Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Should Mitt Romney have to release his tax returns?

Go down 
+5
Floridatexan
Admin
othershoe
BirdyBack
yelladawg
9 posters

Should he or should he not?
No
Should Mitt Romney have to release his tax returns? Vote_lcap45%Should Mitt Romney have to release his tax returns? Vote_rcap
 45% [ 9 ]
Yes
Should Mitt Romney have to release his tax returns? Vote_lcap55%Should Mitt Romney have to release his tax returns? Vote_rcap
 55% [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 20

AuthorMessage
yelladawg

yelladawg

Should Mitt Romney have to release his tax returns? Empty
PostSubject: Should Mitt Romney have to release his tax returns?   Should Mitt Romney have to release his tax returns? EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 8:59 am

What is your view and why?
Back to top Go down
http://warpedninblue.blogspot.com/
BirdyBack

BirdyBack

PostSubject: Re: Should Mitt Romney have to release his tax returns?   Should Mitt Romney have to release his tax returns? EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 10:52 am

His tax returns are more of an issue than was President Obama's birth certificate. We all know he is a wealthy man, so why would he want to hide his income?

Frankly, I'd be even more curious to see what he might have that is outside of the US and therefore not taxable. I think he lives in a different world than the rest of us.
Back to top Go down
othershoe

othershoe

PostSubject: Re: Should Mitt Romney have to release his tax returns?   Should Mitt Romney have to release his tax returns? EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 1:23 pm

According the the Boston Globe this is exactly the sort of secrecy and refusal to disclose his tax returns that he went though when he ran for governor of Mass.

I too want to see where all his overseas money is.

It all comes down to a decision he's made namely that whatever is in the returns, should it become public, is far worse than the heat he's taking for trying to keep them secret. Otherwise he wouldn't be trying to keep it hidden.
The question becomes: What's he hiding?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Should Mitt Romney have to release his tax returns?   Should Mitt Romney have to release his tax returns? EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 1:56 pm

It makes absolutely no difference at all to me. I don't care if he does or doesn't or anyone else for that matter.

I didn't see a tick box for my choice.
Back to top Go down
https://pensacoladaily.forumotion.com
yelladawg

yelladawg

PostSubject: Re: Should Mitt Romney have to release his tax returns?   Should Mitt Romney have to release his tax returns? EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 2:14 pm

I think he must produce these returns to all Americans and the world. If it is revealed that he has dodged his way around his taxes it will hurt his chances for being elected but if he doesn't do it everybody will think he is hiding something which is what I already think. It could be he has paid NO TAXES for many years. this is something that will not fly with average people who are being eaten up by taxes.
Back to top Go down
yelladawg

yelladawg

PostSubject: Re: Should Mitt Romney have to release his tax returns?   Should Mitt Romney have to release his tax returns? EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 9:02 am

yelladawg wrote:
I think he must produce these returns to all Americans and the world. If it is revealed that he has dodged his way around his taxes it will hurt his chances for being elected but if he doesn't do it everybody will think he is hiding something which is what I already think. It could be he has paid NO TAXES for many years. this is something that will not fly with average people who are being eaten up by taxes.

[b]

Looks like this is not a burning issue. It is to me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should Mitt Romney have to release his tax returns?   Should Mitt Romney have to release his tax returns? EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 10:23 am

yelladawg wrote:

I'm a little thrown by the word "should" in the question. He won't release his tax returns because that would be the end of his campaign. He should have paid more taxes.

I'm really enjoying watching the hammering Harry Reid has been laying on Willard, and the howls of outrage from the Repukes because of it. One prominent Repuke who has remained conspicuously silent during this fracas has been John McCain. And, he's seen Willard's tax returns. Hmmm ....
Back to top Go down
yelladawg

yelladawg

PostSubject: Re: Should Mitt Romney have to release his tax returns?   Should Mitt Romney have to release his tax returns? EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 3:09 pm

Salinsky2012 wrote:
yelladawg wrote:

I'm a little thrown by the word "should" in the question. He won't release his tax returns because that would be the end of his campaign. He should have paid more taxes.

I'm really enjoying watching the hammering Harry Reid has been laying on Willard, and the howls of outrage from the Repukes because of it. One prominent Repuke who has remained conspicuously silent during this fracas has been John McCain. And, he's seen Willard's tax returns. Hmmm ....

As you know, Salinsky, we are in a Republican stronghold hence the low participation in this poll I started. It was a dumb poll anyway since if he releases the returns he will lose because people will know he is a phony and if he doesn't release them he will lose because people will think he is hiding something.

