Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Joseph Kane, missing kayaker

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Eric

Eric

Joseph Kane, missing kayaker Empty
PostSubject: Joseph Kane, missing kayaker   Joseph Kane, missing kayaker EmptyThu May 16, 2013 4:06 pm

Joseph Kane seems to be a good kid. Christine and I used to travel with his family when he was 4 or 5 and all the kids seem to be well behaved. His sister Mollie is the youth group leader at our church and he is a sometimes scripture reader during services. Joseph is an Eagle Scout, a lifeguard and very muscular.

He was last seen paddling his bright yellow kayak with his dog onboard near the pass on Monday.

It just doesn't make sense.

Please pray for his safe return if you are so inclined.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Joseph Kane, missing kayaker   Joseph Kane, missing kayaker EmptyFri May 24, 2013 1:56 pm

I see that his kayak was found on Eglin Gulf-front property near Navarre. After this development and because so much time has elapsed, we can only assume the worst.

I can still pray for him...
Back to top Go down
Surfnrg

Surfnrg

PostSubject: Re: Joseph Kane, missing kayaker   Joseph Kane, missing kayaker EmptyFri May 24, 2013 2:29 pm

Isnt there another kayaker missing too?
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Joseph Kane, missing kayaker   Joseph Kane, missing kayaker EmptyFri May 24, 2013 3:53 pm

Not that I'm aware of. They found a kayaker's body with his kayak on Perdido Key last week, I believe. If I remember correctly, he had been fishing.
Back to top Go down
Surfnrg

Surfnrg

PostSubject: Re: Joseph Kane, missing kayaker   Joseph Kane, missing kayaker EmptyFri May 24, 2013 4:01 pm

And some women found dead?
Back to top Go down
Ghost Rider
Admin
Ghost Rider

PostSubject: Re: Joseph Kane, missing kayaker   Joseph Kane, missing kayaker EmptyFri May 24, 2013 5:07 pm

whowherewhy wrote:
And some women found dead?

A woman and her child were found deceased last week in the area of the Navy Base. Authorities suspect drowning in both cases.
Back to top Go down
SheSurfs

SheSurfs

PostSubject: Re: Joseph Kane, missing kayaker   Joseph Kane, missing kayaker EmptySun May 26, 2013 8:52 pm

Good thoughts for whole the family, Eric.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Joseph Kane, missing kayaker   Joseph Kane, missing kayaker EmptySun May 26, 2013 9:44 pm

Jim and Margie, his parents, say they are people of faith, but also understand that it is not a rescue mission anymore... it is one of recovery.

I pray for closure for them at this point.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Joseph Kane, missing kayaker   Joseph Kane, missing kayaker EmptySun May 26, 2013 9:50 pm

I am so sorry for his parents. I pray for strength to get them through this and beyond.
Back to top Go down
Vettecor

Vettecor

PostSubject: Re: Joseph Kane, missing kayaker   Joseph Kane, missing kayaker EmptyMon May 27, 2013 3:13 pm

This is SO sad.

Why did it take so long for the kayak to show up ? Well over a week after Joseph was reported missing the kayak was found by a fisherman on shore.

Although NOT impossible to sink a kayak, they normally float on top of the water with or without an occupant.

There was an extensive search going on right after Joseph was reported missing. The searches included air, land, and sea but the kayak was NEVER seen.

None of the items that Joseph had with him have turned up.

His father also claimed that Joseph ALWAYS wore his life jacket.

I think there are a lot of unanswered questions regarding this nightmare.

Our prayers are with the family.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Joseph Kane, missing kayaker   Joseph Kane, missing kayaker Empty

Back to top Go down

Joseph Kane, missing kayaker
Page 1 of 1