Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

3rd leading cause of death....Doctors

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

3rd leading cause of death....Doctors Empty
PostSubject: 3rd leading cause of death....Doctors   3rd leading cause of death....Doctors EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 12:18 pm

http://campaignfortruth.com/Eclub/130902/idahoobserverdeathbydocs.htm

A generation ago, people trusted their doctors blindly
and implicitly.
The personal bonds people used to form with their doctors
have largely been replaced with the cold hard contemporary reality that
medicine has become a $multi-billion per year business with little room
for compassion. The healthcare market place is not kind and people have
lost trust. Iatrogeny plays a large and ugly role in this.

A recent study published in The Journal of The American
Medical Association (2000:284:94) by Barbara Starfield, MD, MPH, showed
that in the U.S. there are:

· 12,000 deaths/year from unnecessary surgery
· 7,000 deaths/year from medication errors in hospitals
· 20,000 deaths/year from other errors in hospitals
· 80,000 deaths/year from nosocomial infections in hospitals
· 106,000 deaths/year from adverse effects of medications

This totals 225,000 deaths per year from iatrogenic
causes, placing iatrogeny as the third leading cause of death in the U.S.,
second only to heart disease and cancer. The scary part is that this does
not include disabilities and disorders; just deaths in hospitalized patients.
In any event, when one ponders that more than four times as many people
die in one year from doctors' mistakes than died in the entire Vietnam
War, one is aghast at why this information isn't making headlines or why
huge think tanks funded by medicopolitical interests haven't formed.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: 3rd leading cause of death....Doctors   3rd leading cause of death....Doctors EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 1:00 pm

Number of deaths for leading causes of death

Heart disease: 599,413
Cancer: 567,628
Chronic lower respiratory diseases: 137,353
Stroke (cerebrovascular diseases): 128,842
Accidents (unintentional injuries): 118,021
Alzheimer's disease: 79,003
Diabetes: 68,705
Influenza and Pneumonia: 53,692
Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome, and nephrosis: 48,935
Intentional self-harm (suicide): 36,909

Gosh, I don't see doctors listed here. I guess we would live forever if it wasn't for doctors. We ought to kill 'em all.

---------------------------------------------

The same Barbara Stanfield said "There is lots of evidence that a good relationship with a freely chosen primary-care doctor, preferably over several years, is associated with better care, more appropriate care, better health, and much lower health costs." http://bostonreview.net/BR30.6/starfield.php
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: 3rd leading cause of death....Doctors   3rd leading cause of death....Doctors EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 2:03 pm

EricEricson wrote:
Number of deaths for leading causes of death

Heart disease: 599,413
Cancer: 567,628
Chronic lower respiratory diseases: 137,353
Stroke (cerebrovascular diseases): 128,842
Accidents (unintentional injuries): 118,021
Alzheimer's disease: 79,003
Diabetes: 68,705
Influenza and Pneumonia: 53,692
Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome, and nephrosis: 48,935
Intentional self-harm (suicide): 36,909

Gosh, I don't see doctors listed here. I guess we would live forever if it wasn't for doctors. We ought to kill 'em all.

---------------------------------------------

The same Barbara Stanfield said "There is lots of evidence that a good relationship with a freely chosen primary-care doctor, preferably over several years, is associated with better care, more appropriate care, better health, and much lower health costs." http://bostonreview.net/BR30.6/starfield.php

Yeah like they are going to put doctors on that list I know of personally quite a few people been killed by doctors...you do also.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 3rd leading cause of death....Doctors   3rd leading cause of death....Doctors EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 2:10 pm

TEOTWAWKI wrote:

Yeah like they are going to put doctors on that list I know of personally quite a few people been killed by doctors...you do also.

Doctors are not and never will be miracle workers. Regardless of what they do we are all still going to die one day or another. I believe that doctors help more than that hinder however. Dying is just a fact, some sooner than others.
Back to top Go down
https://pensacoladaily.forumotion.com
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: 3rd leading cause of death....Doctors   3rd leading cause of death....Doctors EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 2:14 pm

Admin wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:

Doctors are not and never will be miracle workers. Regardless of what they do we are all still going to die one day or another. I believe that doctors help more than that hinder however. Dying is just a fact, some sooner than others.

They sure do like they KILLED my 1 year old grand daughter TESTING a new UNTESTED drug on her..It destroyed her bone marrows ability to manufacture BLOOD CELLS...yeah I have not been to a doctor in years and I can outrun and outwork most teenagers.

