Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

For all you little trusting sheep...How much more do I have to show you before you believe me ?

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

For all you little trusting sheep...How much more do I have to show you before you believe me ? Empty
PostSubject: For all you little trusting sheep...How much more do I have to show you before you believe me ?   For all you little trusting sheep...How much more do I have to show you before you believe me ? EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 11:36 pm

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/chemotherapy-backfire-boost-cancer-growth-study-164516832.html

Cancer-busting chemotherapy can cause damage to healthy cells which triggers them to secrete a protein that sustains tumour growth and resistance to further treatment, a study said Sunday.

Researchers in the United States made the "completely unexpected" finding while seeking to explain why cancer cells are so resilient inside the human body when they are easy to kill in the lab.

They tested the effects of a type of chemotherapy on tissue collected from men with prostate cancer, and found "evidence of DNA damage" in healthy cells after treatment, the scientists wrote in Nature Medicine.

Back to top Go down
ButtBob

For all you little trusting sheep...How much more do I have to show you before you believe me ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: For all you little trusting sheep...How much more do I have to show you before you believe me ?   For all you little trusting sheep...How much more do I have to show you before you believe me ? EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 7:21 am

I thought we were sheeple because we're too brainwashed to accept the truth that the government blew up the world trade center, blew up the OK City building, and shot up the Colorado theater.
How does this story relate to that?

Speaking as a sheeple, the fact that things which are supposed to be beneficial to our health can have dire negative consequences is not only totally plausible but has already been demonstrated with pharmaceuticals which have had to be pulled of the market because they cause heart attacks and strokes.

So I'm just a word trade center, OK City building and Colorado theater shooting sheeple. Not a sheeple on everything.

Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: For all you little trusting sheep...How much more do I have to show you before you believe me ?   For all you little trusting sheep...How much more do I have to show you before you believe me ? EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 9:21 am

Teo, if modern foods and medicines and medical treatments are so much of an abomination, how come life expectancy has gone from 48 years in 1900 to over 75 now?

Those figures a conspiracy too?

It sure isn't because we're all fit and trim and exercising regularly.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
ButtBob

PostSubject: Re: For all you little trusting sheep...How much more do I have to show you before you believe me ?   For all you little trusting sheep...How much more do I have to show you before you believe me ? EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 11:27 am

EricEricson wrote:
Teo, if modern foods and medicines and medical treatments are so much of an abomination, how come life expectancy has gone from 48 years in 1900 to over 75 now?

It's obviously a trick. The trilateral commission made us live longer to get our trust and confidence. When all along they were double crossing us and fattening us up for the kill.
Back to top Go down
ButtBob

PostSubject: Re: For all you little trusting sheep...How much more do I have to show you before you believe me ?   For all you little trusting sheep...How much more do I have to show you before you believe me ? EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 11:29 am

Think about this. The terrorist attacks took place on Sept 11th. Sept is the ninth month of the year. Nine is two less than eleven and two less than nine would be seven. The number eleven rhymes with the number seven and the number two rhymes with the word Jew. Could it be that Al Qaeda is PART OF A JEWISH CONSPIRACY? You decide.
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: For all you little trusting sheep...How much more do I have to show you before you believe me ?   For all you little trusting sheep...How much more do I have to show you before you believe me ? EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 11:35 am

EricEricson wrote:

Simle answer is sanitation....less horse manure and people manure breeding disease. That along with cleaner water, which is rapidly going back to nasty.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: For all you little trusting sheep...How much more do I have to show you before you believe me ?   For all you little trusting sheep...How much more do I have to show you before you believe me ? EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 11:52 am

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Simle answer is sanitation....less horse manure and people manure breeding disease. That along with cleaner water, which is rapidly going back to nasty.

That might have been true for horse manure pre 1930 (life expectancy 59), but I don't buy the people manure aspect. You might be able to make a good argument for people manure in third-world countries that still use night-soil and don't have clean water for flushing and hand washing, but not in the US.
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: For all you little trusting sheep...How much more do I have to show you before you believe me ?   For all you little trusting sheep...How much more do I have to show you before you believe me ? EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 12:06 pm

One other factor is that they factor in death at childbirth in the old figures. There is a huge decrease in deaths by children under 1 year old. This again is due to better birthing techniques and sanitation.

The deaths of babies shifted the numbers on the bell curve you are pointing at... Many many people lived to quite old in the 1800s...

Fact is a couple of doctors invented birthing tongs and made a fortune by keeping them hidden from the general public and making a name for themselves as the best at delivering babies.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: For all you little trusting sheep...How much more do I have to show you before you believe me ?   For all you little trusting sheep...How much more do I have to show you before you believe me ? EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 12:20 pm

And you don't think infant mortality has anything to do with better medical care?

