Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Greetings from Manhattan

Go down 
+4
Joanimaroni
Melissa
Eric
hallmarkgrad
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

Greetings from Manhattan  Empty
PostSubject: Greetings from Manhattan    Greetings from Manhattan  EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 12:18 pm

Made the trip here ok.  Got caught in a unreal storm cell.  More on that later.  But having a good time visiting with the Grandchildren.  My son gave me a new laptops so all is good.  Going to leave early Sunday am to head back to P-cola.....  Mayberry is till alive.....  Feels like I am caught in a time warp.  No police running up and down the road, neighbors taking turns watching the children the park, and one person really did ask to borrow a cup of sugar.  I started laughing but I dont think they understood.  It is good to be here.  Restores my faith in how things can be.  All is good.  More later....
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Manhattan    Greetings from Manhattan  EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 12:36 pm

Good to see that a Florida Cracker can survive in New York.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Manhattan    Greetings from Manhattan  EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 1:04 pm

Have a good time!
Back to top Go down
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Manhattan    Greetings from Manhattan  EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 1:11 pm

Manhattan Illinois  South of Chicago  LOL  But you knew that.....
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Manhattan    Greetings from Manhattan  EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 1:17 pm

Open mouth, insert foot!

I didn't think you were headed to New York, but when you said Manhattan... well...
Back to top Go down
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Manhattan    Greetings from Manhattan  EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 1:26 pm

I might have did it on purpose LOL  I mean Who in the Heck has ever heard of Manhattan Il.?  My son 
said " I am moving to Manhattan."  I thought Damn "What kind of work do they have for him in NYC"?He got me.  Just had to pass it on.  Hope every one is feeling ok.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Manhattan    Greetings from Manhattan  EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 1:37 pm

You could also say you are from Pensacola... Oklahoma

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pensacola,_Oklahoma
Back to top Go down
Melissa
Admin
Melissa

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Manhattan    Greetings from Manhattan  EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 9:00 pm

Good grief, Hallmark. I thought you got on the wrong plane and ended up in New York City. That, or Pee Wee was a little off track when she told us your destination.

Have the best of times! flower
Back to top Go down
http://www.ouroasis.forumotion.com
Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Manhattan    Greetings from Manhattan  EmptySat Jun 15, 2013 6:58 am

Glad you are enjoying yourself...take care.
Back to top Go down
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Manhattan    Greetings from Manhattan  EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 7:38 am

I'll be in, Manhatten, NY in a few weeks, staying 1 block from Central Park..  Parking is soooo expensive though..  The bridge or tunnel toll to get into the city is $12.
Back to top Go down
Melissa
Admin
Melissa

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Manhattan    Greetings from Manhattan  EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 8:44 am

You're going traveling too, Jake? Isn't it great that we can all keep in touch through our forum?

Just remember to add our URL to your laptop, if you have one.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ouroasis.forumotion.com
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Manhattan    Greetings from Manhattan  EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 8:55 am

I'll have my laptop with me.  All this puter language (url) is foreign to me...  I guess I better learn it before I go..  I still have no idea how to post pics here, but it would be easy if it was just copy/paste..
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Manhattan    Greetings from Manhattan  EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 2:40 pm

HG: I thought you were in Manhattan, Kansas... so we were wrong all the way around! lol

Glad you're enjoying yourself, man.
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Manhattan    Greetings from Manhattan  EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 2:44 pm

Jake, I agree that the photo-post function here is wack. That's why I got a Photobucket account... you can literally copy and paste the links of your photos from Photobucket to the forums without having to fool with all the goofiness.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Manhattan    Greetings from Manhattan  EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 7:23 pm

Jake wrote:
I'll have my laptop with me.  All this puter language (url) is foreign to me...  I guess I better learn it before I go..  I still have no idea how to post pics here, but it would be easy if it was just copy/paste..

Jake, I'll be happy to meet you at Susans and show you how to post a pic. 

