Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Anyone Else Have a Problem with This?

Go down 
+2
Eric
SheSurfs
6 posters
AuthorMessage
SheSurfs

SheSurfs

Anyone Else Have a Problem with This? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone Else Have a Problem with This?   Anyone Else Have a Problem with This? EmptyWed May 22, 2013 8:22 pm

I was livid when I saw what was going on in this photo of the recovery of Owen Black's body. What's wrong with people?

http://www.pnj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/gallery?Avis=DP&Dato=20130519&Kategori=NEWS14&Lopenr=305190822&Ref=PH
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Else Have a Problem with This?   Anyone Else Have a Problem with This? EmptyWed May 22, 2013 9:06 pm

They must have removed that photo. There was no picture of the boy... thankfully.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
SheSurfs

SheSurfs

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Else Have a Problem with This?   Anyone Else Have a Problem with This? EmptyWed May 22, 2013 9:33 pm

No, it was not the photo of the boy, it is the people callously tanning, recreating....beer drinking...when someone's baby is lying there dead a few feet away. It makes me sick how little disregard people have.
Back to top Go down
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Else Have a Problem with This?   Anyone Else Have a Problem with This? EmptyWed May 22, 2013 10:15 pm

They learned it from mommy and daddy.....
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Else Have a Problem with This?   Anyone Else Have a Problem with This? EmptyWed May 22, 2013 10:25 pm

I saw that and thought it was odd. They showed no concern.

Maybe they tried to help, but maybe the ESAR ran them off.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
Melissa
Admin
Melissa

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Else Have a Problem with This?   Anyone Else Have a Problem with This? EmptyThu May 23, 2013 2:06 pm

How callous. I don't understand either, SheSurfs.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ouroasis.forumotion.com
Surfnrg

Surfnrg

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Else Have a Problem with This?   Anyone Else Have a Problem with This? EmptyThu May 23, 2013 3:50 pm

I think the pnj pulled this picture ?
Back to top Go down
Melissa
Admin
Melissa

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Else Have a Problem with This?   Anyone Else Have a Problem with This? EmptyFri May 24, 2013 7:12 am

whowherewhy wrote:
I think the pnj pulled this picture ?

It's still there thing morning, 3Ws.
Back to top Go down
SheSurfs

SheSurfs

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Else Have a Problem with This?   Anyone Else Have a Problem with This? EmptyFri May 24, 2013 7:33 am

On a better note, there were hundreds of people out searching from the moment word got out including some of the forum members. Some of the search teams even included tourists on vacation. It's good to see like-minded people who understand that in the end, there really isn't anything else that matters more than kids.

Healthy or rambunctious, it's probably not a bad idea to buy portable door alarm systems for active kids when you are traveling. My own son walked into the wrong condo when he was a little guy and I could see this accident happening to just about anyone. Apparently they have wrist and ankle bracelets with monitoring for autistic and severely debilitated kids.

I would like to see those funded to parents of special needs kids as would more than cover the cost of a massive search like the one that took place this weekend. Sadly five other autistic kids around the country wandered out of their homes in the last week and drowned. With my daughter still battling encephalitis, I know how exhausting it is to be vigilant 24/7...and then to think of it for years on end....
Back to top Go down
Melissa
Admin
Melissa

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Else Have a Problem with This?   Anyone Else Have a Problem with This? EmptyFri May 24, 2013 12:25 pm

I'm sorry about your daughter, SheSurfs. I hope she recovers very soon. Sending strong positive vibes and prayers your way.....

Last edited by Melissa B on Sat May 25, 2013 7:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Else Have a Problem with This?   Anyone Else Have a Problem with This? EmptyFri May 24, 2013 10:11 pm

Sending up good thoughts for your daughter and family, SheSurfs.
Back to top Go down
SheSurfs

SheSurfs

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Else Have a Problem with This?   Anyone Else Have a Problem with This? EmptySun May 26, 2013 8:34 pm

Thanks you all. It's been a nightmare but somehow when you are in the middle of it, you are working so hard it doesn't seem so unbearable. My daughter is an exceptional survivor going back to her very premature birth, a broken leg in delivery and three years of neglect in a Russian orphanage before her adoption. Nothing is going to keep her down or me either for that matter! (BTW, please don't quote this. After you all read it, I will delete it for her privacy.)
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Else Have a Problem with This?   Anyone Else Have a Problem with This? EmptySun May 26, 2013 10:09 pm

She sounds like a fighter SS, and like an exceptionally strong young woman (as if you would raise any other kind!)... I've no doubt that she is going to kick this thing square in the ass and come out stronger than ever. Again, you all are in my thoughts and I'm sending up good thoughts for you all the time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Else Have a Problem with This?   Anyone Else Have a Problem with This? Empty

Back to top Go down

Anyone Else Have a Problem with This?
Page 1 of 1