Teo, I know you have good reason to distrust doctors and are generally distrusting of foodstocks, but you cannot ignore the 800 pound gorilla in the room. Medical advances HAVE improved our lives and our life spans.

Sure, there are side effects to meds and problems with some vaccines, but they have saved many, many lives.

Last edited by EricEricson on Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: For all you little trusting sheep...How much more do I have to show you before you believe me ?   For all you little trusting sheep...How much more do I have to show you before you believe me ? EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 12:25 pm

EricEricson wrote:
And you don't think infant mortality has anything to do with better medical care?

Not really unless the great MAGNIFICENT discovery by Dr.Lister that if you washed your hands between examining patients you might save them from infection and death...yeah that really took a braniac to figure that out...
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: For all you little trusting sheep...How much more do I have to show you before you believe me ?   For all you little trusting sheep...How much more do I have to show you before you believe me ? EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 12:27 pm

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
EricEricson wrote:

Not really unless the great MAGNIFICENT discovery by Dr.Lister that if you washed your hands between examining patients you might save them from infection and death...yeah that really took a braniac to figure that out...

If sanitation was the only cause of infant mortality, that would be a great argument... but I doubt if it has been a significant factor in US mortality in the last 50 years.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: For all you little trusting sheep...How much more do I have to show you before you believe me ?   For all you little trusting sheep...How much more do I have to show you before you believe me ? EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 12:29 pm

http://dying.about.com/od/pediatriccare/tp/leading_causes_infant_death.htm

Sanitation isn't in the top 5 causes of infant mortality in the US.
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: For all you little trusting sheep...How much more do I have to show you before you believe me ?   For all you little trusting sheep...How much more do I have to show you before you believe me ? EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 12:33 pm

EricEricson wrote:
http://dying.about.com/od/pediatriccare/tp/leading_causes_infant_death.htm

Sanitation isn't in the top 5 causes of infant mortality in the US.

That is what I said..IT USED TO BE.
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: For all you little trusting sheep...How much more do I have to show you before you believe me ?   For all you little trusting sheep...How much more do I have to show you before you believe me ? EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 12:35 pm

we all know Plato died at
age 84 and Aristotle died at age 62, Thomas Reid died age 86 and Galileo lived
to be 77 Issac Newton 84 and all these famous figures died before 1900. i
could name at least 10 more famous people who lived to be 60-80 years of
age.in-fact heres list of people who lived before 1900 and you can do the math
and see what the average life span of those people were.

here's a cut n paste quote..

Joseph Lister, 1st Baron Lister OM, FRS, PC (5 April 1827 – 10 February 1912

Friedlieb Runge (1797–1867) discovered creosote

Last edited by TEOTWAWKI on Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: For all you little trusting sheep...How much more do I have to show you before you believe me ?   For all you little trusting sheep...How much more do I have to show you before you believe me ? EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 12:39 pm

What does the age of Plato or Aristotle have to do with the AVERAGE life expectancy of a population???

Nothing!
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: For all you little trusting sheep...How much more do I have to show you before you believe me ?   For all you little trusting sheep...How much more do I have to show you before you believe me ? EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 12:41 pm

EricEricson wrote:
What does the age of Plato or Aristotle have to do with the AVERAGE life expectancy of a population???

Nothing!

They were human beings...you are just being illogical and stubborn aren't you....?

By all means do what you think best....
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: For all you little trusting sheep...How much more do I have to show you before you believe me ?   For all you little trusting sheep...How much more do I have to show you before you believe me ? EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 12:44 pm

I'm Stubborn? Just because I use logic and science and have a science background, it gives me a certain insight into medical arguments.

I'm not being illogical. If anything, it seems you are paranoid and illogical. If you want to use logic about life expectancy... throw out some logical arguments...
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: For all you little trusting sheep...How much more do I have to show you before you believe me ?   For all you little trusting sheep...How much more do I have to show you before you believe me ? EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 1:15 pm

Teo, I'm headed to the store to buy me some veggies to go with the chicken thighs I'm gonna cook on the grill tonight. I sprinkle the thighs with Tony's Cajun Spices, grill/smoke them a while, then wrap them in foil to keep them from getting dry and cook them on the grill a little longer. I try to cook them at 225-275 for several hours.

Man... that's good!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: For all you little trusting sheep...How much more do I have to show you before you believe me ?   For all you little trusting sheep...How much more do I have to show you before you believe me ? EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 1:24 pm

EricEricson wrote:
Teo, I'm headed to the store to buy me some veggies to go with the chicken thighs I'm gonna cook on the grill tonight. I sprinkle the thighs with Tony's Cajun Spices, grill/smoke them a while, then wrap them in foil to keep them from getting dry and cook them on the grill a little longer. I try to cook them at 225-275 for several hours.

