Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What Blackie Did Today

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

What Blackie Did Today Empty
PostSubject: What Blackie Did Today   What Blackie Did Today EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 3:36 pm

We have had cats for the last 22 years, and have outlived two already. We have had Blackie since 2004. He is a tuxedo cat that my daughter found as an abandoned kitten in the parking lot of the Rave movie theater on W Street. He is a wild and free spirit that other families would not have tolerated (like a habit of biting people who are not careful with him)--but his zany attitude also makes us love him so much.

Blackie is restricted to the back yard by a Purrfect Fence that we installed in 2008. We had to do this because we have a nearby neighbor who traps cats that stray into his yard and turns them over to animal control. Most of the other cats in the neighborhood are smart enough to stay out of Ed's traps; but after Blackie got trapped the second time in 2-years, we had to do something, so the fence went up. But, he can come and go between the house and the yard as he pleases via a pet door.

This morning, my wife was fixing her breakfast in the kitchen when there was suddenly a very loud blood-curdling scream. She thought she had accidentally stepped on his tale while cooking. She looked down, and the scream came from the young mockingbird he was holding in his jaws, that he had just brought into the house. My daughter managed to separate the cat from the bird and take the bird outside. It was injured, but still alive. She was going to take it to the wild life sanctuary, but it got away from her when she got outside. It will likely end up a meal for other neighborhood cats.

Blackie has never been much of a hunter. He is more like Sylvester from the cartoons (who was also a tuxedo cat). But when he catches something, he brings it into the house, dead, or alive. Sometimes we end up with lizards running around our house from him bringing them inside through the pet door and then releasing them. Luckily, the few times he has brought in a snake, they were already dead. The time he brought in a rat, it was dead-luckily.
Back to top Go down
http://www.led-flashlight-reviews.com/

PostSubject: Re: What Blackie Did Today   What Blackie Did Today EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 4:01 pm

That's funny. When we lived in Kentucky, I had a beautiful white cat named Roxanne. She was an amazing hunter. One night we were sitting out on our second floor balcony enjoying the evening. Roxanne came up the outside staircase onto the balcony with a rabbit in her mouth. Shocked, I yelled, "Drop it!", which she immediately did. The rabbit shot off the edge of the balcony like a rocket, fell the one story, and hit the ground running never to be seen again. That was one lucky rabbit.
Back to top Go down
Melissa
Admin
Melissa

PostSubject: Re: What Blackie Did Today   What Blackie Did Today EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 8:17 am

My sweet, petite kitty named Belle is the huntress in the family. I should have name her Diana. She has brought in birds that are far bigger than she, mice, newborn birdies (that was sad) and, when Mikey left for day and night in order to be neutered and get his shots, Belle brought in the biggest water rat I've yet to see and dropped it smack on Mikey's bed. (I expect she thought we weren't feeding him enough, so she brought him the big guns...!)

From the time Mikey first came to live with us, he imprinted on Belle. She was his MaMa, and he followed her everwhere inside the house. When we learned Belle was also feeding him, we had Belle stay outside for a while so Mikey could learn to like puppy food.

Belle thinks I don't eat right either. She brings me all sorts of food sources and puts them at the foot of the computer where she knows I spend most of my time.

EEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKK

My Bruno kitty, on the other hard, brings in lizards, spiders and any big bug he stumbles over. He doesn't hunt. He waits for them to come to him, then Bruno comes in the house, yoweling and annnouncing to all that he has claimed another treasure!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ouroasis.forumotion.com
Granny4Peace

Granny4Peace

PostSubject: Re: What Blackie Did Today   What Blackie Did Today EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 8:31 am

We got a black cat in Phoenix to keep scorpion populations down. Cats are immune to the venom. Shiraz passed away last winter and we haven't gotten another, but I think about it from time-to-time.
Back to top Go down
http://photobucket.com/g4p
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Blackie Did Today   What Blackie Did Today Empty

Back to top Go down

What Blackie Did Today
Page 1 of 1