3rd leading cause of death....Doctors Death%20by%20medicine%20vertical%20shorter%20thinner%20banner
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 3rd leading cause of death....Doctors   3rd leading cause of death....Doctors EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 2:22 pm

[quote="TEOTWAWKI"]

They sure do like they KILLED my 1 year old grand daughter TESTING a new UNTESTED drug on her..It destroyed her bone marrows ability to manufacture BLOOD CELLS...yeah I have not been to a doctor in years and I can outrun and outwork most teenagers.
[/quote

If you really believe that testing an untested drug on your grand-daughter is what really caused her death, then do/did you or the parents have a lawsuit against him and the pharmaceutical company?
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: 3rd leading cause of death....Doctors   3rd leading cause of death....Doctors EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 2:33 pm

[quote="Admin"]
TEOTWAWKI wrote:

[/quote

If you really believe that testing an untested drug on your grand-daughter is what really caused her death, then do/did you or the parents have a lawsuit against him and the pharmaceutical company?

Of course they had a right to sue...BUT the hospital went to extraordinary lengths after they poisoned her by flying her on a private plane regularly to Houston and other facilities spending 100s of thousands of dollars trying to find a way to restore her blood producing ability. There are other factors which I am not at liberty to disclose but in the long run they decided not to sue the Hospital and doctors involved. There is a lot more to the story a whole lot more but I can't tell it because of legal reasons.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: 3rd leading cause of death....Doctors   3rd leading cause of death....Doctors EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 2:50 pm

I am praying for a friend that has stage 4 cancer in her bone marrow. Ten days ago, she didn't know she was sick. She's now taking chemo 24 hours a day and sleeping all the time.

It doesn't look good.
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: 3rd leading cause of death....Doctors   3rd leading cause of death....Doctors EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 2:54 pm

EricEricson wrote:
I am praying for a friend that has stage 4 cancer in her bone marrow. Ten days ago, she didn't know she was sick. She's now taking chemo 24 hours a day and sleeping all the time.

It doesn't look good.

The body heals itself. I don't see how taxing the bodies healing abilities even more with poison could restore a person...Kind of like Shock and Awe being used to rebuild Baghdad. I hope she gets better in spite of modern quackery.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 3rd leading cause of death....Doctors   3rd leading cause of death....Doctors EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 4:18 pm

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
EricEricson wrote:

It doesn't look good.

The body heals itself. I don't see how taxing the bodies healing abilities even more with poison could restore a person...Kind of like Shock and Awe being used to rebuild Baghdad. I hope she gets better in spite of modern quackery.

So you are telling me that a good friend of mine that was diagnosed with Stage IV colon cancer and was offered chemotherapy but told the doctor the every same thing that you said, "my body will heal itself" is still alive because her body would heal itself? Tell that to her two sons and husband since she died within 6 months of being diagnosed. Her doctor told her 6 or less without chemo, and possibly more than 2 years with chemo. The 5 year survival rate for Stage IV colon cancer with targeted chemo is somewhere in the neighborhood of 60%. Yes there is a good chance that she would have died anyway, but one has to question had she elected to take chemo, how much longer would she have had to spend with her family.
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: 3rd leading cause of death....Doctors   3rd leading cause of death....Doctors EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 4:27 pm

Admin wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:
EricEricson wrote:

It doesn't look good.

So you are telling me that a good friend of mine that was diagnosed with Stage IV colon cancer and was offered chemotherapy but told the doctor the every same thing that you said, "my body will heal itself" is still alive because her body would heal itself? Tell that to her two sons and husband since she died within 6 months of being diagnosed. Her doctor told her 6 or less without chemo, and possibly more than 2 years with chemo. The 5 year survival rate for Stage IV colon cancer with targeted chemo is somewhere in the neighborhood of 60%. Yes there is a good chance that she would have died anyway, but one has to question had she elected to take chemo, how much longer would she have had to spend with her family.

Yes I am sure it would have been quality time. Colon cancer is a pit bull of cancers. Pancreatic kills quickly but colon cancer is a hard battle under any circumstances.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: 3rd leading cause of death....Doctors   3rd leading cause of death....Doctors EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 5:25 pm

My Brother-in-Law finally beat Colon Cancer. He's been cancer free for 8 or 9 years now. He bought a house in the Mayo Clinic subdivision in Jax with the idea that he would move into the nonambulatory portion, then the hospital if necessary. He's now selling his home in the Subdivision and looking for a place in Pensacola. (Going from planning for a decline to living the high-life)
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: 3rd leading cause of death....Doctors   3rd leading cause of death....Doctors EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 5:56 pm

EricEricson wrote:
My Brother-in-Law finally beat Colon Cancer. He's been cancer free for 8 or 9 years now. He bought a house in the Mayo Clinic subdivision in Jax with the idea that he would move into the nonambulatory portion, then the hospital if necessary. He's now selling his home in the Subdivision and looking for a place in Pensacola. (Going from planning for a decline to living the high-life)

Well good for him. I am happy to hear of people that overcame this disease. I think it was colon cancer that took our friend retired LEO from us wasn't it ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 3rd leading cause of death....Doctors   3rd leading cause of death....Doctors Empty

Back to top Go down

3rd leading cause of death....Doctors
Page 1 of 1