scout Master and my mom offer/ed boys are a lot more important than following some rule book. It shouldn't be about money.
Back to top Go down
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

PostSubject: Re: Was The Newest GIFs Thread   Was The Newest GIFs Thread EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 12:07 pm

Your post means a lot to me. Thank you for your kind words..............
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Was The Newest GIFs Thread   Was The Newest GIFs Thread EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 12:29 pm

hallmarkgrad wrote:
Your post means a lot to me.  Thank you for your kind words..............

Wink I love you I love you I love you Wink
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Was The Newest GIFs Thread   Was The Newest GIFs Thread EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 1:01 pm

Happy Birthday to yo Mama, Ricey!!!
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Was The Newest GIFs Thread   Was The Newest GIFs Thread EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 1:20 pm

Thanky much, sir! Smile
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Was The Newest GIFs Thread   Was The Newest GIFs Thread EmptySat Jun 22, 2013 3:51 pm

Was The Newest GIFs Thread SceIabX
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Was The Newest GIFs Thread   Was The Newest GIFs Thread EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 8:16 pm

Was The Newest GIFs Thread Fatpita
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: What america does in it's spare time..dog beards.   Was The Newest GIFs Thread EmptyThu Jul 04, 2013 10:20 am

http://likes.com/comedy/the-most-epic-dog-beard-memes?pid=10930

Was The Newest GIFs Thread 60e19b10
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Was The Newest GIFs Thread   Was The Newest GIFs Thread EmptyThu Jul 04, 2013 12:04 pm

Eric wrote:
Was The Newest GIFs Thread Fatpita

I find his shirt funnier than him licking the guy's head. :-o 
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Was The Newest GIFs Thread   Was The Newest GIFs Thread EmptyThu Jul 04, 2013 2:06 pm

Damn! I didn't even notice that. Laughing 
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Was The Newest GIFs Thread   Was The Newest GIFs Thread EmptyFri Jul 05, 2013 12:53 am

Eric wrote:
Damn!  I didn't even notice that.  Laughing 

Tee hee!
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Was The Newest GIFs Thread   Was The Newest GIFs Thread EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 10:17 am

Was The Newest GIFs Thread TTezcVM
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Was The Newest GIFs Thread   Was The Newest GIFs Thread EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 10:33 am

Instant Karma...

Was The Newest GIFs Thread VWmqRUz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Was The Newest GIFs Thread   Was The Newest GIFs Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

Was The Newest GIFs Thread
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next