Man... that's good!

Have you tried Zatarins Creole Seasoning? I've found it to be a much better product than Tony Chachere's, if that's what you're talking about.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: For all you little trusting sheep...How much more do I have to show you before you believe me ?   For all you little trusting sheep...How much more do I have to show you before you believe me ? EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 3:23 pm

It is. I throw some garlic on it as well as the Tony's. That chicken is really delicious...

I'll get me some Zatarains when I run out of Tony's and give it a try.
Back to top Go down
SheSurfs

SheSurfs

PostSubject: Re: For all you little trusting sheep...How much more do I have to show you before you believe me ?   For all you little trusting sheep...How much more do I have to show you before you believe me ? EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 3:46 pm

My kids spent their first three years in an orphanage in filth you cannot imagine.....apples were used instead of toothbrushes, when they did brush their teeth, the workers lined them up and used a common toothbrush, no soap, baths once a week on a good week, no hand washing....you get the idea...

Now....

While all their classmates, who are slathering themselves in hand sanitizer, are allergic to everything, contract several colds each year, suffer from a few bouts of gastrointestinal diseases every year and get other loathsome diseases like bronchitis or strep....

...in ten plus years they have never had fevers, vomited or had more than two colds between them.

There is something to letting your immune system learn to do its thing.
Back to top Go down
SheSurfs

SheSurfs

PostSubject: Re: For all you little trusting sheep...How much more do I have to show you before you believe me ?   For all you little trusting sheep...How much more do I have to show you before you believe me ? EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 3:49 pm

The amazing thing isn't that chemotherapy kills or alters some healthy cells....it is that in a few short decades doctors have learned how to target, isolate and wipe out malignant cells.

That said, it is remarkable how little we do to prevent it.
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: For all you little trusting sheep...How much more do I have to show you before you believe me ?   For all you little trusting sheep...How much more do I have to show you before you believe me ? EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 3:51 pm

SheSurfs wrote:
My kids spent their first three years in an orphanage in filth you cannot imagine.....apples were used instead of toothbrushes, when they did brush their teeth, the workers lined them up and used a common toothbrush, no soap, baths once a week on a good week, no hand washing....you get the idea...

Now....

While all their classmates, who are slathering themselves in hand sanitizer, are allergic to everything, contract several colds each year, suffer from a few bouts of gastrointestinal diseases every year and get other loathsome diseases like bronchitis or strep....

...in ten plus years they have never had fevers, vomited or had more than two colds between them.

There is something to letting your immune system learn to do its thing.

I'll buy that unless it's a constant dose of fecal material in the water or rat droppings leading to dysentery , typhus or typhoid .
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: For all you little trusting sheep...How much more do I have to show you before you believe me ?   For all you little trusting sheep...How much more do I have to show you before you believe me ? EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 3:59 pm

SheSurfs wrote:
The amazing thing isn't that chemotherapy kills or alters some healthy cells....it is that in a few short decades doctors have learned how to target, isolate and wipe out malignant cells.

That said, it is remarkable how little we do to prevent it.

They want you to believe that. Seeds, chemo, radition therapy do kill cancer cells but the body burden on those treated can be immediately life threatening. I mean I understand the theory. Cancer cells secrete a chemical that shields them from the bodies defenses so if you NUKE the area around the cancer the bodies defenses go there and start cleaning up the dead cells and perhaps in the blast zone the cancer may be killed. In that process many of the cells may migrate and setup colonies elsewhere. I have seen bone cancer cells growing in people's brains for instance.
Back to top Go down
Granny4Peace

Granny4Peace

PostSubject: Re: For all you little trusting sheep...How much more do I have to show you before you believe me ?   For all you little trusting sheep...How much more do I have to show you before you believe me ? EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 4:00 pm

As a 13 year survivor of advanced ovarian cancer, I am very greatful for chemotherapy! The drugs that were used on me were taxol and carboplatin. Taxol is a derivative of the Pacific Yew tree and carboplatin is made from platinum. Both occur naturally. They were both highly toxic, but they did the trick, as evidenced by my existence today. I also have two sisters who are cancer survivors, partially because of Taxol. When you are faced with the very real death threat of cancer, I think you become much more open-minded about the options that are placed before you.

I'm truely sorry about your grand baby, Teo. I have grandchildren that I adore, and I can't honestly say I wouldn't feel the same way you do if faced with similar circumstances. But I would bet that more people are saved by modern medicine than succumb to it.
Back to top Go down
http://photobucket.com/g4p
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: For all you little trusting sheep...How much more do I have to show you before you believe me ?   For all you little trusting sheep...How much more do I have to show you before you believe me ? Empty

Back to top Go down

For all you little trusting sheep...How much more do I have to show you before you believe me ?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next