A classic double edged sword.
Back to top Go down
Floridatexan

PostSubject: Re: Should Mitt Romney have to release his tax returns?   Should Mitt Romney have to release his tax returns? EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 7:21 am

I already knew he was a phony; the fact that he doesn't want anyone to see his tax info only confirms that for me.
Back to top Go down
Floridatexan

PostSubject: Re: Should Mitt Romney have to release his tax returns?   Should Mitt Romney have to release his tax returns? EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 7:49 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVTBtciJtnc&feature=player_embedded

Contrast J K Rowling with Mittens.
Back to top Go down
stormwatch89

stormwatch89

PostSubject: Re: Should Mitt Romney have to release his tax returns?   Should Mitt Romney have to release his tax returns? EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 12:25 pm

He's no longer a candidate so why should he?

Isn't it the responsibility of IRS to define any "inaccuracies"?

Nope, no way, no how should he be required to do so now. Would you want yours made public?
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Should Mitt Romney have to release his tax returns?   Should Mitt Romney have to release his tax returns? EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 12:43 pm

stormwatch89 wrote:

Nope, no way, no how should he be required to do so now. Would you want yours made public?

Stormy, if you check the date on the post, it was from last August. My guess is that he had something to hide regarding income from Bain Capital that he previously said he was not associated with, past a certain date. I think he didn't want to get caught in a lie...
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Should Mitt Romney have to release his tax returns?   Should Mitt Romney have to release his tax returns? EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 11:50 pm

Eric wrote:
stormwatch89 wrote:

Stormy, if you check the date on the post, it was from last August. My guess is that he had something to hide regarding income from Bain Capital that he previously said he was not associated with, past a certain date. I think he didn't want to get caught in a lie...

I agree with E2, Stormy. I always felt that he was "off" and he left me feeling unsettled and with the distinct feeling that he was lying,... trying to pull one over on The People. The #1 part of my job has always been to have to "read" people... even people whom I have never met and only spoken to on the phone. I can smell BS from thousands of miles away. This guy reeked of it to me.
Back to top Go down
stormwatch89

stormwatch89

PostSubject: Re: Should Mitt Romney have to release his tax returns?   Should Mitt Romney have to release his tax returns? EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 5:00 pm

Oops, my bad. I didn't check dates! Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Should Mitt Romney have to release his tax returns?   Should Mitt Romney have to release his tax returns? EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 5:11 pm

stormwatch89 wrote:

No problem. We still love ya. Should Mitt Romney have to release his tax returns? 6
Back to top Go down
stormwatch89

stormwatch89

PostSubject: Re: Should Mitt Romney have to release his tax returns?   Should Mitt Romney have to release his tax returns? EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 10:09 pm

Eric wrote:
stormwatch89 wrote:

No problem. We still love ya. Should Mitt Romney have to release his tax returns? 6

Thanks, Eric. There is still a place for blonde bimbos?
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Should Mitt Romney have to release his tax returns?   Should Mitt Romney have to release his tax returns? EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 10:12 am

stormwatch89 wrote:
Eric wrote:
stormwatch89 wrote:

Thanks, Eric. There is still a place for blonde bimbos?

Yep, and still a place for bald old farts too...
Back to top Go down
Melissa
Admin
Melissa

PostSubject: Re: Should Mitt Romney have to release his tax returns?   Should Mitt Romney have to release his tax returns? EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 12:03 pm

I couldn't get past his bragging about Romneycare in Massachusetts then knocking President Obama's health care plan. The two plans were pretty much dead ringers for each other.

I could never get behind a man who could make such a huge flip flop.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ouroasis.forumotion.com
Melissa
Admin
Melissa

PostSubject: Re: Should Mitt Romney have to release his tax returns?   Should Mitt Romney have to release his tax returns? EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 12:06 pm

stormwatch89 wrote:
Eric wrote:
stormwatch89 wrote:

[quote[]Thanks, Eric. There is still a place for blonde bimbos?

You betcha', Blondie!

Signed,
Another Blondie
Back to top Go down
http://www.ouroasis.forumotion.com
stormwatch89

stormwatch89

PostSubject: Re: Should Mitt Romney have to release his tax returns?   Should Mitt Romney have to release his tax returns? EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 6:05 pm

PBulldog2 wrote:
stormwatch89 wrote:
Eric wrote:
stormwatch89 wrote:

[quote[]Thanks, Eric. There is still a place for blonde bimbos?

You betcha', Blondie!

Signed,
Another Blondie

Do we really have more fun???
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should Mitt Romney have to release his tax returns?   Should Mitt Romney have to release his tax returns? Empty

Back to top Go down

Should Mitt Romney have to release his tax returns?
Page 1 of 1