The URL is just the address of the forum.  (https://pensacoladaily.forumotion.com/)  You probably have it bookmarked already.  URL stands for Uniform Resource Locator... simply a "web address".
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Manhattan    Greetings from Manhattan  EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 7:32 pm

Greetings from Manhattan  52-0
Riceme Sez...
Jake, I agree that the photo-post function here is wack. That's why I got a Photobucket account... you can literally copy and paste the links of your photos from Photobucket to the forums without having to fool with all the goofiness.

If I'm on my iPad, it is EXTREMELY difficult to post a picture.  I have to use Photobucket or IMGUR too (with the iPad).  It isn't too bad posting pics with a laptop.

Hey, has anybody noticed how screwed up the "Quote" function is?  (It forces you to type inside the quote box... duh.)
Back to top Go down
Writlarge

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Manhattan    Greetings from Manhattan  EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 7:36 pm

Eric I did notice that. I just didn't think it'd be polite for the new guy to bring it up.
Back to top Go down
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Manhattan    Greetings from Manhattan  EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 11:21 pm

Woot!! Woot!!  Just got home it was a good trip  Will post more tomorrow
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Manhattan    Greetings from Manhattan  EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 7:50 am

I'm glad you're home, HG.

How'd it go?
Back to top Go down
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Manhattan    Greetings from Manhattan  EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 8:25 am

Maybe a Hour away from My sons house we noticed a large storm cell coming up on us.  My son called and said they had sounded the tornado alerts and they were at the grocery store.  They all were going to the safe room in the store. As luck would have it we were in a construction zone with the big Barriers making the road a single lane with no place to turn off.
Then it hit!!  Blinding rain, hail, super high winds.  I could not see  Rita kept saying I was about to hit the wall but I could not see anything.  I was scarred to stop because of all the traffic behind me. God only knows why we did not crash.  The water flooded the road and the car was slipping and sliding and on the verge of flooding out,  I guess I got down to about 20mph and drove for about 4 miles until the barriers ended.  Almost everyone on the interstate was was either just creeping along or stopped. I have been driving for over 55 years.  This was the scariest situation I have even been in.   By Rita staying calm and helping guide us out, we made it. But All is good.  Just another adventure to talk about and bore my friends with.  "Did I even tell you about.............."
Back to top Go down
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Manhattan    Greetings from Manhattan  EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 12:02 pm

Welcome home HG..
Back to top Go down
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Manhattan    Greetings from Manhattan  EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 12:14 pm

Jake92 wrote:
Welcome home HG..

Thanks everyone it was a good trip
Back to top Go down
Ghost Rider
Admin
Ghost Rider

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Manhattan    Greetings from Manhattan  EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 6:32 pm

HG, the first thing to come to my mind when I read your headline was not Manhattan NY. My first thought was that of Manhattan KS.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Rider
Admin
Ghost Rider

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Manhattan    Greetings from Manhattan  EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 6:36 pm

Eric wrote:
Greetings from Manhattan  52-0
Riceme Sez...

If I'm on my iPad, it is EXTREMELY difficult to post a picture.  I have to use Photobucket or IMGUR too (with the iPad).  It isn't too bad posting pics with a laptop.

Hey, has anybody noticed how screwed up the "Quote" function is?  (It forces you to type inside the quote box... duh.)

Change the editor mode and you will be able to post below the quote box.
Back to top Go down
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Manhattan    Greetings from Manhattan  EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 6:56 pm

Manhattan IL is a very nice place.  Small township that almost seems to be lost in the past.   No police in front of the Banks, if fact, very low profile LEOs.  Such a trip really brings home how large and diverse America is.  Miles and Miles of Farm land but then there are the big Citys such as Louisville, Chicago and Nashville. Nashville is no small city.  
Gas is high, roads are poor, taxes are high, but the overall quality of life seems very high.  My son and his family likes it there and that is what important to me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Manhattan    Greetings from Manhattan  Empty

Back to top Go down

Greetings from Manhattan
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next